I have a Bold 9000, OS 4.6 (not sure which one specifically), for quite awhile I've had Opera Mini 4.2 and Beta 1 of 5.0 installed side-by-side. I've used 4.2 most of the time & accumulated quite a few bookmarks, which I DID synchronize to my Opera mobile login.

I installed 5.0 final over 4.2 (forgot to remove 5 Beta 1, later did using BBSAK 1.7), and I don't see anything in there that lets me import the 4.2 bookmarks in. Is there a way to do that?

Also, is there a way to trick the Bold 9000 into letting both 4.0 and 5.0 (not the Betas) exist on the same machine at the same time?

LRH
    04-10-10 01:14 PM
    Did you enable Opera Link in 5.0? That should do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 01:20 PM
    Did you enable Opera Link in 5.0? That should do it.

Yes it did, thank you very much.

04-10-10 01:43 PM
    You're welcome. Glad to help.

04-10-10 01:45 PM
    I installed opera mini 5.0 yesterday, answered yes to 'update over existing Opera 4.xx' (don't recall exact version). During the OTA download process I was asked if I wanted to save my bookmarks, saved pages, etc. and I answered "Yes". However, they are nowhere to be found in 5.0

I found this thread while searching and signed up for Opera Link, it went through the process of saying it was synchronizing however I still don't have my prior bookmarks and saved pages.

Can anyone help me out? (I do regular backups with DM if the data is stored in there and can be retrieved somehow.)

TIA!
    06-05-10 09:14 AM
    I installed opera mini 5.0 yesterday, answered yes to 'update over existing Opera 4.xx' (don't recall exact version). During the OTA download process I was asked if I wanted to save my bookmarks, saved pages, etc. and I answered "Yes". However, they are nowhere to be found in 5.0

I found this thread while searching and signed up for Opera Link, it went through the process of saying it was synchronizing however I still don't have my prior bookmarks and saved pages.

Can anyone help me out? (I do regular backups with DM if the data is stored in there and can be retrieved somehow.)

TIA!
    I had the same problem today. Did the 5.0 upgrade (since it started showing up at the top of all web pages today), and it wiped out all of my 4.2 bookmarks when it installed over the top. Plus it turns out I HATE 5.0. It's a pain in the *** now to bookmark/speed dial pages, figure out which icon is which (since it doesn't seem to list anything in text mode anymore), the MENU key doesn't do crap compared to what it did before, etc. It's just a crappy interface now, and not the least bit intuitive.

Fortunately, I found 4.2 and was able to download it again (so now I have both versions installed). I'll keep trying to figure out 5.0, because there are a few nice new additions, but the basic navigation sucks now, unless there's just a lot of things I haven't figured out yet.
    06-09-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD