So I installed blackberry app world. Now I have nfl, backup assistant,skype icons, that it DOES NOT let me delete! Wtf is this?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 04:04 PM
    So I installed blackberry app world. Now I have nfl, backup assistant,skype icons, that it DOES NOT let me delete! Wtf is this?!

They were pushed to your phone by Verizon when you did the restart after installing App World. You are correct, you can't delete them, but you can hide them. They take up almost no room so just hide them.
    05-09-10 04:08 PM
    it's just a launcher it doesn't take up any room unless you click and install those apps. they will not go away i just hide them in a folder i never use... out of sight out of mind
    05-09-10 04:08 PM
    And totally not related to your installing fo AppWorld...
    05-09-10 04:23 PM
    Ugh I wish they would let me pick what I want on my phone. Just like that bing bs.

Does the backup assistant work with blackberry?

05-09-10 04:23 PM
    Ugh I wish they would let me pick what I want on my phone. Just like that bing bs.

Does the backup assistant work with blackberry?

Yes it sure does.
    05-09-10 04:26 PM
    Anyone else fed up with Bing? What a pain in the buttocks that search engine is. Word recognition...pop! The dropdown window opens up and gives you your selections. Bing gives you what you don't need once again. Can it!
    05-09-10 07:54 PM
    if u install verizon apps then u can delete them with a battery pull restart this may have been said already i havent read all the posts in this thread. i dont like verizon pushing crap to me but its price you pay for their service i guess
    05-10-10 05:44 AM
    if u install verizon apps then u can delete them with a battery pull restart this may have been said already i havent read all the posts in this thread. i dont like verizon pushing crap to me but its price you pay for their service i guess
    True, but as soon as you do an upgrade or have to resend service books, they come right back. Easier to just put in a folder and hide.
    05-10-10 09:45 PM

I'm still waiting for the Skype app to be released for us Sprint users.
    05-11-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD