Noob question, this is my first bb...

so as the title says, I dl mini opera...just wondering if I can delete the browser it came with now?

only wondering because whenever I hold the bb button to see what apps I'm running, it's always on there...

this might be a dumb question, but any feedback is appreciated!!
    07-25-09 03:23 PM
    Noob question, this is my first bb...

so as the title says, I dl mini opera...just wondering if I can delete the browser it came with now?

only wondering because whenever I hold the bb button to see what apps I'm running, it's always on there...

this might be a dumb question, but any feedback is appreciated!!
    NO the Orig browser will stay on there
    07-25-09 03:27 PM
    You can, but then you wouldn't be able to download any apps that are downloaded OTA. Also, anytime there is a link in Opera Mini and you click on it, it won't be able to launch the BB browser which is the default browser.

And no, you can't make Opera Mini your default browser.
    07-25-09 03:29 PM
    Yes you can but I would not go there because your browser can be really useful at times. NOT recommended.
    07-25-09 03:31 PM
    BB browser is a required item on all blackberries. It identifies your phone on the net and is the required default browser. Any item you download via bolt or opera mini will open the BB browswer to complete it. Now, I believe Skyfire will have a little say in the default part of things, but we will see when it is available.
    07-25-09 03:32 PM
    Never delete the native browser...!!
    07-25-09 03:35 PM
    ^^^^(everyone)

thanks a lot guys, good quick responses...this forum is great!
    07-25-09 03:39 PM
    which is better, bolt or opera mini?
    07-25-09 04:29 PM
    Don't delete it! The native browser renders pages better than opera every once in a while. Just hide it until you need it. Delete opera actually and go to Bolt Browser, its the best! ...for now......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 04:35 PM
    which is better, bolt or opera mini?
    different people say different things. i'd try both and see which one you prefer. everybody has an opinion but it'll be yours that matters on your berry you know?
    07-25-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD