View Poll Results: Which is your preferred IM on you BB?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • AIM / GTalk / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo IM

21 31.82%
  • BeeJive IM

20 30.30%
  • BlackBerry Messenger

22 33.33%
  • IM+

0 0%
  • iSkoot

0 0%
  • Nimbuzz

2 3.03%
  • Palringo

1 1.52%
  • other.. (Skype is due soon)

0 0%
    This one is sooooo easy!!! Im+ SUX and way overpriced. BeeJiveIM is the best and is underpriced!!! I'm using 2.0.2 on os5.0.0.423 and it kicks ***. Been using for almost 4 years now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 10:33 PM
    It depends. You will need BIS in order to support push, am I right?
    Well... yes and no. There are two common approaches to making any client receive data from any server, known as Push and Pull respectively.

Pull is when the client opens a connection and requests specific data from a server. That server responds immediately and then the connection closes. However, the client cannot known when new data will become available on the server and continuous requests use a lot of bandwidth and energy.

Push is when the client opens a connection with a server and does not request data. That server sends new data when it becomes available and the connection does not close. This is more efficient when data could become available at any time. Two popular examples include IMAP and BIS.

BIS is one Push-capable example, and it is not the only example.
    01-27-10 08:05 PM
    ... except to Jabber and derived platforms.

What makes Jabber interesting is that it has agents. Through a Jabber server, you can sign-up to an AIM agent (or any other agent) and subsequently chat to AIM, YIM, MSN (or whatever) without using an AIM, YIM, MSN client.

Google Talk is actually a rebranded Jabber. BeeJive, Nimbuzz and IM+ are all opaque Jabber clients. Vayusphere is a Jabber client for RIM OS 4.1+, and Mobile IM is a Jabber client for RIM OS 3.7!!!
    Last edited by flop; 01-27-10 at 08:41 PM.
    01-27-10 08:18 PM
    All my friends are still on AIM, no choice for now.
    01-27-10 09:37 PM
    Use BB messenger with anyone that I can, and for all the other IM clients I use Instango. I know it's a pretty much forgotten IM client, but it works perfectly for me and supports pretty much all the protocols out there.

I got tired of multiple apps taking space, so instango was under 500K and I could remove everything else but BBM.... Not really supported anymore, but it'd be great if they'd bring it back and tweak it a little!

If anyone wants to check it out... instango.com - Mobile Instant Messaging
    01-27-10 11:32 PM
    Definitely love Beejive on my 9700 and 3GS. Although, I find Beejive to be a bit buggy with my 9700 (nothing I can't simply work through). I do have IM+ but I haven't gotten around to using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 01:20 AM
    Beejive has to be the best IM client for multiple IM accounts. I use BBM more but Beejive gets it's fair share of use.
    01-28-10 05:49 AM
    my closest friends all have BBM so its my preferred method of communication. being able to see if theyre ignoring my messages is an added plus.

i have RIMs AIM client installed but i rarely use it since i enabled mobile notifications so i get a text message when someone IMs me and im offline. the downside for the RIM AIM client is that you cant send messages to people who are appearing offline like you can with other programs. other than that it gets the job done and is free.

i used to use webmessenger (i think they changed the name to fuze messenger or something) and it was ok but it was just way too simple looking.
    01-28-10 06:19 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD