Hello,

I have bold 9900 but my isp is blocking the installation of Opera mini

I can download it from market but Opera mini need online installation but it's block

Is there a way to have full offline installation, connect to vpn or any way ???

Thnx
    04-30-13 05:40 PM
    I have bold 9900 but my isp is blocking the installation of Opera mini

I can download it from market but Opera mini need online installation but it's block

Is there a way to have full offline installation, connect to vpn or any way ???

What do you mean "download it from market"? There is nothing called "market" with Blackberry, do you mean "Blackberry World"?

The traditional way to install Opera Mini is point the native browser at m.opera.com and select the appropriate version for your device/OS, it should install directly from there. I don't see how a mobile carrier can block installation of an application after it's already downloaded to the device. How do you install other software?
    04-30-13 06:12 PM
    What do you mean "download it from market"? There is nothing called "market" with Blackberry, do you mean "Blackberry World"?

The traditional way to install Opera Mini is point the native browser at m.opera.com and select the appropriate version for your device/OS, it should install directly from there. I don't see how a mobile carrier can block installation of an application after it's already downloaded to the device. How do you install other software?
    Do you get an error message? What does it say?
    04-30-13 06:13 PM
    Yes I mean the app world

I have successfully downloaded opera mini from app world

But when try to launch the app it tries to install online and after a while I got error message (unable to connect to interner, please check the setting)

Images on attach
    Attached Thumbnails ISP blocking some apps-screencap_1367388584057.png   ISP blocking some apps-munch_2013_05_01_092708.png   ISP blocking some apps-munch_2013_05_01_093039.png  
    05-01-13 03:23 AM
    Up up up up up
    05-02-13 10:54 AM
    Turn off your WiFi and see if it works.....
    I also notice you have no Blackberry icon for connection to BIS next to your "edge" connection (maybe that is normal for a 9900, I have a 9850 so I'm not sure)
    05-02-13 12:19 PM
    On the legacy BBOS platform apps that communicate online have to know about what sort of connection type they will be using to connect to the internet.

IE on my Opera Mini installation on my Bold 9650, under "advanced settings" there is a setting called "Protocol". That's one aspect.

Another could be that you may have downloaded a version that is not compatible with your version of device/OS. Sometimes Blackberry App World / Blackberry World is stupid about that kind of thing.

Which is why I would suggest you try installing it directly from Opera with the link I mentioned previously. There are many different versions of Opera Mini, you have to make sure you have the correct one for your device and/or carrier.
    05-02-13 12:35 PM
    Another possibility is that you did not allow Opera Mini to have the proper permissions to communicate.

You can check this by (I'm using OS 6.0 for this example) going to the System Options, select "Device", then "Application Management", then click "Opera Mini web browser", then click on "Edit Permissions".

If the app never fully installed, that entry might not be there. If that is the case, did it prompt you to allow permissions when you tried to install it? It normally would.
    05-02-13 12:41 PM
    I'm in favorite panel so u can't see all apps.....

To Omnitech...i did everything u suggested to me but still no luck

I got the promot to allow permissions and after trying ur suggestions I allow them all

But no luck either

Still stop at trying to install in-app

What to do ?
    05-02-13 09:19 PM
    What to do ?

Did you try to install it directly from the Opera website via the Blackberry browser? What version did you choose?
    05-03-13 05:47 AM
    I did and chose opera mini 7.1 for blackberry

And 4.4 for blackberry

All have same issue
    05-03-13 10:25 AM
    I did and chose opera mini 7.1 for blackberry

And 4.4 for blackberry

All have same issue

So there was no option to pick exactly which Blackberry or which Blackberry OS you are using?

I may be out of ideas at this point.
    05-03-13 11:46 AM
    So there was no option to pick exactly which Blackberry or which Blackberry OS you are using?

I may be out of ideas at this point.
    No, opera detected my device
    Attached Thumbnails ISP blocking some apps-munch_2013_05_04_004419.png  
    05-03-13 04:47 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. I assume you picked the option that said "Blackberry" at the top...
    05-03-13 05:26 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. I assume you picked the option that said "Blackberry" at the top...
    yes I do ...any suggestions !!!
    05-03-13 08:42 PM