I have been using Intelligolf for about 10 years going right back to a Palm Tungsten. I now have it on BB and have been running the Eagle Edition for about 18 months. I recently upgraded to BB OS 5.0 and purchased a new computer running 64 bit Windows 7. I now cannot sych between the desktop program and the BB.

Intelligolf no longer has e mail tech support. Tech support now consists of one page which has a couple of tutorials and then suggests if they don't work, the program may not work with your phone.

Does anyone know what happened to what was excellent e mail tech support? If they have dropped tech support does this mean they are in financial trouble?
    01-26-10 06:22 AM
    I have been using Intelligolf for about 10 years going right back to a Palm Tungsten. I now have it on BB and have been running the Eagle Edition for about 18 months. I recently upgraded to BB OS 5.0 and purchased a new computer running 64 bit Windows 7. I now cannot sych between the desktop program and the BB.

Intelligolf no longer has e mail tech support. Tech support now consists of one page which has a couple of tutorials and then suggests if they don't work, the program may not work with your phone.

Does anyone know what happened to what was excellent e mail tech support? If they have dropped tech support does this mean they are in financial trouble?
    Hi there:

same problem here:

I have two BB Storm. I installed this software Version 9,24 on my two devices running 5.0.0.451 and non of them are able to sync.

I downgraded one of my BB Storm to 4.0.0.151 and it was working perfectly....

This means monst probably Intelligolf does not support 5.0 OS....

I have writen to support and I do not have any answer, but I think this is not going to be something easy to be solve

Here you have the email address fro suport:

[email protected]
    They are always answering me on the same day

Kindly ask you to start a claim as I did in order to put some pressure over

Please keep us posting of Intelligolf�s answer

Cheers

Lemmon
    01-31-10 01:49 PM
    Thanks Lemmon. I will try using the support e mail address but in the past I have used the website support. There is absolutely no contact information on the website any more. I received no response to the comment I left at the website. I suspect that there is a real problem with Intelligolf. I cannot remember ever dealing with a software company that had absolutely no way to contact the support personnel. I have seen some that required you to pay to contact them but not this.
    02-01-10 08:37 PM
    Thanks Lemmon. I will try using the support e mail address but in the past I have used the website support. There is absolutely no contact information on the website any more. I received no response to the comment I left at the website. I suspect that there is a real problem with Intelligolf. I cannot remember ever dealing with a software company that had absolutely no way to contact the support personnel. I have seen some that required you to pay to contact them but not this.
    Hi s-Moore22:

This is the latest inforamtion ( not very promissing) I have got from Itelligolf support today

Hello

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, if you search the web (see the Cons at Official Blackberry Storm 9530 OS Version 5.0.0.328 For Verizon Wireless � Berry Storm ), you will find that RIM is notorious for shipping new "major" releases that "initially" break things that previously worked in their stable (older) release. Then, they start the process of shipping updated "point" releases to fix the newly introduced problems. I'll bet that is what happened with their latest version 5.0.0 release (i.e. brand new). We'll keep an eye on this and see if other folks start reporting this too. To date, your email is the only email that we have received on this new version. I'll add your name and email address to our notification list :-).

Thanks again for the update.

Best wishes,

And the right email address for support is [email protected]. Use that one

Please post your comments

Lemmon
    02-02-10 11:57 AM
    Got same issue. Thanks for the the email address, will try!
    02-02-10 02:08 PM
    I think so. They may in big trouble.
    02-02-10 11:38 PM
    Hi guys,

I spoke with the folks at IntelliGolf today, as I have known many of them for my 10+ years of using the IntelliGolf software, and all seems OK. But, there are some changes in the works regarding Support. The person that I spoke with explained to me, and as most of us know, that they have been offering a very high level of interactive technical support for years. As it turns out, we've actually all been communicating directly with their engineers (i.e. not tech support chronies). So, that would explain why we've always been getting reliable answers. While that has been great for us, they've found that in the vast majority of their Support cases, folks don't take the time to read their Top 10 Q&As, FAQs, and/or install their latest upgrades "before" submitting a Support Request. The person that I spoke with claimed that "over 90% of their support time" is spent walking folks through the same "three steps" that are now listed on their Support web page. Truthfully, he sounded a little frustrated with this fact as that is very expensive time... As such, they have pulled their engineers back into engineering to do engineering (i.e. not support) in favor of ensuring that their FAQs, Top 10 Q&As, and On-line Tours are up to date.

Next, I spoke with him directly about RIM's latest 5.0.0 OS release for the Storm and the sync problems that we're facing. He said that they have already submitted a bug report to RIM on this issue as all was working fine with RIM's previous version 4.x release (as we all know now). He gently suggested that we do the same. He admitted that this issue was recently brought to his attention after they received a few emails on the same. While this still doesn't solve the RIM 5.0.0 issue, at least they are aware of it. But, I wouldn't hold out hope that they are going to address this in the IntelliGolf software (at least for now) as it sounds like they believe that this is an issue that RIM needs to fix in their version 5.x software for the Storm. He explained that if they provided a workaround/patch, then once RIM fixed this issue, everything would break again. That wasn't really the answer that I was looking for... but I can understand his point. He said that they have already updated their Top 10 Q&A on RIM device compatibilty (reached via the Support page) for the Storm to discuss this v5.0.0 issue. The only solution for now is to downgrade back to RIM's version 4.x software until RIM fixes version 5.x for the Storm. Apparently, no other BB devices are exhibiting this sync problem with the IntelliGolf software. So, they are very relucatant to start messing around with IntelliGolf's sync capabilities.

Lastly, I talked with him about not having any visible/easy way to contact Support on their web site anymore. He explained that they are still deciding on how to handle this in the future. For years, they've had their Top 10 Q&As, FAQs, and software updates available for folks to download "before" contacting Support. Yet, +90% of the time folks hit the "send" button before ever reading/trying these items first. So, the "send" (i.e. submit) button has been removed for now. It sounds like they are trying to figure out the balance between self-help, on-line help, forum help, and/or other solutions during these Winter months. The good news is that he was clearly listening to my comments. So, that's what I found out...

Ted
    02-04-10 10:26 AM
    I own a Bold and I am having the Synch problem. I sent an e mail to Handango as I purchased the program through it. They advised me that Intelligolf pulled the product from Handango. I am still a little concerned about Intelligolf going forward. In any event, I really don't want to downgrade to OS 4.6. I can't golf in Toronto until mid-April at the earliest so hopefully everything will be fixed by then.
    02-04-10 07:10 PM
    There is an interesting post on LinkedIn on Handango in that AppStore discussion group at discussionID=10177609&gid=1886266. It reads:

-------------
    Is Handango a Sinking Titanic?

Hi,

Handango is in deep financial crisis, they have no money to pay developers their royalties and are desperately looking for more investors but that is unlikely to happen. I am aware of many independent software producers who have not been full paid or paid at all in the last 6 months. Handango is playing tricks with payments, royalty reports and discounts to delay its death. If Handango owns you money I would suggest you to run away while you still can! Handango is a sinking Titanic.

My company did not receive royalties for the last quarter. We decided to stop selling application using this distributor. We did not get any reply for more than 1,5 month yet why royalties is not paid.

I hope this will save your money&stress.

Regards,

Marcin Jakubowski
    CEO at Capree Mobile
    --------------

Not sure if this is true or not, but maybe that is why IG went with a different reseller(s)...
    02-06-10 07:59 AM
    BTW - I also found a very interesting Verizon tip/article on RIM's latest v5.0.0 release that recommends manually "uninstalling" any older desktop releases before installing their latest release. It sounds like their might be a problem with RIM's Virtual Serial Ports not being uninstalled correctly when their latest release is installed. Has anyone tried this yet? See below.

See vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx

-----------
    BlackBerry Desktop Software v5.0.1 (updated 11/24/2009)

If a previous version of Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed on the computer (4.7 or earlier), it is advised to uninstall it and ensure that all the RIM Virtual Serial Ports are uninstalled before installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. To uninstall Blackberry Desktop Manager:

1. From Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs
    2. Select “Blackberry Desktop Software x.x” and click on “Change/Remove”.
    3. Click Next
    4. Select “Remove”, click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Click “Remove”

Next Steps after successful download:

1) Click on Save.
    2) Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
    3) Double click on downloaded executable file.
    4) Click RUN on dialogue box.
    5) Choose Setup Language from the dialog box
    6) Install Shield will install all required modules on PC/laptop.
    7) Allow the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to restart at the end of the installation.

--------------
    02-06-10 08:06 AM
    BTW - I also found a very interesting Verizon tip/article on RIM's latest v5.0.0 release that recommends manually "uninstalling" any older desktop releases before installing their latest release. It sounds like their might be a problem with RIM's Virtual Serial Ports not being uninstalled correctly when their latest release is installed. Has anyone tried this yet? See below.

See vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx

-----------
    BlackBerry Desktop Software v5.0.1 (updated 11/24/2009)

If a previous version of Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed on the computer (4.7 or earlier), it is advised to uninstall it and ensure that all the RIM Virtual Serial Ports are uninstalled before installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. To uninstall Blackberry Desktop Manager:

1. From Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs
    2. Select �Blackberry Desktop Software x.x� and click on �Change/Remove�.
    3. Click Next
    4. Select �Remove�, click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Click �Remove�

Next Steps after successful download:

1) Click on Save.
    2) Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
    3) Double click on downloaded executable file.
    4) Click RUN on dialogue box.
    5) Choose Setup Language from the dialog box
    6) Install Shield will install all required modules on PC/laptop.
    7) Allow the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to restart at the end of the installation.

--------------
    I have done a clean installation in a new dcomputer over Desktop 5.01 and IT�S NOT WORKING

Lemmon
    02-11-10 03:20 AM
    The Verizon tip also indicates that you need to uninstall the RIM serial ports. I am running Window 7 Professional 64 bit and cannot find the ports in Device Manager so I have no way of checking the ports. Incidentally, I installed Desktop 5.0 on a new computer and I am having the same problem. I suspect that I will not be able to sych games in about a month when my golf course opens.
    03-21-10 08:24 AM
    Just wondering... Still don't see a fix. Trying to decide if to roll back the OS or just scrap Inteligolf altogether and use something else.... like a scorecard and a pencil.
    04-05-10 11:52 AM
    I went to the golf course today for my first round of the season. I knew I couldn't synch with my desktop program but I got an additional surprise. I have version 9.25 installed and it doesn't work at all. When I select a new game I cannot get the dropdown menu to work so that I can select a golf course. Instead, when I click on the dropdown I get the menu for that page. If I pick the golf course displayed I can select additional players but once I get to the first hole I cannot navigate at all.

I don't want to go back to 4.6 and incidentally I am not using Verizon or Vodaphone's version of OS 5.

It looks like I am looking for a new golf program. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that I will have to abandon Intelligolf after 10 years and 3 different platforms.
    04-17-10 02:12 PM
    @s-moore22

I had the same experience last week when I tried to use my Intelligolf (Eagle 9.25.03 on Blackberry Bold 9700). I gave up and used the old pencil scorecard. Today, I was starting to send an email to support and then I discovered how to actually navigate around the scorecard. I still don't think this is correct/good, but to move from field to field, I actually hit the "del" key - it cycles through each field, from left to right and top to bottom. I'm not thrilled at all that I can't just use the trackpad to navigate, but at least it's usable in the meantime. I'm still sending the email.

- Mike
    04-20-10 05:07 PM
    I doubt I would have ever figured this out on my own. The delete key works as you said. If you want to look at a dropdown menu, then you need to type in the first letter of your choice. This allows you to find the golf course faster but you cannot review the entire list.

Is this the way this is supposed to work? Is this a deliberate change from the previous version or is it just working oddly on the Bolds?

Well at least I can use it again. If this isn't fixed, then I might change programs. However, I have recently damaged my screen and I might go back to a Nokia for my next phone.
    04-21-10 07:40 PM
    Have any of you tried the newest VZW 5.x released last week? I haven't yet as I have to play in league tomorrow night and didn't want to re-do it if it didn't work.......
    04-25-10 08:16 PM
    Have new VZW 5.x release... Intelligolf still doesn't work.

The del key does work. Also if you want to select something hit the spacebar. Spacebar is like hitting enter.

Another problem besides the sync problem is that you can only view the first players scorecard at the end of a round. Also Scorecard has disappeared from the menu while you are scoring. I remember being able to go to the scorecards of each player in the middle of a round. No longer.... I wish they would get this fixed because I really like Intelligolf. I had been using another mobile app GPS which works better than Intelligolfs. They are in the process of adding scoring. I would hate to just leave Intelligolf all together but that may happen.
    05-14-10 11:41 AM
    After a decade I am giving up on Intelligolf. Leaving aside the synch problems, navigation is now a nightmare. I cannot even properly access the custom game screen. I cannot even access my drop down menu to put in custom points for myself.

I would like a program that can keep scorecards and track wagers as well as provide GPS info. Any suggestions
    07-18-10 11:49 AM
    BBGPSGolf has scorecard, but don't know bout wager tracking, as I NEVER wager in golf! .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD