Searched for hours last night and came up empty, there was one client recently updated and said to work but it doesn't. Any one know a client os5 compatible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 10:44 AM
    go to the official jmirc homepage and download the beta for blackberry. This works on the LATEST 5.0 updates. (I'm running 5.0.0.654)
    05-07-10 02:29 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.509 so it won't work? Cause that's the site I tried out, maybe I'm messing something up with the settings, thanks for the response.

05-07-10 02:33 PM
    I'm thinking you downloaded the wrong version. You also have to set your connection to BIS when you set it up in options.

Those who own a BlackBerry device, I recommend to check out the beta version of jmIrc at http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad which has some BlackBerry specific options. For example you should be now able to connect through WiFi or BES/MDS from the advanced settings. Reportedly also users that need a BIS connection might have better connectivity with the new BlackBerry connection mode. I hope this will help those users who have had connection problems before. Also if you want to support jmIrc development, please consider donating!
    It should work fine on 5.0.0.509
    05-07-10 04:00 PM
    Ah ok I will try this asap! Thnx I hope it works!

05-07-10 04:03 PM
    Wow I love you. =D you were right I was dl the wrong version. Thanks a lot!!!!!!

05-07-10 04:13 PM
    I'm glad I could be of service. I know there are a lot of people with BlackBerry's that love IRC and have always used it, but have difficulties getting some java IRC applications to run correctly. I'm happy to see that the original creator of jmirc has decided to step it up and create a BlackBerry (beta) version.
    05-07-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD