I'm having issues with facebook.com on my 9780. when i go to Welcome to Facebook from my browser it automatically routes to touch.facebook.com which is what happens if you're on a touchscreen phone. It also shows at the bottom "download fb for your TORCH". This is the first time I'm trying to access the site with OS6. Every other time I've logged in on my previous phone..the 9630 & my fiancee's 9700 (both of them OS5)..it always recognized what device you were on and it would say "download fb for your tour" or "bold" depening on which one I was using. I'm beginning to think that FB doesn't support the other versions of the new OS6 browser besides the 9800. The reason I'm complaining is because the pointer doesn't work/gesture properly and i'm not able to click on the different headins such as Home, Profile, etc. It definitely seems as if it thinks i'm on the torch (take a hint from what it says at the bottom of the page right)..lol. Anyways, anybody else experiencing this? Any advice? The app sucks like most of us already know so I prefer using the mobile site. Forgive me if this should of been posted in the OS6 forum but I needed to be specific to the 9780.
    11-14-10 05:52 PM
    facebook app wont let me sign in for some reason
    but as for your problem
    visit m.facebook.com
    11-15-10 07:39 PM
    and yes, i just tried facebook.com, it took me to touch.facebook.com
    11-15-10 07:40 PM
    I have the same problem!

I dont like the app, and prefer the touch.facebook.com site because i can tag people and places in my status etc. But the now problem is that I''m not able to click on the top bar status, foto, inchecken ( in dutch). It used to work but now it dont work. Sometimes even the site touch.facebook.com isnt working, i get the error code: 10001.

Has anybody a fix how to work with the touch.facebook.com site with my Bold 9780 ?

Thanks in advance

Arshaad
    02-14-12 01:27 PM
    Please anybody?
    02-15-12 04:55 AM
    Are people trying m.facebook.com or just facebook.com? There is a difference. The m.facebook.com is setup for mobile devices.
    02-15-12 10:47 AM
    Are people trying m.facebook.com or just facebook.com? There is a difference. The m.facebook.com is setup for mobile devices.
    I'm using touch.facebook.com with my Bold 9780 because i can then tag people and locations in my facebook status. But the problem is that the sites doens't work as it should be. When the site has fully loaded, I cannot select the "status" bar or the "photo" bar. Frustrating is that it used to work, but now it doesn't.
    02-15-12 12:12 PM
    I tried it on my 9650, and it does not seem to be optimized for non touch screen devices, such as ours. On my iPod Touch, it works perfectly.
    02-15-12 01:26 PM
    hmm it could be, but I don't get that it sometimes works perfect and I can click everything. Besides I tried touch.facebook.com on a Torch, at first it worked but later on the site didn't load anymore. It also gave error code 1001 :s
    02-16-12 02:09 AM
    Bump plz anybody?
    02-18-12 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD