I think I have an understanding, but I just want to voice it to make sure I'm right.

I can get a 3rd party app and instead of an OTA install, download it to my computer. Then through the Device Manager, download it to my 8900. All well and fine. Now, at some future time, if I wish to still keep the app but not have it on my berry, I can simply delete it using the menus in my berry....right? The app will still reside on my computer and can be re-installed again in the future....right?

If this sounds strange, let me explain a bit. There are some language apps out there. I might not want both Spanish and German taking up space in my berry at the same time. I would only be using one or the other at any given time, and by storing both on my computer, I can switch back and forth deleting and downloading whichever one matches my current needs.

Is my understanding correct? Am I also correct that 3rd party apps are not stored in the media card? The card is only used for media files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karl
    05-24-09 10:00 AM
    That sounds right to me.

You are correct that apps do not install to the media card, not possible on the blackberry (hopefully a future feature!).

I store media and documents on my media card, I have replaced my thumb drives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD