I just saw a commercial for the i phone with new apps. Most of the time they are available to the storm, but the one that i saw that i want was a compass. I thought that it was awesome. Anyone coming out with this soon? And another thing. Why is BB coping all these apps? They should be thinking of new apps and try to stay ahead of apple. IMO
    04-11-09 11:10 AM
    I seen the same commercial and i believe they should do what they can to stay ahead of the game. I mean yeah the iphone has been out for 3 yrs now but they still cant even send or receive mms.So in that matter the Storm is still better then the iphone Blackberry people just need to gain some ground and create more apps quicker.
    04-11-09 11:21 AM
    You want original apps after asking a iPhone app copy ? :}

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 11:44 AM
    I want this I phone app but I just wish bb would stop copying apple. Lmao

04-11-09 11:51 AM
    U do realize 3rd party developers and not bb(which is rim) or even apple make these apps. Also their is no point for havin a compass when u have google map since you most likely need GPS on the app. Almost all of the app on apple has been for Symbian, window mobile or even Blackberries for ages. Apple just have great marketing to make people think that the iphone is the only phone that has thousands of apps.
    Last edited by victorythagr8; 04-11-09 at 12:03 PM.
    04-11-09 11:57 AM
    Bb maps has a compass in it it tells you what direction your headed

04-11-09 02:17 PM
    If ur lost use the Fu(king phone to call!!! Anyways...... I still want it

04-11-09 02:37 PM
    Isn't the "compass" app the safari web browser? Lolz

04-11-09 02:39 PM
    I would also like a compass... I need it for work when looking satellite direction in case I lose my real compass...

04-11-09 02:54 PM
    The app GPSed has a compass. Check it out. You have to have some movement for the GPS to figure out which way you are moving but its alwats worked pretty good for me.

04-11-09 05:29 PM
    VZ Navigator tells you which direction you are facing too.
    04-11-09 08:49 PM
    I agree, i need a Compass app.
    04-11-09 08:59 PM
    a compass app would be nice to have it doesnt have to be like the iphone app!
    04-11-09 09:01 PM
    A compass would be a good addition to the storm library of apps. Some people may not find it useful right now but you never know when you need a compass.

04-11-09 09:50 PM
    Isn't the "compass" app the safari web browser? Lolz

hahahahaha
    04-11-09 09:59 PM
    I have my old boyscout watch that has a compass in it if you want it. If you like every app for the iphone than get an iphone. Also, how are you going to fit all this apps on your BB without posting later that your memory is leaking?
    04-11-09 10:01 PM
    BeGPS one is free at appworld and offers a lot more function than a compass. It doesn't look like an actual compass, but if u want a wasteful app that spends resources trying to look pretty instead of doing the job right, youi'll need an iphone.

04-12-09 01:23 AM
    Oh I'm sorry for asking a question. I don't see anyone busting the guy who asked for the lightsaber or sex dice. If i didn't already get sucked into a two year contract at ****ty verizon I would get an I phone. What the **** do Canadians know about building phone. If all of you that posted on here would like to connect with me through Google latitude let me know. Cause I would love to hunt you don't some day. All of you can go **** yourself. Assholes. This is why I cant stand this forum.
    04-12-09 06:12 AM
    Oh I'm sorry for asking a question. I don't see anyone busting the guy who asked for the lightsaber or sex dice. If i didn't already get sucked into a two year contract at ****ty verizon I would get an I phone. What the **** do Canadians know about building phone. If all of you that posted on here would like to connect with me through Google latitude let me know. Cause I would love to hunt you don't some day. All of you can go **** yourself. Assholes. This is why I cant stand this forum.
    #1 It is a web forum. People are braver and say things on the internet that they would never thing of saying in real life.

#2 The Canadians have been building phones now for quite a while. I think that they know a thing or 2.

#3 This app would be completely misunderstood. In order for this phone or even the iphone to give you direction that you are facing they would have to either a have a magnetic compass built in as hardware or b you will have to be moving so that the GPS will be able to figure out which way you are walking and interpret that as the direction that you are facing. Since option a is not in the specs for either phone you are stuck with option b. What happens then is people download it and start the app and say oh look I am facing south when in reality it is 7 am and the sun is to their right which means they are really facing north.

and finally this brings me to #4 If you can't stand this forum QUIT READING IT.
    04-12-09 06:27 AM
    I think i heard that the new iPhones/iTouches have a "magenometer" in them.....to be able to sense North
    04-12-09 06:44 AM
    I think i heard that the new iPhones/iTouches have a "magenometer" in them.....to be able to sense North
    Not according to these specs:Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications
    04-12-09 06:51 AM
    all we saying is that there is no point of getting a compass(especially when it is using your gps) when you got other free GPS enable app that actually show where you located at.
    04-12-09 09:08 AM
    Do a search here or on google for blackstar. It is exactly what you're looking for. Rotating compass face and all.
    It is a geocaching app which has compass features as well.

Last edited by mightybrick; 04-12-09 at 09:13 AM.
    04-12-09 09:10 AM
    GPSLogger has a nice rotating compass. You may be able to dig up a copy. Not sure why it was taken offline, but it works great. Bb.emacf1.com

04-12-09 09:16 AM
    I don't want anymore of these useless apps. Quit asking dev's to make them. I want useful apps that make my life easier and more entertaining. Not some overpriced piece of crap like a level or compass that I'll use for 2 minutes then delete.
    04-12-09 09:50 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD