Hello Crackberry Community,

today I would like share with you the news that there is a new BlackBerry Application by emacberry.com called:

iMazing for BlackBerry - Handling your incoming eMails with just a swipe gesture

iMazing is a tool that will display you all incoming eMail messages and allow you to instantly delete these messages with a swipe to right gesture (like you are used to from iOS). You can also mark an eMail as read with just a swipe to the left.
    You can additionally preview the eMails instantly with a single touch. In this preview screen you have also the option to instantly delete (or mark as read) the message via the swipe gestures (left/west = mark as read | right/east = delete) or make use of the Menu or tool bar in order to reply, forward or reply to all.

With iMazing your are Getting Things Done (GTD) - full stop. And of course the application is fully customizable to your requirements - starting with the option where the the message list should be displayed and ending with the configuration when an incoming email should be marked as read.

See iMazing in action @ YouTube
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6Iks6jnzw&hd=1[/YT]

Important to know
    • iMazing is exclusively available via AppWorld�
    • Even if the app is listed as free (in AppWorld), you need to buy a License (via In-App Purchase) in order to make use of the full functionality of iMazing (displaying a unlimited number of eMail messages) - currently just 1.99 USD.
    • The FREE Version of iMazing will display ONLY the latest eMail message.
    • iMazing is only for BlackBerry� TOUCH DEVICES! (no trackpad support)
    • IMazing will display eMail messages ONLY (no other message types will be currently handled - this includes SMS)
    • Looks like that the In-App Purchase option is not obvious (working to improve that)
      1. Start the app and a popup will be displayed
      2. While that popup is displayed you can press the Blackberry Menu Button
      3. and there you find a 'Buy License'.

Get it at AppWorld:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/102414

Official iMazingWebpage:
    iMazing - eMail Inbox handling Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 5.0 or higher
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-11-12 at 04:42 AM.
    tsells likes this.
    04-11-12 04:40 AM
    This is a really good app from a developer that has great service.

The app works perfectly and would be even better if it had an option to turn the backlight on when a message is received.
    Last edited by tellsells; 04-11-12 at 07:49 AM.
    emacf1 likes this.
    04-11-12 07:37 AM
    The app works perfectly and would be even better if it had an option to turn the backlight on when a message is received.
    expect this in the next release (an additional option to enable Backlight when a new eMail arrives)...
    tsells likes this.
    04-11-12 07:44 AM
    expect this in the next release (an additional option to enable Backlight when a new eMail arrives)...
    And also if the developer can work on something which can sort different mails between different mail folders, as of now it just jumbles all of them in one go. definitely need more options.... Otherwise i don't see it being much different from berry popup or email++
    04-12-12 12:59 AM
    see - you can already disable unwanted eMail accounts in the options - the purpose of this app is not the "popup" function (this is just the trigger) - since as you mentioned there are others that does this as well - my core requirement was to handle (reply, forward, save, delete) incoming emails right away... if you receive a lot of emails during the day [like automatic generated notifications (e.g. from ticket systems)] then this really can make your life easier.

But for sure we will see more options and settings in the next builds... just have in mind where the early version of FileScout have started - and where it is now...

I have a lot of ideas what can be added - and also plenty of suggestions coming in...
    tsells likes this.
    04-12-12 01:28 AM
    I have been a good tradition to release updates (including feature requests from crackberry users) as soon as possible - iMazing does not make an exception to that...

So since this morning iMazing v1.3.1.5 have become available in AppWorld and include the following changes:

• Option to set the maximal amount of eMail messages that will be populated to the popup list (default value is 25)
    • Added "double tab" action - default: Mark eMail as saved (working in list and preview)
    • Now customizable actions:
      • Adjust the function of the button that appears when you swipe right (delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
      • Adjust the function of the button that appears when you swipe left (none, delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
      • Adjust the double tap action (that will be executed instantly - no confirm!) (none, delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
    • Option to turn Blacklight On on new eMail (default OFF)
    • In-App purchase Buttons (for premium version) also added to the options dialog - sorry for making it so hard to get your full version right away

Full ChangeLog:
    http://www.emacberry.com/imazing/imaze_04log.html

AppWorld
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/102414/
    A manual AppWorld reset might be required that the never Version will show up - see our FAQ how to reset AppWorld.
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-13-12 at 03:54 AM.
    joesworld likes this.
    04-13-12 03:51 AM
    I like this app.
    04-13-12 04:19 AM
    I have been a good tradition to release updates (including feature requests from crackberry users) as soon as possible - iMazing does not make an exception to that...

So since this morning iMazing v1.3.1.5 have become available in AppWorld and include the following changes:

• Option to set the maximal amount of eMail messages that will be populated to the popup list (default value is 25)
    • Added "double tab" action - default: Mark eMail as saved (working in list and preview)
    • Now customizable actions:
      • Adjust the function of the button that appears when you swipe right (delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
      • Adjust the function of the button that appears when you swipe left (none, delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
      • Adjust the double tap action (that will be executed instantly - no confirm!) (none, delete, mark as read or mark as saved)
    • Option to turn Blacklight On on new eMail (default OFF)
    • In-App purchase Buttons (for premium version) also added to the options dialog - sorry for making it so hard to get your full version right away
    Nice update.
    THANKS!
    04-13-12 09:18 AM
    Yeah I really like this app, thanks!
    04-13-12 01:25 PM
    for all of you hoping for an equivalent integration of SMS into iMazing - I am sorry but I do not have good news for you - I spend the complete day with evaluating different possibilities...

But cause of the existing API limitations it makes IMHO actually not much sense to integrate SMS into iMazing [simply cause the SMS can't be processed (mark as read/delete from the inbox and other stuff)]

I might change my mind - and I am still open for discussing this - therefore I have opened a separate topic explaining the pro & cons and you might like to add some more... [@emacberry]
    04-13-12 03:35 PM
    I bought this yesterday and am happy with it.

While you are no doubt swamped with requests, one feature I wouldn't mind seeing is to be able to say, specify a background colour depending on the email account. For example, let's say I had 3 email accounts. I might want to set (at or near the same place as I can toggle on/off email accounts in iMazing), one address to be yellow, one orange and one green.

When one email comes in, the preview might have a yellow background. Or, if 6 emails come in, then on the popup -- one might be yellow, 2 might be orange and 3 might be green for the background. Obviously, dark backgrounds with a black font would be out of the question but the feature would add some customization ability. Currently, we have the choice of important (we see a popup) or not (email account is unselected). A couple colour choices would give various degrees of importance (e.g. personal email vs. work email)... especially for those that do not use LED indicators.

Anyways, just a suggestion -- might be difficult to program.
    04-13-12 03:51 PM
    I somehow agree to your idea Klotar. Although I like it to be a bit more suddle, like a little dot or something. I also wouldn't mind if it's using the native BlackBerry Calender options =).

Great App though, really saves me a lot of time scanning my Inbox =)!

Verstuurd van mijn BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps met Tapatalk
    04-13-12 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion - I think I picked up the core idea - to be some sort of able to see which message comes from which account - and this is more then understandable request. How it will be done (by icon, by color or what so ever can be decided later - or even better - might be configurable)

Please don't stop suggestion additional functions & features - Just don't be disappointed that your personal request might not make it instantly into the application - I have enough balls to say when I do not believe that a feature makes sense

It's just that every feature need a) needs to be implemented b) needs to be configured and c) need to be tested - and most of the time a) can be done quite fast and b) & c) takes quite a lot of time.

So when you have an additional idea - or a suggestion what should be changed (or even configurable which is currently hard code) - just let me know!

And thanks again for the positive feedback so far!
    04-13-12 04:21 PM
    I do have a request, if you're going to implement keyboard shortcuts for this application in the future, make it an option, not something mandatory. I'll be texting somebody or typing something somewhere else and then I'll get a popup and it'll register the keyboard shortcut right away if I happen to hit that key, and next thing I know, my current task is interrupted by this and I'm typing in the email popup. See what I'm saying here?

I'll be happy to be a tester for you if you want!
    04-13-12 04:25 PM
    I hope this will match your expectations?!... Actually to my surprise there is no default ColorChooser component in the API - so the most time I spend with implementing some sort of Color selection component that layout some sort of consistent... And I decided to just go with a group of colors [like the Calendar App]
    Klotar, joesworld and JunkieXP like this.
    04-14-12 11:17 AM
    I hope this will match your expectations?!... Actually to my surprise there is no default ColorChooser component in the API - so the most time I spend with implementing some sort of Color selection component that layout some sort of consistent... And I decided to just go with a group of colors [like the Calendar App]
    Wow, looks great!
    04-15-12 04:13 PM
    This is an amazing app from an amazing developer... always amazes me (and I've been a customer since the early days of FileScout)

Would you be able to add an action that somehow leaves a message unread but turns off the flashing light? For example, I get an email I want to keep 'unread' but I want the notification light to stop flashing (similar to when I would just open up the message application without reading any message). Hope that makes sense!
    emacf1 likes this.
    04-15-12 07:52 PM
    @joesworld: we will see this in the next build
    joesworld likes this.
    04-21-12 08:40 AM
    That's great to hear!

One other thing that would be great (unless it can already do this)... when I get a message and open it in the preview window, I'd love to be able to double-tap in the preview window to open up the message directly in the native message app (for when there is a formatted email that doesn't display properly in the preview).

Can this be done already or is it in the roadmap for the app?

Thanks!
    04-21-12 12:01 PM
    I really would like to offer this functionality [open 'this' message in the default message application] - but for what ever reason RIM does not provide an function in the API to do this - I just can guess that have to do with the fact that they don't want that somebody going to 'replace' the default message app (or for what ever reason)... Sorry
    04-21-12 01:35 PM
    I really would like to offer this functionality [open 'this' message in the default message application] - but for what ever reason RIM does not provide an function in the API to do this - I just can guess that have to do with the fact that they don't want that somebody going to 'replace' the default message app (or for what ever reason)... Sorry
    No problem at all... having the ability to leave a message unread but still kill the flashing LED works for me. I'll know to to back to the message later.

Thanks for the great work, I can't wait for the next updates
    04-21-12 07:30 PM
    Love this app I switch from the famous pop up app to this but only using the free version Great job

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 07:48 PM
    So since this morning iMazing v1.4.2.2 have become available in AppWorld and include the following changes:

• SMS support (with limited functionality cause of API restrictions)
    • Added Reply and Forward as customizable actions for swipe left, swipe right and double tap
    • Configure for each of your eMail accounts an additional color code
    • Added new Option 'No Popup in Clock/Bedside Mode'
    • Added new Option 'Turn LED off on Close'
    • Switched default actions for Swipe-Right and Double-tap (just effecting new users)
    • 'Enable Backlight on new eMail' should not unlock your device any longer.

Full ChangeLog:
    http://www.emacberry.com/imazing/imaze_04log.html

AppWorld
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/102414/
    A manual AppWorld reset might be required that the never Version will show up - see our FAQ how to reset AppWorld.
    JunkieXP, tsells and joesworld like this.
    04-23-12 04:29 AM
    Great app... Just purchased even though I didn't really need to as it's something I've been after for a while (the ability to swipe and delete emails I don't want to open and read).

Guessing there's no way to intergrate it with the 'delete on mailbox & handheld' option??
    04-23-12 05:06 AM
    you might just need to check your eMail options/setup on the device again... normally when you have enabled this function in the eMail account setup, then deleting with iMazing 'should' also delete the message on your mailbox... I just can ensure you that this is working here with my BES and my GoogleMail account (syncing device and gmail sometimes take a while - specially when I am accessing my gmail account via the web at the same time...)
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-23-12 at 05:54 AM.
    04-23-12 05:47 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD