I updated to the 2.0 app world and now I am coming to a recurring issue. When I try to download a app I get taken to the BB Storefront login page, then the BB Membership Addendum popup and then to the BB ID page (email/change password/change security question) I am irritated right now bc this is my 3rd post and I am literally on RIM trying to troubleshoot it and I am not getting the help in the Native Apps board.
    So far I have done 3 Battery Pulls 2 resets, deleted the app and now I dont know what to do. Someone please help before I end up throwing this Curve into the brick wall

*****FIXED.
    While my arm was in mid motion my wife suggested that I create a pay pal account. After that everything is wonders....but why would I have to set one up just to download a free app? IDK. Stupid isn't it
    Last edited by gogotelz; 08-20-10 at 03:34 AM.
    08-20-10 02:51 AM
    That is odd. All of my downloads have been free with no tie-in to Paypal or any other payment system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 06:24 AM
    I updated to the 2.0 app world and now I am coming to a recurring issue. When I try to download a app I get taken to the BB Storefront login page, then the BB Membership Addendum popup and then to the BB ID page (email/change password/change security question) I am irritated right now bc this is my 3rd post and I am literally on RIM trying to troubleshoot it and I am not getting the help in the Native Apps board.
    So far I have done 3 Battery Pulls 2 resets, deleted the app and now I dont know what to do. Someone please help before I end up throwing this Curve into the brick wall

*****FIXED.
    While my arm was in mid motion my wife suggested that I create a pay pal account. After that everything is wonders....but why would I have to set one up just to download a free app? IDK. Stupid isn't it
    That's because 2.0 now lets EVERYONE in the world buy apps, and RIM had to do some adjustments. 1.0.x would only have free apps in some places. Paid apps would only be available viapaypal. I take it you didn't try choosing credit card when you created your ID??

That is odd. All of my downloads have been free with no tie-in to Paypal or any other payment system.
    Are you running 2.0?
    08-20-10 08:38 AM
    That's because 2.0 now lets EVERYONE in the world buy apps, and RIM had to do some adjustments. 1.0.x would only have free apps in some places. Paid apps would only be available viapaypal. I take it you didn't try choosing credit card when you created your ID??
    Sorry I don't use credit cards
    08-20-10 07:47 PM
    Well, you don't really have to have any to set up a paypal account. Get yourself one and download away.
    08-20-10 08:14 PM
    Well, you don't really have to have any to set up a paypal account. Get yourself one and download away.
    i did as stated in first post....
    08-21-10 12:12 AM
    How about trying to create a new ID?
    08-21-10 08:51 AM
    What if you already have a Pay Pall Account. and still nothing ?? I really don't want to wipe and restore and all that.

Please Help
    09-07-10 08:46 PM
    I just got a new blackberry and have never used one before. I downloaded appworld, and I'm having the same login troubles. After email, password, then it asking me to terms of use agreement, it brings me to account changes where I get stuck. If this is a paypal issue, where can I go to enter a paypal account into my BB ID?
    I have emailed BB, called my service provider, and read a million forums, and no one seems to have an answer for this trouble. No one is even answering on forums.
    09-09-10 11:28 PM
    i have the same problem, i even created a new paypal account but still crap. Same log in problem, everytime i go to the same user account info, i am so sick of this ****, having this problem like 2 months already and wasting so much of money everytime i delete and re-install.
    09-12-10 07:06 AM
    I finally got this issue fixed on my phone!
    I just got a blackberry for the first time weeks ago and was never able to download apps.. made ID from many different emails, deleted appworld and reinstalled it, emailed blackberry, looked on forums, and called service provider. Every time I'd try and download it would bring me to login, then agreement, then stuck on account changes page. I was trying to download an update from blackberry desktop and it wouldn't download and erased my phone so I called my provider, and they needed to wipe it clean and have me download all my blackberry software, after doing this the problem was fixed. I can now use appworld with no problem... nothing else works! call your provider and get them to help you wipe your device (which is a pain b/c you lose all your pics and app's so created a back up for them) then you have a backdoor installer you can find in program files- common files-rim- uploader. My phone has been fine ever since... Hope this helps!
    09-14-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD