I was thumbing through my apps and had to adjust my permissions for UberTwitter that got jacked up so I could tweet. In the process I thought that maybe a permissions thing could be causing myself and a boatload of others not to be getting FB notifications. If you look, the FB application doesn't come up on the list to adjust permissions. Anyone have any idea why?
    08-26-09 11:39 PM
    Well there are at least 4 confirmed email providers who are not sending along notification messages(treating them as spam) that might be another reason y u arent getting notifications
    08-26-09 11:55 PM
    I set my facebook messages to use my @*carrier*.blackberry.com e-mail address... Instant notifications..
    08-27-09 12:15 AM
    Thanks fiyota...will try that
    08-27-09 07:15 AM
    I set my facebook messages to use my @*carrier*.blackberry.com e-mail address... Instant notifications..
    Me too. And since the FB app seems to intercept these, they never end up in my Messages inbox. Very nice.
    08-27-09 09:03 AM
    Me too. And since the FB app seems to intercept these, they never end up in my Messages inbox. Very nice.
    Facebook App will delete the original email so your inbox doesn't get cluttered. i think you can change that in the Facebook app's options
    08-27-09 09:11 AM
    Yeah I did that also since there were so many problems.
    08-27-09 11:42 AM
    Well there are at least 4 confirmed email providers who are not sending along notification messages(treating them as spam) that might be another reason y u arent getting notifications
    A few months back, a spammer was using the facebook notification address to send out boatloads of spam, which is why those messages are sometimes treated as spam.
    08-27-09 11:49 AM
    OP, did you update your PIN when you changed over to the Tour?
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html/
    and click "Change Device"

there, update your pin and ESN and everything will come through as it should.

I just got a tour and when i called vzw yesterday to update my PIN there was an eerie silence on the other end, so i just hung up and did it myself.
    08-27-09 12:58 PM
    how did you guys change the email setting in FB?
    08-27-09 01:17 PM
    why do my f book notifications show up about ten minutes later then they should??
    08-27-09 02:41 PM
    go to options inside the app, then setup wizard
    08-27-09 02:47 PM
    anyone pleez!!!!
    08-27-09 02:55 PM
    go to options inside the app, then setup wizard
    I just unchecked the box in options and i think its good. we will see
    08-27-09 03:09 PM
    @Fiyota
    THANKS A MILLION! I changed my FB email contact to [username]@sprint.blackberry.net and FB notifications are working flawlessly!
    08-28-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD