Well I've been doing much experimentation with this app, and I have to say the original review pretty much sums it up. You can load and unload cod/alx files as opposed to using media "explorer" to load jad files and use options_advanced options_applications_delete.

Yup nothing more than the OS can already do. Just before hanging it up and soon to update my review I just wondered if Aerize could load itself? Seemed straight forward enough. So I tried it. And it works.

I went back thru options and deleted the second instance leaving just the Aerize loaded version. You can't delete Aerize first or you won't have the app to load with so you can do it this way (with any app) but two listings (not necessarily exactly the same name) will show up in the apps list. The one loaded last is on top.

Anyway here's my BIG discovery. As soon as I did this my memory is holding like a rock near boot level without falling! Really. I've only dropped 0.2 Mb since boot for the last two hours and that is very unusual. It's like it put a cork in my SVRAM. Not sure what's going on here but I'm lovin it and I hate McDonalds. Keep you posted...

Update:

After 8 hrs up time I've only dropped 0.4 Mb! This is really impressive. I wonder what's going on here? Could this be a means by which to achieve SRAM leak stability on a RIM device with too many apps or too low system memory or too many handles? I need some more players feedback to find out. What's your data suggest?

Update:

I knew it was too good to be true. By the time I arrived at work my memory was as typical. Somehow doing what I did must make the memory feedback from the OS erroneous for some period of time until something forcibly updates, then its all in plain view. My memory is leaking at the usual rate. Damn. I really thought I might be onto something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elfaure; 05-12-09 at 01:03 PM.
    05-12-09 01:40 AM
    Moved to BlackBerry Apps
    05-12-09 02:18 AM
    Sorry, but could you point me to whatever thread you're updating? I was talking about it in your review thread with you, and you had me convinced to try it because it does things batter than the device can do by itself... I was actually about to insall and try it tomorrow (which I may still do). Now you've decided it's not doing anything you can't do without it?

I will go through your thread and read everything you wrote, but it doesn't look like the thread I'm talking about has been updated since we last talked on the 6th... is there another one I'm missing?
    05-12-09 02:51 AM
    Sorry, but could you point me to whatever thread you're updating? I was talking about it in your review thread with you, and you had me convinced to try it because it does things batter than the device can do by itself... I was actually about to install and try it tomorrow (which I may still do). Now you've decided it's not doing anything you can't do without it?

I will go through your thread and read everything you wrote, but it doesn't look like the thread I'm talking about has been updated since we last talked on the 6th... is there another one I'm missing?
    That's the same one DB. It has not been updated. I wanted to separate this new find and bring it up to the top as a new post. I just haven't updated my 2nd review post with this info or my final conclusions.

As far as the "hooks" I was talking about, that's where I think I was mistaken similar to Pete's initial interpretation in the original Aerize loader review that did the discovery and tested claims thread that got me started on testing this app. There are no hooks. It just loads into memory from the SD card. Nothing fancy and nothing new.

I still recommend you play with it and come to you own conclusions.
    ---------------------------

Read this:

It doesn't save memory less the strange discovery I just made posted here at the bottom of my leading post. After 7 hrs up time I've only dropped 0.3 Mb since boot!

I can't explain it but it's holding. Very very interesting. If for no other use but to store and run apps not needing persistent user specific data this app corked my SVRAM memory leak when I used it to load itself. Very very interesting. This function alone is worth having the app installed. I will drag a link from that post to this later today.

05-12-09 09:06 AM
    Cool, thank you for the feedback. I definitely decided you were right in the other thread, I can't very well bash something I've never tried, but I have a feeling I'll wind up sticking with a roll-my-own-installer approach, especially since I don't really use a huge number of 3rd party apps anyway. Still nice to play with from the standpoint of someone who's still teaching himself about the way BB apps and files work. Thanks again. I'll check it out with I have enough time to really dig into it.

05-12-09 09:54 AM
    Cool, thank you for the feedback. I definitely decided you were right in the other thread, I can't very well bash something I've never tried, but I have a feeling I'll wind up sticking with a roll-my-own-installer approach, especially since I don't really use a huge number of 3rd party apps anyway. Still nice to play with from the standpoint of someone who's still teaching himself about the way BB apps and files work. Thanks again. I'll check it out with I have enough time to really dig into it.

A word of warning. If you use or play with the app, be careful. It can do screwy things and lead to a highly UNstable system. Do not use the Aerize unload feature. It is unreliable. Rather use Options_Adv Options_Apps and unload (delete) them and then use Aerize to load them.

If your app fails to run after loading you might want to unpack the main .cod file and look for nested .cod files (like MemoryUp Pro V3.0 has name.cod and inside that cod is another cod file called name-1.cod). You have to load them one at a time or put them all in one subfolder in the "loader" directory and load them as a group like OTA saves are packaged.

Not knowing this I was somehow able (Aerize flaw) to load V3 of memoryup-1.cod (module) paired with V2.7 of memoryup.cod (app) and it ran but leaked memory and still showed me the old icon. This was my clue. BEWARE.

05-15-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD