Purchased a few months ago and app called "Wifi File Transfer".

I frequently switched from a device to another, so I use the app world to reinstall purchased app quite often. I had no problems reinstalling the app for a couple of times.

yet This last time this app (and only this app) disappeared from "My World", tried to log out, refresh and reset (alt+RST or whatever that code is). No dice, the app is not there.

Tried to re-purchase, but it tells:

You have already purchased this item. Please go to "My World" and use the men tu refresh your purchase (Error id: 30222)

Any ideas? All the other apps are there.

I am using the .862 and BB App World latest release. 2.0.0.36
    09-10-10 09:37 AM
    Also, It could be in Downloads, checked yet?

Maybe a better experienced user can provide more detailed help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 09:41 AM
    thanks for the reply,

it's not in the downloads as I never downloaded it on this device. I frequently swap,
    09-11-10 03:59 PM
    I am having the exact issue with quicklaunch. And honestly I'm getting really frustrated as well. The only difference is I never swapped devices buying QL for the first time or any app for that matter and I am not happy with app world

09-11-10 08:09 PM
    Checked the blackberry forums also, this seems to be a common issue with no solution at the moment.

09-13-10 10:57 AM
    I know this might seem like a silly suggestion, but make sure you're signed into My World.

I had a similar issue with FlightView a while back and was really flummoxed. Once I signed in...full joy.
    09-13-10 11:22 AM
    Tried everything, but nothing works. You have to sign in now in order to view my world it prompts you. However thanks for the input.

09-13-10 05:06 PM
    i'm curious about the app. i think i understand the concept, if as straight forward as the title would suggest, however i know of no other device that allows for such a thing. my laptop does bluetooth file transfer with other bluetooth capable objects, but has no such option in wifi.
    09-13-10 05:13 PM
    While in My World hold ALT and type R S T (one letter at a time). It will refresh your apps list.
    09-13-10 05:25 PM
    While in My World hold ALT and type R S T (one letter at a time). It will refresh your apps list.
    said he tried that.
    09-13-10 09:47 PM
    Yep tried it also, uninstalled and installed app world 4 times. I have also reset the list various times, but nothing...

09-14-10 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the support.

Seems like there's no solution for now. I hope this won't happen to a crucial app...
    09-16-10 05:45 AM
    Has anyone resolved the issue with BB AW... re-purchase, or re-install, or upgrade, but it tells:

You have already purchased this item. Please go to "My World" and use the men to refresh your purchase (Error id: 30222)

I'm having the same prob. (tried to reinstall, upgrade - got same notification from BBAW) and can't find a solution anywhere.

Thanks
    11-18-10 12:25 PM
    email customer support on blackberry app world. am sure they can help your situation. I had a problem with an app that required a code and after giving me a new code it was ok. Hope this helps
    11-18-10 01:14 PM
    Jude526

Thanks!

From the BBAW home page
    appworld.blackberry.com /webstore/

I tried...
    Contact Us
    Support and Services
    ...these went to BlackBerry Tech Support (pay only)

Knowledge Base
    Customer Forums
    ...and on and on, to no avail

What is the email address for BBAW Customer Service?

Thanks!
    11-18-10 01:32 PM
    OK, after much research this is what I've found...and it works.

Try this sequence:

- Delete the app from your phone that you're having trouble downloading or upgrading from App World
    - Delete App World Mobile from your phone
    - Take out your micro SD card, if you have one (App World sometimes stores data on your SD card)
    - Do a "battery pull" (wait a few minutes to clear all memory, cache...) then restart
    - From the BB Browser install App World Mobile again
    - Use App World Mobile and navigate to your app. You should now be able to download the current version or given the option to purchase and download the latest version - go through all the motions...
    (you should not be charged as you have already purchased the app and BBAW has a record of this)
    - You should now have the latest version installed and be back in business

Hope this helps... it has helped others in the same situation.
    11-19-10 12:07 PM
    I was having the same problem for a couple of weeks. The above information didn't fix the problem for me; however by completing the following steps, the problem resolved itself, and now it is fixed.

Warning: The following procedure will clear any cache data that BlackBerry App World stores on the BlackBerry smartphone and may remove any applications that have been archived to a media card.

For smartphones that use the SureType input method or are equipped with a QWERTY keyboard:

Launch the BlackBerry App World application.
    While pressing and holding the ALT key, type RST.
    For smartphones in the BlackBerry Storm Series, follow these steps:

Launch the BlackBerry App World application.
    Ensure the smartphone is being held in the landscape position.
    Activate the onscreen keyboard.
    Press and hold the "!?123" button until it locks.
    Type the following characters in sequence: 34(
    BlackBerry App World will close automatically and the smartphone may become unresponsive for a few moments while the cache data is cleared. This process may take several seconds, depending on how much storage space is freed. The next time BlackBerry App World is launched, logging into My World using a BlackBerry ID will result in the applications list being refreshed, allowing archived applications to be redownloaded if desired.

04-26-11 08:03 AM
    If you purchased an app with blackberry apworld on the Playbook and it does not show up on your "My World" tab, but does show up here:

https://appworld.blackberry.com
    Under "My World" > "History"

All you have to do is go to Appworld on your Playbook, Click on My World, Click on Refresh List, wait for a few minutes.

Then Search for the app again, not on your list, but in appworld. It should show up with the Reinstall button, and you're good to go!

I hope this helps.
    05-29-13 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD