I do apologise if this is something that everyon else knew, but I recently found something interesting when using FB on .167. Now I was always told that to zoom on the storm, it would always be a "tap" motion, so the "pinch in/out" option would never be... however when browsing through some friends pictures on the Facebook app, i discovered this not to be true.
    Ok it wasnt "full" pinch in/out, but you could select a section of the picture using the "pinch" action which would select a square of that picture (defined by your pinch action), and with one click of the zoom, would make the selected area of the picture full screen.

Could this be a glipse of new possibilities on the storm? Or have I just been a complete n00b retartd and just never paid attention when browsing pictures on FB before...
    Last edited by Grangey.; 09-07-09 at 12:16 PM.
    09-07-09 12:13 PM
    It's a feature on the latest Facebook version and not Storm OS related at least in 4.7 OS, not sure about 5.X.X OS.
    09-07-09 12:34 PM
    Pretty sure its just facebook ... I don't seem to be able to do it in the media with .191.
    09-07-09 02:24 PM
    Yea this is just a Facebook App feature, I believe it was introduced in version 1.6. None of the leaked versions have this, but since RIM develops the Facebook app maybe we will see it in the OS sometime in the future.
    09-07-09 03:20 PM
    The main "feature"(sarcasm) I have found with the Facebook app is a huge-a** memory leak...
    09-07-09 11:56 PM
    Yea this is just a Facebook App feature, I believe it was introduced in version 1.6. None of the leaked versions have this, but since RIM develops the Facebook app maybe we will see it in the OS sometime in the future.
    I was just thinking the same who knows if someday on the 5.0 builds we will see this implemented with media or possibly web browser but with much better sensitivity.

09-08-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD