I was told that with the bold 9700, apps are installed to the memory card... but they just save directly to my phone memory it seems... help
    01-22-10 07:32 AM
    Can't be done. All apps are installed directly to your phone regardless of the model. Its the way the BB OS is designed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 08:17 AM
    True but some do cache (save their settings) to the SD card.

01-22-10 08:39 AM
    Apps must be in phone memory to run on BBs today. Some apps like Aerize allow third party apps to be archived on the memory card.

01-22-10 08:46 AM
    Sorry bro, you just have to manage your 256mb of flash memory.
    01-22-10 08:50 AM
    Someone wrote on this forum that there was an app. you could buy so you could download apps to the memory card. An app for everything and anything. I would like to know the name of that app???????????????????

01-22-10 04:27 PM
    Thanks for all the quick responses. I was dead sure that I read about the 9700s expandable internal memory somewhere

01-22-10 04:40 PM
    i understand the concept but not sure whay it matters with this phone, there is so much memory on it that you dont need to put them on a memory card. i have about 50 apps on my phone and still have 97MB left
    01-22-10 05:42 PM
    Someone wrote on this forum that there was an app. you could buy so you could download apps to the memory card. An app for everything and anything. I would like to know the name of that app???????????????????

Aerize card loader. Waste of money if you ask me, but to each their own. It will store apps on the card but you will still need to install the app to your phone memory to use it. To be clear. YOU CANNOT RUN THEM FROM THE CARD. You can only store them there.

01-22-10 06:38 PM
    Thanks for all the quick responses. I was dead sure that I read about the 9700s expandable internal memory somewhere

Expandable memory is for media/file storage only, not applications. So you read right but concluded wrong.

01-22-10 06:45 PM
    Thats good, So if I get say a 16GB microSD card and transfer all of the contents from my 2GB one everything should still work fine?

I have trouble doing this before with Nokia phones as the apps were on the SD card and had to be downloaded as the apps were not registered on the file system.
    01-22-10 07:24 PM
    I was told that with the bold 9700, apps are installed to the memory card... but they just save directly to my phone memory it seems... help
    someone must have given you the wrong info. apps are installed on to the phone memory,irrespective of the BB model.
    01-23-10 12:28 AM
    that ends that discussion
    thanks guys
    01-23-10 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD