Tired of manually pulling the battery and don't want to take up memory space with an app such as quick pull/restart me ? Well there's a way. Just hold Alt + (right) Shift and Del (Alt + Shift + Del). This will force the BB into performing a restart. And I think now the secret is out that apps like quick pull and restart me do nothing more than what I just explained. They simply press a few keys for you and restart your phone. Lame !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 08:46 PM
    i just tried it on my dad curve....i cant get it to work for some reason. what os do you have?
    03-19-10 09:02 PM
    It is not a secret. Quick pull is not a waste - especially since there is a free app. Some people prefer having the BB reset while sleeping and not have to worry about it.

03-19-10 09:02 PM
    Tired of manually pulling the battery and don't want to take up memory space with an app such as quick pull/restart me ? Well there's a way. Just hold Alt + (right) Shift and Del (Alt + Shift + Del). This will force the BB into performing a restart. And I think now the secret is out that apps like quick pull and restart me do nothing more than what I just explained. They simply press a few keys for you and restart your phone. Lame !

Not really a secret. There's at least 50 threads on that. Lots of people like the comfort of the apps that do it since they can schedule it and the apps take up very little memory. Some of the apps also have perks like quicklaunch.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...t-reset-37934/
    03-19-10 09:13 PM
    FYI, this is definitely not NEW information. lol.
    03-19-10 09:13 PM
    Not saying its a secret. Just not many people know about it yet. I'm running sprint 4.5.0.186. Make sure you're holding the shift key on the right and not the one on the left.

03-19-10 09:17 PM
    Everyone already knows about it ....
    03-19-10 09:43 PM
    LOL older than dirt. works on all qwerty keyboard blackberrys. its been widely discussed and used for a long time.
    03-19-10 09:53 PM
    been around for quite a while, but thanks for telling some who may not know
    03-19-10 09:53 PM
    Alright alright .... Only had my BB about 4 - 5 months still finding new tricks. Had to do a restore last week cause I bricked it. Lol.

03-19-10 10:04 PM
    Here's a secret, I wear my women's underwear when I spend my lonely Saturday nights watching lifetime. At least I can rely on QuickPull to reboot my BB @ 4:30 every morning. Ahhhh.....I love my QuickPull.

03-20-10 02:07 AM
    Alright alright .... Only had my BB about 4 - 5 months still finding new tricks. Had to do a restore last week cause I bricked it. Lol.

Anyone else using QP pro? I upgraded and I am disappointed on the free version I could run it at night but on the pro version I have to manually click through the prompts
    Anyone else have this issue?

03-20-10 02:11 AM
    Do you have all the permissions set to Allow?
    03-20-10 04:51 AM

Rough crowd.........Jack nice of you to share, even though it was not a new thing. Thanks for sharing!
    03-20-10 04:56 AM

I knew about this and it worked when I had .175 but when I upgraded to .186 it stopper working.
    It went to the white screen but when it came back to life, it kept its apps open.

03-20-10 06:36 AM
    Do you have all the permissions set to Allow?
    yep............................
    03-20-10 11:27 AM
    And I think now the secret is out
    Not saying its a secret.
    As for quickpull pro...
    Anyone else using QP pro? I upgraded and I am disappointed on the free version I could run it at night but on the pro version I have to manually click through the prompts
    Anyone else have this issue?
    I have it and love it. It works great. I am betting you don't have the permissions set correctly. The prompts show up, but you don't do anything to them.

03-20-10 11:39 AM
    As for quickpull pro...

I have it and love it. It works great. I am betting you don't have the permissions set correctly. The prompts show up, but you don't do anything to them.

I have the permissions set to allow. The prompts show up and the message tells me that QP could not run as the HS was holstered or on standby. I have to manually work through the prompts.
    I also have a charging pod on my night stand and the HS sits with the prompts up. Once the alarm goes off in the morning I activate the prompts and then it runs. Never had the issue with free version.
    Can you show me what permissions you have set...
    03-21-10 03:16 AM
    I have never had that problem. My BB is always on standby and it resits. The only time I have to give it permission is when my memory goes below a certain level. My suggestion is to delete it and re-download it. If that doesn't work, go to their website and trouble shoot there.

03-21-10 09:46 AM
    Just make battery pulling a "habit."

Every morning as soon as my BB alarm goes off. I take out the battery. Jump in the shower. Put the battery back in after shower and finish getting dressed. Fresh BB for the day!!! Not to difficult.

My two pennies...well in this economy...my neg. balance of two pennies.
    03-21-10 10:00 AM
    i fumbled with the soft reset when my 8330 was new to me. i couldn't get it to work for the longest time! You need to do it in order; at least that's what works for me. Press the alt and hold, shift hold then del hold. So you'll be holding all three by the end. You need to get your hands into a certain reset position. Lol. That should do it for ya.

1. Left alt
    2. Right aA
    3. Right del

Lemme know if you get it. i don't see the point in reset apps either. i do a soft reset every other day.

i just tried it on my dad curve....i cant get it to work for some reason. what os do you have?
    03-21-10 10:25 AM
    Here's a secret, I wear my women's underwear when I spend my lonely Saturday nights watching lifetime. At least I can rely on QuickPull to reboot my BB @ 4:30 every morning. Ahhhh.....I love my QuickPull.

LOL now that was funny!!
    03-31-10 09:41 AM
    My problem with Quick Pull is the screen always ends up with a white boarder all the way around it after it restarts. Very very annoying. As a result I have scrapped the app and use the Alt Shift Del method every morning. Never, EVER had an issue because the battery hasn't been out for 30 seconds.

Does anyone else have an issue with the white boarder after restart with Quick pull, free version that is.
    03-31-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD