Hi CrackBerry,

I'm trying to install an app, but all I have are .cod files. I've tried using Desktop Manager, as well as the AppLoader to install, but, both attempts have been unsuccessful.

Do I need to convert these .cod files to .alx, or what?

There's also a .jad file in the zip file... I tried emailing it to myself and then downloading, but it wouldn't work.

Hope this question isn't stupid but how can I install the app with the .cod files!?

Thanks!
    10-24-09 11:22 PM
    You can but you need a application called BBSAK.
    10-24-09 11:37 PM
    Bad advice. I nearly bricked my BB...

I installed each .cod file (there were like 26) one by one with that program. I then tried to open the app and got some weird message (can't remember)...

So I did a battery pull, and then I got a weird screen I've never seen before... A battery with a red slash through it.

Luckily, I had a second battery available. I switched them, and after at least 10 minutes of reloading (I was sure it was bricked), the BB finally loaded. However, the program's icon was gone (so did it delete the .cod files?)

What can I do to install these .cod files besides this program?

Thanks
    10-25-09 12:14 AM
    It sounds like you have a ota file. Find someone to host it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 12:15 AM
    Hi CrackBerry,

I'm trying to install an app, but all I have are .cod files. I've tried using Desktop Manager, as well as the AppLoader to install, but, both attempts have been unsuccessful.

Do I need to convert these .cod files to .alx, or what?

There's also a .jad file in the zip file... I tried emailing it to myself and then downloading, but it wouldn't work.

Hope this question isn't stupid but how can I install the app with the .cod files!?

Thanks!
    Copy the files to your Blackberry Storage/Media Card.. Open Media press the Blackberry Menu button and go to Explore, then find the jad file you copied and run it.. It then should install.

Good Luck.
    10-25-09 12:45 AM
    You can also attempt to edit any alx file that has more than one cod file associated with it and just copy the info multiple times appropriately referencing the various cod files using the template in the alx file over and over. The alx file is a plain text file with instructions on the cod files. You can make stuff up.

What may have happened with bbsak is that loading them either one by one or missing one might have created an incomplete app and that would not be healthy.
    10-25-09 12:58 AM
    Copy the files to your Blackberry Storage/Media Card.. Open Media press the Blackberry Menu button and go to Explore, then find the jad file you copied and run it.. It then should install.

Good Luck.
    Perfect advice. Worked flawlessly!
    10-25-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD