im+ for skype is not really a true voip:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=410968
    01-29-10 06:17 PM
    In terms of comparison there maybe more apps for the Iphone some really good but huge majority of new apps coming out are really bad or sad to say crap. \

I would rather have a few good solid community of app developers focusing on the blackberry
    You say that as if to say that the majority of BB apps don't suck, when they really do!
    01-29-10 06:43 PM
    My opinion:

The Blackberry is more for business use compared to the iPhone. I'm not knocking the iPhone in any manner but they have some of the most useless apps that anybody would ever use. I'm not going to sit here and name all of the useless apps, use Google, you'll find them. They both have their security flaws from an IT/business standpoint.

The idea of arguing back and fourth about statistics will get nobody anywhere because they are two totally different comparison's.
    01-29-10 07:04 PM
    The irony being that the whole argument ended up being just about voip, despite the totally misleading title...
    01-29-10 07:14 PM
    The irony being that the whole argument ended up being just about voip, despite the totally misleading title...
    not just voip...other apps also. i'm sure iphone users can chime in. and dont bring up bb has a better messaging/email services and is for business use blab blab blab. we already established that crap.
    01-29-10 07:22 PM
    I use it for push services, not talking about email either.

If you like the apps better on another platform switch platforms... It's really simple... Go get a Pre or an iPhone or a droid...
    01-29-10 07:32 PM
    REALLY?! thats weird compared to the over 75000 apps in the apple store and over 15000 or so apps in the android marketplace your blackberry isnt cutting it who is this guy papped has the RIM store broken 10,000 apps yet? The one app store that i can say is highly supported from a smartphone standpoint is the apple store. After the that second isnt RIM i promise

1. Facebook : 78.9%
    2. iPhone : 62.1%
    3. Own branded site/community : 35.8%
    4. MySpace : 25.3%
    5. Android : 9.7%
    6. RIM : 9.5%
    7. Palm : 6.3%
    Others : 15.8%
    So typical of an Apple supporter. Always praising quantity over quality, form over function. sighh
    01-29-10 07:33 PM
    I love reading everybody's responses. You all are arguing over the topics/things that have been argued about since the beginning of the smart phone era.

The end result is always a stalemate because either you all give up or a mod locks/deletes the thread.
    01-29-10 07:44 PM
    Also the concept that no one wants to make BB apps is laughable. It's highly supported because the userbase is massive

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Agreed, and I think that's really the only source of frustration. Seriously, if people want Blackberry to turn into iPhone, why are we all here in the first place? If we're going to debate ways that BB can make itself better, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that there are tons of reasons that professionals, and even regular consumers like about a reliable smartphone that does calls and emails.

The reason this is a topic is that it would seem like the install base for Blackberry apps is huge. But, like I said before, there's also the hurdle of the whole PayPal thing, and people aren't as familiar with the process of shopping for apps on a Blackberry than they are with using the same iTunes program they've probably been using on a PC since 2004 with their MP3 player.

A good comparison is the video game industry...there are significantly more people owning Nintendo Wii's than 360's or PS3's. But if you put out a so-called "hardcore" title like a shooter or sports game on Wii, far fewer people will buy it than would buy it on 360 or PS3 b/c it's not a good match for that consumer base. I think there is a hunger for more and better BB apps, but the routes for selling those to consumers aren't quite as clearly defined, even if the potential profits are similar or higher.
    02-02-10 10:26 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD