Hi there! How are you? I need some help please...
    When i was trying to download whats-app application an unexpected error has appeared on my handset screen mentioning the following text:
    " java.io.IOException: Failed to transmit "

Thank you for ur support and cooperation.
    08-29-11 02:45 PM
    not supported for your BB
    08-29-11 05:18 PM
    What OS do you have? 5 or 6? Also please state where you are downloading from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 10:48 AM
    Welcome to the forums?

By "Bold 2" do you mean the 9700? What OS do you have? Data Plan/BIS/WiFi? Carrier? Give us more info so we can try to help...

DId you try a battery pull and download again?
    08-30-11 10:53 AM
    @diegonei I think the Bold 2 is the 9700

08-30-11 10:56 AM
    @diegonei I think the Bold 2 is the 9700
    You do don't you? Well I do too. But did the OP provide us anything to work with?
    08-30-11 11:47 AM
    Nah he didn't.......

08-30-11 11:51 AM
    OP, please provide us with more information so we can help you the best of our knowledge.

08-30-11 12:29 PM
    HELLO I'VE A 8520 BB AND I'VE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I WRITE MY NUMBER IN THE FIRST SCREEN ON WHATSAPP.
    "unexpected error.java.IOException: Failed to transmit" ...
    " MONTH AGO THE APP WORKED BUT I WENT IN LONDON AND I DELETED INTERNET BECAUSE I'M FROM ITALY. NOW I'M COME BACK IN ITALY AND I TURN ON INTERNET ON MY PHONE WITH "TIM" LIKE 2 MONTH AGO, BUT WHATS APP DOESN'T WORK.. I TRY TO PUT "ALLOW" TO ALL THE INFORMATION AND RESTART THE FIREWALL BUT ITS THE SAME... WHAT CAN I DO?

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I HOPE U UNDERSTAND
    09-14-11 04:46 PM
    Let me just UP this thread. Experienced the same error even after re-installing the app. WhatsApp was perfectly working in the morning, then when my full bis expired, I couldn't access WhatsApp anymore even with wifi connected. I have tried WA before without any BIS service, but this time.. It totally won't connect.

BB 9700
    OS 6.0.0.650
    09-24-11 07:02 PM
    Even I am having the same problem, all this time I was using whatsApp normally, but when i stared it to update, for some reason it couldn't got update so I reinstalled it since than I am getting this error whenever I press continue after typing the phone number I get this stupid error.

Java.io.IOException: failed to transmit.

Please somebody find the solution.

BB model- 9300 Curve

Thanks

Sent from my IPad

Let me just UP this thread. Experienced the same error even after re-installing the app. WhatsApp was perfectly working in the morning, then when my full bis expired, I couldn't access WhatsApp anymore even with wifi connected. I have tried WA before without any BIS service, but this time.. It totally won't connect.

BB 9700
    OS 6.0.0.650
    09-25-11 02:20 PM
    Hi!
    I have the same problem. I try to re-install the app like 10 times, I tried to reboot the device, i tried with and without wifi connection- nothing is working.
    Have you found a solution yet? Can someone explain me what can I do?
    Thanks
    09-28-11 03:29 AM
    Hello guyz...the "Java.io.IOException: failed to transmit" error appers when your number gets locked on the whatsapp network. The only solution to unlock again is try inserting any other SIM card in the phone and signup whatsapp with that new sim & then it will start for sure, then you can switch off the phone n put your old sim card back & signup then you wont get that error now. This has always worked for me, hope it does for you all too.Reply back if this worked.
    02-07-12 01:51 AM
    Hello guyz...the "Java.io.IOException: failed to transmit" error appers when your number gets locked on the whatsapp network. The only solution to unlock again is try inserting any other SIM card in the phone and signup whatsapp with that new sim & then it will start for sure, then you can switch off the phone n put your old sim card back & signup then you wont get that error now. This has always worked for me, hope it does for you all too.Reply back if this worked.
    02-07-12 01:53 AM
    But if my phone is CDMA??? no SIM card... what should I do? I have a CURVE 8530 OS 5.
    04-27-12 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD