ok so i have druglord wars 1 paid for and i upgraded to druglord wars 2 and its still druglord wars 1 except i says that i downloaded and installed druglord wars 2 but its the exact same game no access to the new features even tried uninstalling and reinstalling druglord wars 2 and no progress any ideas?
    04-15-10 06:37 AM
    The real 'what the f' is how you emailed me on Saturday for an app released Sunday

As you can imagine, we have been flooded with hundreds of emails and are doing our best to reply. If you sent an email yesterday, we have responded to each and every one (I checked personally). Please check your spam folders.

Auto-registration should work for anyone who purchased it using the PIN of their current device. If you purchased it using another PIN, you will need to change your PIN with MobiHand/AppWorld and get a new code.

ah was in spam...

thanks epic.... but...auto-register still didn't work.
    04-15-10 04:50 PM
    Just curious if 2 things made it into this version:
    1. Improved highlight/focus of selected "buttons"
    2. Staying at same point in list after each purchase or sale

I was wondering about this last part with the previous version being supported.
    When you download the new one, does it overwrite the previous? Would just be nice to make sure I like the new one before the game I currently love is wiped from my device.

Also, are the High Scores leader boards separate for new & old version?
    Bump!

Come on Epic, these are good questions!

I'm just kidding with the attitude, but I really would love to see your responses when you have the chance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 07:37 PM
    Epic appears to have faded away for the moment (maybe the Thugs or Mafia nailed him) to answer some of your questions, no, you do not stay at the same point after making a sale or purchase. It's annoying, but tolerable.

I can't say for sure if there's any improvement on what button you're highlighting, in some areas, I think so, but in others, it appears to be the same. This being said, I'm glad I made the upgrade, it was well worth it and the game is, once again, great play.

Bump!

Come on Epic, these are good questions!

I'm just kidding with the attitude, but I really would love to see your responses when you have the chance.

04-16-10 07:44 PM
    ok so i have druglord wars 1 paid for and i upgraded to druglord wars 2 and its still druglord wars 1 except i says that i downloaded and installed druglord wars 2 but its the exact same game no access to the new features even tried uninstalling and reinstalling druglord wars 2 and no progress any ideas?
    I have this exact problem. I have a 9700 and I bought it using the upgrade option using BB app world. It downloaded and installed. But there was no sign of it just the old game. Nothing in the download directory. So I delete it using app world. Battery pulled and the old game was now gone. Now app world says druglord wars 2 uninstalled. I install again. It says installing 2.6mb gets a third through thje download gets stuck then flashes to a full status bar and says druglord wars 2 installed. Go to the download folder. Not there. Go to the games folder druglord wars 1 is back. Play it and its still druglord wars 1. I don't undetstand. Is app world pointing to the wrong file or something. It says I downloaded DLW2 but its DLW1 I'm getting. Please help. No responce from my support request emails.

04-20-10 12:21 PM
    Just curious if 2 things made it into this version:
    1. Improved highlight/focus of selected "buttons"
    2. Staying at same point in list after each purchase or sale

I was wondering about this last part with the previous version being supported.
    When you download the new one, does it overwrite the previous? Would just be nice to make sure I like the new one before the game I currently love is wiped from my device.

Also, are the High Scores leader boards separate for new & old version?

1. No, this change was not made.
    2. I tried and tried, but there is a bug in the way the OS handles this. When I change the text on the list item, it leads to weird behavior unless I return to the 1st item every time.

It does NOT overwrite the previous version.

The high score board is currently not separate, but given the difference in difficulty I may change this (each score already reports the version, so your existing scores will be fine!)
    04-20-10 09:36 PM
    Has everyone received their registration code, yet? I bought it last night, and still have not received anything. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. BTW: I bought it through Mobihand.
    Looks like for a while Mobihand wasnt accepting PINs, so keys were incorrect. If you don't have a key, go into your Mobihand account and try to regenerate one. If it doesn't work, drop our support team an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If it has been a while, please check your spam folder.
    04-20-10 09:37 PM
    Definitely odd, where did you buy it from? Generally, this is an issue the store has to solve since they are the ones giving you the wrong version.
    04-20-10 09:38 PM
    Epic appears to have faded away for the moment (maybe the Thugs or Mafia nailed him) to answer some of your questions
    If you want to see what has been keeping me busy, sign up at Epic Applications • Index page
    04-20-10 09:40 PM
    1. No, this change was not made.
    2. I tried and tried, but there is a bug in the way the OS handles this. When I change the text on the list item, it leads to weird behavior unless I return to the 1st item every time.
    Too bad about the highlight. Would really a bit more contrast if there's a revision released.

I appreciate the effort on the same-line issue.
    What if instead of the same line or the top line, the highlight went to the next line?
    And if there is no text change, can it stay there? Like I've got Ecstasy highlighted 2/3 down the list and press "i" to see my inventory. When I leave the inventory (or Loans, Store, etc) can I come back to the same line?

Sorry to nitpick!

I'm up to 23.5 million in my game right now. Hoping to get a score back in the Top 25�

04-24-10 09:02 PM
    Sorry for the long delay. We tried everything with the line selection, and what we put in was the best that we found possible.

Good job on the top score...although with today's scoreboard, that won't get you very far
    08-03-10 11:06 PM
    Hey, is there any way for me to get drug wars 1 back? I have 2 (got it as an upgrade cuz i got 1 a few weeks before 2 came out) and I'd live to have 1 as well.
    08-03-10 11:55 PM
    Sorry for the long delay. We tried everything with the line selection, and what we put in was the best that we found possible.

Good job on the top score...although with today's scoreboard, that won't get you very far
    Thanks for the answer!

I got that game to over 250,000,000 which was #11 or so at the time. But it's long gone now�

I was afraid to save and lose it. How does the saving work? Does it survive a reboot / battery pull? Probably doesn't survive an OS upgrade, I assume� or would it?

08-08-10 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the answer!

I got that game to over 250,000,000 which was #11 or so at the time. But it's long gone now�

I was afraid to save and lose it. How does the saving work? Does it survive a reboot / battery pull? Probably doesn't survive an OS upgrade, I assume� or would it?

It will survive restarts but not OS upgrades.
    08-08-10 09:54 PM
    For future versions, maybe change this to save to the sd card, so a game could be restored even after changing OS. Wouldn't this be the same as apps where settings are saved to sd card, like QuickLaunch, BerryWeather, LeaveItOn, Wallpaper Changer, etc?

08-09-10 12:52 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD