My app is in open beta right now. You can use it to spy or track whereabouts of your family members, your employees, your cars, or your lost/stolen blackberry. To download, go to FollowMee - Download. Take advantage of this opportunity to get 30 days retention period of online monitor service for beta tester. Here is the details of the app.

FollowMee GPS Tracker tracks location of a smartphone. It records its location (GPS, WiFi, or Cellular) periodically and uploads to our secured server automatically. Current and past location is available for viewing on our web site. This app runs in background. Once started, it runs by itself and it does not require any user interaction. By using this app, you can track or spy your children, your spouse, or other family members. In additions, you can use it to track your lost smartphone.

Features

* Location is captured at a configured interval. You can also set up scheduled tracking
    * The app runs in the background. It continues to run even after the device restarts
    * Location data is uploaded to our secured servers automatically. When internet is temporarily unavailable, location data is cached in the phone. It resumes uploading when internet becomes available again
    * Car profile - Enable a fulltime tracking device for your car (Blackberry)
    * Very little data consumption. Work with or without data plan
    * Light weight and low power consumption
    * Security - data is encrypted before uploaded
    * Privacy - only yourself can access to your location information
    * Free location viewing service. Viewing period of past 3 days for free app, past 30 days for paid users

Use Cases

* Track your son, daughter, husband, wife, or other family members
    * Monitor whereabouts of your older family members who can get lost easily
    * Track your car, or your fleet
    * Track your route of running, hiking, or travelling
    * Track your lost smartphone
    * Track anything that you can put a smartphone in

Supported Phones

* Apple iPhone (avaible in Apple AppStore)
    * Blackberry (With build-in GPS and Blackberry Device Software v4.2 or higher)

Web Site
    FollowMee - Home
    Last edited by followmee; 01-20-11 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Correction
    01-20-11 10:38 AM
    And let the legal discussion begin...
    01-20-11 02:04 PM
    And let the legal discussion begin...
    You might be able to pay off your tuition with a few of these cases.

Your Honor, I was NOT intentionally trying to spy on my wife...
    01-20-11 02:12 PM
    Lol, just so people know, illegally intercepting wire communications (which may or may not include cell phones) is a federal offense that can land you a $1,000 per offense bill.
    01-20-11 05:00 PM
    Federal offense? Serious? Count me in then... But only if Eric Holder is the prosecutor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 06:10 PM
    Forget the legality talk, does anyone know if this app even works?

01-20-11 06:48 PM
    Definitely not legal where I live.
    01-20-11 07:58 PM
    Most likely prosecution scenario would be under the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, if it involved interstate transactions - and a successful prosecution would involve one party installing the app on another party's phone without permission. That would probably satisfy the 'unauthorized access' prong. And it would probably take a high profile case to catch the eye and interest of federal prosecutors.

I believe all states have adopted their own version of the CFAA to deal with cracking and other illegal activities involving computers. Those laws would cover the more common scenario of parties engaging in this sort of activity within a single state.

Realistically though, this app has practical uses - as listed in the description - as well as, uh, more nefarious possible uses - unfortunately also listed in the description.

I don't see where this would involve interception of wire communications - the facts don't support it.

Yes, I'm a lawyer. No, I am not *your* lawyer. Not unless we sign something together. And you pay me.
    01-20-11 08:57 PM
    Forget the legality talk......
    ***SNORE***
    I agree. This happens every time someone posts about an app like this. Who cares.... It just makes everything boring, and what will starting a legal debate do to stop the developer???

Anyway... To the OP. I don't know why the word "Spy" has to be involved in the description. It is a simple GPS tracking software. Did you use the word to garnish interest? If so, this is what you get. I dont think Shane and others would have even entertained the thought of legality if you didn't mention this inflamatory aspect (of which shows your thinking process/point of view).

As far as consumers being attracted to the word "Spy", you're either going to get people who say it's illegal, or people who are shady, thinking they can use it in a not-so-honorable manner.

What is the difference between this and the many GPS locator apps out there? What makes it better than SmrtGuard, or Where Are You, SimplyGPS, or the hundreds of others out there? I don't see people tossing the word "Spy" around the way you do. You dont even mention remote listening, which would more than likely fall into the "Spy" category if anything else.
    01-20-11 09:39 PM
    I feel kinda dumb - somehow I thought this app intercepted calls.

Brad's right tho. Personally, I use BuddyGuard Pro - good app if you ever need a gps lock.

01-20-11 09:43 PM
    I feel kinda dumb - somehow I thought this app intercepted calls.

Brad's right tho. Personally, I use BuddyGuard Pro - good app if you ever need a gps lock.

Yep. I see no advantage for this over BuddyGuard Pro, or SmrtGuard which I use.

I just dont know why the OP uses "Spy" in the description. Totally not needed. He gets the reaction he gets from law abiding citizens doing that.
    01-20-11 09:51 PM
    If you read the description, the app is not what you described.

This app has its own use. For parents, it can be used for tracking their children. Like the t-mobile FamilyWhere (T-Mobile intros DriveSmart Plus service to block texting while driving, FamilyWhere to track down your kids -- Engadget) but without paying a monthly $10 fee. For car owners, a unused blackberry can find its new use by becoming a dedicated tracking device.
    01-20-11 09:52 PM
    If you read the description, the app is not what you described.

This app has its own use. For parents, it can be used for tracking their children. Like the t-mobile FamilyWhere (T-Mobile intros DriveSmart Plus service to block texting while driving, FamilyWhere to track down your kids -- Engadget) but without paying a monthly $10 fee. For car owners, a unused blackberry can find its new use by becoming a dedicated tracking device.
    lol. like I stated. It is a simple GPS location tracking software. Without the bells and whistles that other GPS tracking apps have. I can do everything you speak of with SmrtGuard, and more....
    01-20-11 09:58 PM
    Yep. I see no advantage for this over BuddyGuard Pro, or SmrtGuard which I use.

I just dont know why the OP uses "Spy" in the description. Totally not needed. He gets the reaction he gets from law abiding citizens doing that.
    Spy has been removed from the title. Sorry for the confusion.
    01-20-11 10:03 PM
    The good thing about this app is its light weight, easy to use, little data usage, and not draining your battery. It only focus on one thing - tracking, and it does it reliably. If you don't want a big elephant in your phone, FollowMee is just right for you.
    01-20-11 10:55 PM
    Lol, it still says spy I'd say "can be used to locate a lost, stolen, or missing BlackBerry belonging to you, an employee, or a family member" - but that's just me.
    01-21-11 12:37 AM
    I have changed the title to remove spy but the listing title still sticks. Don't know why
    01-22-11 10:22 AM
    does this app work with os 6.0?
    01-22-11 11:35 AM
    I have bought the standard version to see how it works on my phone when I go out on my bike. Motorcycling is a somewhat dangerous hobbie. My aim is that if I have some mishap and get knocked unconscious, or get separated from my bike/phone, my whereabouts can still be checked by someone at home.
    08-21-13 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD