If you do use skype you can find this application very helpful. Make a phone call from you phone to Skype Account

iSkoot | Life on the go.
    Last edited by tadem; 12-03-08 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Revised for ylexot :)
    12-03-08 03:12 PM
    If you do use skype you can find this application very helpful. Make a phone call from you phone.

iSkoot | Life on the go.
    I can already make a phone call from my phone without it!
    12-03-08 03:17 PM
    Hi, i've used iskoot before on my curve.....worked great, but when I got my new Storm I checked out the compatible phones on iskoot and the Storm wasn't listed....how did you download it ???
    12-03-08 04:06 PM
    Does it work with the free voice chat that skype gives you from one user to another?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:17 PM
    Hi, i've used iskoot before on my curve.....worked great, but when I got my new Storm I checked out the compatible phones on iskoot and the Storm wasn't listed....how did you download it ???
    I just tried it -- they have a "BlackBerry" client that works in compatibility mode. Not great, but useable.
    12-03-08 05:12 PM
    Does it work with the free voice chat that skype gives you from one user to another?
    If you initiate the call, it appears to be free -- when you call a skype contact, you dial some number which is the iSkoot service (in the USA), so you're using your minutes, but other than that there's no direct charge.

RECEIVING a skype voice call, however, uses SkypeOut credits, which you have to pay for.
    12-03-08 05:17 PM
    What is skyp??????
    12-03-08 05:59 PM
    What did you use to download it and have it work..do you download the Bold version?
    12-04-08 01:47 PM
    I downloaded it OTA, and if I remember correctly I just selected BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:00 PM
    why would you want to have Skype on your Storm?
    I can see on a WiFi cell enabled phone..
    but... ya.. no sense....
    12-31-08 01:47 AM
    iskoot and ShapeServices version IM+ for Skype, doesn't use wifi even if you did have it.... so it would function the same.

@ Rizor - Skype is like an Voice-dominant instant messenger service that uses Voice Over Internet Protocols which allow you to chat, speak, video call, with people from allllllll over the world for free.

iskoot is an app that takes it mobile, somewhat. ag5bpilot is correct .. if you call one of your skype contacts its free (uses your cell minutes- just call after 9PM) instead of having to pay for international cell phone or landline rates.

i think its cool . and use it every now and then. Skype helps you make friends internationally, iskoot helps you stay in touch, and with the GLOBAL Storm, you can now go visit them, without going thru crackberry withdrawal.. hahahahha
    12-31-08 03:02 AM
    I use skype for "PC to PC" calls to other users in other countries. The problem with me is if I go overseas, ISkoot is useless because I still have to use my minutes rather than with my data plan like the Winmo devices. Anyone know if Skype will create a mobile product for BB?
    12-31-08 03:17 AM
    id like to see a skype app allowing instant messaging as well. i have contacts on there that arent aim or yahoo etc...
    12-31-08 07:31 AM
    why would you want to have Skype on your Storm?
    I can see on a WiFi cell enabled phone..
    but... ya.. no sense....
    I agree with you; on the face, it doesn't seem to add anything obvious. But there are a few advantages.

For me, the important one is that Skype is the primary IM system used at my office. With iSkoot, I can send and receive these IMs from my Storm.

As a secondary feature, if I have to make an international phone call, I could do it for free with iSkoot if the other user is on Skype, or for the cost of skype credits if they're on a normal phone. The business contacts I call oversees all use Skype, so iSkoot lets me call internationally for free. (Well, for the cost of normal airtime minutes, anyway.)

But I need it mostly for the IMs.
    01-01-09 08:37 AM
    It sounds like this is working decently enough for everyone else but not for me.

Whenever I click on iSkoot in the Download folder, the phone reboots. It did it twice.

Any ideas?

Also, how can I drop this into my Instant Messenger folder and not the download folder

Go slow, I'm a complete BB newb
    01-02-09 02:51 AM
    It sounds like this is working decently enough for everyone else but not for me.

Whenever I click on iSkoot in the Download folder, the phone reboots. It did it twice.

Any ideas?

Also, how can I drop this into my Instant Messenger folder and not the download folder

Bump.

Aaaaaaaaaaanybody?
    01-05-09 05:51 PM
    Any other similar programs to iSkoot (like Nimbuzz) that people have used and would like to comment on?

Really looking high and low here for a good VoIP program on teh Storm...but struggling...
    01-14-09 06:24 PM
    hmmm... no replies
    01-14-09 11:26 PM
    Hi guys, I tried several solutions on my storm, Iskoot works just fine for what I intended..for IM. You may try also Nimbuzz, but the intarface is for me less than un-friendly, but that's me..

Anyway, as there is still no Skype or Fring solution on sight for Blackberry, this is as good as it gets, for the moment..
    02-06-09 05:46 PM

Any ideas?

Hello There!!
    I'm a BB newby as well. I have the 9530 Storm and I just downloaded iskoot and it works just fine on my Storm. It signed me into my skype account and everything. You should try deleting it and try again. Once you re-downloaded it then go to your downloads and highlight iSkoot and then click on your BB menu button. There will be an option to move to folder. Thats how you can move it to your IM folder.

Hope this was helpful enough
    02-21-09 11:55 AM
    My Bold 9000 used to stay healthy for up to three days before the dreaded battery drain message. I had someone ask me to join Skype so I thought i'll give iSkoot a go. I had my BB charged fully by 6PM last night and I found it dead drained the next morning at 7:30AM! I figured it must have been iSkoot being logged in (no chat nor voice!!) I have now uninstalled it and my battery seems to be happy again. HMmmmmmmmmm
    02-24-09 04:59 AM
    An update to say BB running since last charge without iSkoot and with heavy messaging usage, the battery is back to normal - pretty much full still. Weird, but I am definitely not going back to iSkoot.
    02-25-09 05:00 AM
    Is there any way to set sounds for IM notifications in iSkoot for Storm ?
    03-27-09 06:59 AM
    I dl'ed iskoot for the storm... simple enough to log in, but I will be uninstalling it (after only 2 hrs of having it on my phone). It seems to (imho) have a terrible memory leak where I had to do a physical battery pull (I was locked out of my phone with patternlock, and the phone was so slow, it did not recognize my inputs to pattern lock, no matter how long I waited).

I am inherently annoyed with this application, as it is not a VOIP protocol on the storm (or BB) side, but rather, just a number to call. I don't call internationally, and the fact that you have to use minutes to talk to people, when you could just directly dial them, seems assinine.

Just my $0.0212 ($0.02 + 6% sales tax).

Cheers,
    B.D.
    04-26-09 08:30 AM
    ok so the iskoot works great with those phones with a wifi but the storm has a unlimited internet would it work if for skype free calls? i havent used it and im on the international plan witch makes ma internret unlimited everywhere
    06-13-09 10:56 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD