What's the deal with this crap? I get the free version real cool, fell in love with the novelty of it since I work at the airport so I pay for the pro version. As soon as I do that it stops working. Says please try again. I deleted it & re added it same issue.

Help me or I'm a have to cuss these developers out
    11-05-11 07:06 AM
    What's the deal with this crap? I get the free version real cool, fell in love with the novelty of it since I work at the airport so I pay for the pro version. As soon as I do that it stops working. Says please try again. I deleted it & re added it same issue.

Help me or I'm a have to cuss these developers out
    I could understand if the application was a necessity, but...
    Why pay for a novelty, when you could have been a bit more patient and received it for free?
    Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions
    I also understand you may be frustrated with your situation, but I don't think anyone can do much for you here with the vague & limited information presented here. You might want to let members know your device, country, carrier, OS, translator version, etc. to see if someone else had the same experience to offer any suggestions.

I would also recommend sending an email to the developer with that same information before posting here first, since they would be the best resource for any assistance regarding their own product. No need to "cuss" in that email either.

Be nice, and see what they have to say first.
    11-05-11 08:32 AM
    Same crap happened to me. Ispeech sent updates all the time. Well the last update would not work until I paid for the upgrade. Screw that. I deleted it and installed a previous version I had from a back up. all good now. Maybe they will get it together and fix it.
    11-05-11 05:52 PM
    I could understand if the application was a necessity, but...
    Why pay for a novelty, when you could have been a bit more patient and received it for free?
    Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions
    I also understand you may be frustrated with your situation, but I don't think anyone can do much for you here with the vague & limited information presented here. You might want to let members know your device, country, carrier, OS, translator version, etc. to see if someone else had the same experience to offer any suggestions.

I would also recommend sending an email to the developer with that same information before posting here first, since they would be the best resource for any assistance regarding their own product. No need to "cuss" in that email either.

Be nice, and see what they have to say first.

Its nothing vague with my post, i have a blackberry bold 9900 and i downloaded the free version from the bbm integrated apps for the ispeech program. I work at jfk airport where a multilingiual app is a benefeit for me at my job. I had the espn radio app and munch app that I paid for on my blackberry bold 9780 that is still unavailable for the bold 9900 so rim refunded me my money. I paid for the pro version of ispeech program. I kid you not, as soon as I pay for the pro version everytime I try to translate the text it says "please try again" every single time. Its ridiculous, soon as you get my money your application STOPS WORKING. RIDICULOUS!
    11-05-11 07:53 PM
    Its nothing vague with my post...
    I have a blackberry bold 9900...
    What I mean by vague is the information regarding your set-up. At least we now know you have a 9900. That's a great start... Helpful answers can only be given with the additional information I mentioned that you have not provided initially or within your profile...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post6778366
    I downloaded the free version from the bbm integrated apps for the ispeech program. I work at jfk airport where a multilingiual app is a benefeit for me at my job.
    I apologize. I was only going by what you posted. I can certainly see how a translator application could be a benefit working at an international airport, but you said you purchased it for a novelty, not a necessity associated with your position.
    I had the espn radio app and munch app that I paid for on my blackberry bold 9780 that is still unavailable for the bold 9900 so rim refunded me my money.
    That's great! Whenever I tried to get a refund from AppWorld in the past it has always been a hassle. I personally felt that they made me jump through hoops to get one. I eventually gave up.
    I paid for the pro version of ispeech program. I kid you not, as soon as I pay for the pro version everytime I try to translate the text it says "please try again" every single time. Its ridiculous, soon as you get my money your application STOPS WORKING. RIDICULOUS!
    Yeah. I think the app should work. Especially paying that high cost for it. That's not good. Have you sent an email to the developer yet? What was the response?
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 11-05-11 at 08:32 PM.
    11-05-11 08:29 PM
    Sent one no reply, I'm a send another one but I should of known. The drivesafe application isn't working for my blackberry bold 9900 either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 10:43 AM
    Ok. Hopefully you will get a reply relatively shortly. Try to be a bit patient. It may take a few days. What I didn't take into consideration when I recommended the email is that the app has become available to millions just recently and they are probably back logged with a ton of emails at the moment. I'm thinking you did the right thing by sending another one.

Yeah. DriveSafe.ly was very cranky on my device as well (9780).
    Ah well... We get what we are given. I am happy for the offer.

Let us know what response you get...
    11-06-11 10:33 PM
    still no help, these guys are crooks!
    11-16-11 11:57 AM
    The iSpeech app killed my device. After a reboot, blammo, 507 error.
    11-16-11 02:54 PM
    I cannot seem to figure out how to prevent iSpeech Translator from loading each time I boot my 9900, and I cannot seem to figure out how to close it altogether from running programs. Clicking Close only sends it to the background...it's still there if I press and hold the BB key.
    11-19-11 11:38 PM
    I downloaded, it made me upgrade for the speech version, and then it stopped working. I wrote them, they asked which version I was using, and then the .48 came out. I upgraded, now text works, but still not able to use speech. They said they are forwarding to their developers to work out a bug. So that's where is was left for me as of yesterday. I think in another week or so, I may ask for a refund if no further progress.
    11-30-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD