I installed facebook, but realized I was supposed to download v1.6 instead of v1.7, so I deleted the v1.7 I installed by accident. Then I went back to download v1.6 and when I clicked download it said "this program is not compatible with your device". My device OS is all up to date and v1.7 downloaded fine, so why can't I go back and download v1.6?
    06-03-10 06:34 PM
    1.6 is probably for devices running 4.5/4.6 or less.

Why exactly the version you got was not the right version?
    06-03-10 06:51 PM
    it v1.7 was for people with "browsing capabilities". I didn't buy a plan with data, I got an unlimited social networking plan, for unlimited use with twitter, facebook and myspace etc. So I am a little afraid that I will get charged extra for using v1.7 and not v1.6.

Is it possible to download the app on your computer and then sync it with your blackberry?
    06-03-10 07:01 PM
    I see. We call it BIS light here. It's a nice idea, specially if you got 80% of your day covered by Wi-Fi hotspots.

You can try looking for a zip file with an alx and a (or a few) cod files and install using Desktop Manager.

If you don't find a zip, you can use OTALoader to download the jad and the cod and then intall directly from the SD card.
    06-03-10 07:09 PM
    Would my carrier be able to tell the difference, whether I downloaded it off App World or just installed it off my computer?
    I just wanna make sure they won't be able to tell, because I don't want to get charged extra :0
    06-03-10 07:19 PM
    It shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Why'd you get a bb if you're not gonna get a data plan? It's like having a Porche and not buying tires for it. It's pretty and nice to look at but basically useless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 02:36 PM
    It shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Why'd you get a bb if you're not gonna get a data plan? It's like having a Porche and not buying tires for it. It's pretty and nice to look at but basically useless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do you rationalize a statement like that? The Blackberry is first and foremost a cell phone. That is its primary function and yet according to you, without a data plan, it cannot even make phone calls. and what about texting, that also doesn't require a data plan. Many apps run over WiFi, again that doesn't require a data plan. Your analogy of a Porsche with out tires is absolutely false. Also, if you are going to make statements like that, you also could at least spell Porsche correctly.
    06-04-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD