View Poll Results: Free IM Lite, versus IM+ for $40

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am content with IM Lite, no need for anymore.

13 31.71%
  • I think $20 is what the paid version should be, and would buy it for $20.

13 31.71%
  • I think $40 is a fair price for the xtras included from lite version.

3 7.32%
  • It does not matter to me, I would not pay for it, or get it for free.

12 29.27%
    I am just curious as to what everyone thinks.

I personally think $20 is plenty for the paid version, and $40 is overpriced. Is it just me? I will pay attention to this poll, if it turns out that everyone thinks $40 is a good price for what you get extra from the lite version, then I will pay it.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 03-01-10 at 04:09 PM.
    03-01-10 04:00 PM
    Im+lite didn't work for me as far as the fb chat so i dont want it for free so i definitely wouldn't pay for it.
    03-01-10 04:13 PM
    Why anyone would pay $40 for an IM app is beyond me... unless you just don't care about the money at all.
    03-01-10 04:17 PM
    Im+lite didn't work for me as far as the fb chat so i dont want it for free so i definitely wouldn't pay for it.
    I am testing the $40 version on the trial, facebook chat is working for me on that. Try the trial out and see if that changes.

If not, check your settings, and make sure your facebook settings has the correct password, and username? Just ideas
    03-01-10 04:25 PM
    Why anyone would pay $40 for an IM app is beyond me... unless you just don't care about the money at all.

So would you pay $20 for it. I know it is still plenty of money, but that would bring it down to being in the beejive price range, and have a working IM push to email.
    03-01-10 04:26 PM
    So would you pay $20 for it. I know it is still plenty of money, but that would bring it down to being in the beejive price range, and have a working IM push to email.
    $20 is reasonable, especially since the Beejive transferrable license is $15 anyways. $40 is way out of bounds though. If I was going to spend that much on an app I would probably just pick up something more worthwhile like RDM+ instead...
    03-01-10 04:34 PM
    I am testing the $40 version on the trial, facebook chat is working for me on that. Try the trial out and see if that changes.

If not, check your settings, and make sure your facebook settings has the correct password, and username? Just ideas
    i have the correct password and username i be logged on and it shows whose all online but they receive the messages i send but i don't receive the ones they send so i don't know why.
    03-01-10 05:59 PM
    [QUOTE=haymond;4759253]i have the correct password and username i be logged on and it shows whose all online but they receive the messages i send but i don't receive the ones they send so i don't know why.[/QUOTE

Is that with the paid trial?

If so, try doing a battery pull. you do have all permissions set to allow?
    03-01-10 06:11 PM
    Anybody got an ota link for the im+ lite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 06:16 PM
    only 3 contacts show up, the rest dont even show up.

so far im not impressed.
    03-01-10 06:25 PM
    [QUOTE=trucksmoveamerica;4759317]
    i have the correct password and username i be logged on and it shows whose all online but they receive the messages i send but i don't receive the ones they send so i don't know why.[/QUOTE

Is that with the paid trial?

If so, try doing a battery pull. you do have all permissions set to allow?
    no it's the im+lite free version,yes i did battery pull and set all permissions.
    03-01-10 06:33 PM
    [QUOTE=haymond;4759430]

no it's the im+lite free version,yes i did battery pull and set all permissions.

I did some checking out the facebook on my IM+, and my facebook is not working either. I got on my wife's facebook and tried it out. I would send her a message, then when I sent one back to me, it would pop up on her facebook saying message not sent, user logged off, even though it says on my IM+ that I am logged in.

I turned off IM+, put beejive back on and tried it with them, and it worked no problem. So you are correct, the facebook is not working right with IM+. I remember with beejive that I had to do an extra step for facebook security when putting it on for it to work correctly. IM+ did not ask or do that step.
    03-01-10 07:43 PM
    aim doesnt work on my bold 9700 with official os 5.0 on im+ everytime you start a convo with someone on aim they log out when theyre really online must be a bug in 5.0 but until they fix it its not worth it
    Last edited by caliwrestla; 03-01-10 at 08:45 PM.
    03-01-10 08:20 PM
    [QUOTE=trucksmoveamerica;4759789]

I did some checking out the facebook on my IM+, and my facebook is not working either. I got on my wife's facebook and tried it out. I would send her a message, then when I sent one back to me, it would pop up on her facebook saying message not sent, user logged off, even though it says on my IM+ that I am logged in.

I turned off IM+, put beejive back on and tried it with them, and it worked no problem. So you are correct, the facebook is not working right with IM+. I remember with beejive that I had to do an extra step for facebook security when putting it on for it to work correctly. IM+ did not ask or do that step.
    OK THANKS!!!SO ITS SOMETHING THAT SHAPE NEEDS TO FIX.I TRIED AIM IT WORKS.SO I GUESS ITS FACEBOOK.THANKS AGAIN FOR VERIFYING THIS FOR ME. sorry for all caps.
    03-01-10 08:30 PM
    k i was having the same prob.. but i realized that my facebook account was automatically logged in once i started the app.. the app prob searched my phone and realise that i had fb..

So i re-entered my fb info and then i was able to recieve fb chats.. however my google wouldnt connect.. after several tries it did though..

all in all pro's:

FREE
    ALL IN ONE
    SEEMS QUICK
    I HEAR IT has good batt drain.. but i havent tested this fully

Cons:
    Pic of contacts dont show up
    everything one color
    seems buggy so far..

I might just stick with Nimbuzz instead.. it is also all in one and its free. has fb, myspace, aim, msn, google, skype, and so one .. All that i need .. and its the full version and its free. and it has non of the cons that i listed for IM+

However i would like to know what is the comparisons on batt drain between the two. If anyone has any knowledge of this please contact me.. apparently im+ soppuse to be the king at solving batt drain..
    03-01-10 08:49 PM
    k i was having the same prob.. but i realized that my facebook account was automatically logged in once i started the app.. the app prob searched my phone and realise that i had fb..

So i re-entered my fb info and then i was able to recieve fb chats.. however my google wouldnt connect.. after several tries it did though..

all in all pro's:

FREE
    ALL IN ONE
    SEEMS QUICK

Cons:
    everything one color
    seems buggy so far..

I might just stick with Nimbuzz instead.. it is also all in one and its free. has fb, myspace, aim, msn, google, skype, and so one .. All that i need .. and its the full version and its free. and it has non of the cons that i listed for IM+

However i would like to know what is the comparisons on batt drain between the two. If anyone has any knowledge of this please contact me.. apparently im+ soppuse to be the king at solving batt drain..
    thanks so much for the info i logged off fb on my phone and now im able to fb chat.thanks again.
    03-01-10 09:45 PM
    I think even 20 is pushing it; 40 is outrageous (for an IM app). 15 and I'd be happy...
    03-02-10 04:02 AM

all in all pro's:

FREE
    ALL IN ONE
    SEEMS QUICK

Cons:
    everything one color
    seems buggy so far..

I tried this, it worked for a little bit, but stopped working again. I opened the IM+ and it said there is no contacts online for facebook. I think strange, so I close it out, goto facebook on my computer and it shows all kinds of contacts online, and then I turn beejive back on and that app is showing the contacts online.

so looks like a pass for IM+ for me.
    03-02-10 11:15 AM
    wish they'd rls a free version of VNC+
    03-02-10 01:36 PM
    40USD.....**** no....regardless of how much I wanna bridge the gap with iPhone friends.....not for 40USD.....I think 10-15 is a fair price.....
    03-16-10 02:14 AM
    No matter how much it cost I find the IM+ application very NOT user friendly. I just can't seem to get used to, or like the application every time I have ever installed it. I use Beejive a lot, but this application is terrible in design in my opinion. Wouldn't use it if it was free...Sorry
    03-17-10 02:10 AM
    IMO, if you can't provide mobile device software for under $20, you're out of touch with reality...and the consumer.
    03-17-10 05:45 AM
    Anybody got an ota link for the im+ lite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Should be in Appworld and I think it's here on CB in the Appstore.
    03-17-10 06:22 AM
    I get a little angry on this now and then >.>

Paid $3-ish for it on the iPod Touch i think, and its great. But i want it for my 9700..... and no way in **** am i payin $40 for it. i would think about it at $20... but seriously it's a bit messed up...

The free one doesn't connect to skype for more than 30 mins. thats not good enough for me. and nimbuzz keeps losing the connection and re-sending me all my IMs for the last hour. Annoying...but i will still go with nimbuzz. at least there's no ads taking up half the screen.

I don't care if you can transfer the app between how-ever-many devices you might have for the $40, but i would be happy to pay another $3 if i change my blackberry. ALSO, other app makers let you transfer your registration FREE OF CHARGE to another blackberry, and they dont charge the world for the app in the first place.
    04-01-10 06:20 AM
    I get a little angry on this now and then >.>

Paid $3-ish for it on the iPod Touch i think, and its great. But i want it for my 9700..... and no way in **** am i payin $40 for it. i would think about it at $20... but seriously it's a bit messed up...

The free one doesn't connect to skype for more than 30 mins. thats not good enough for me. and nimbuzz keeps losing the connection and re-sending me all my IMs for the last hour. Annoying...but i will still go with nimbuzz. at least there's no ads taking up half the screen.

I don't care if you can transfer the app between how-ever-many devices you might have for the $40, but i would be happy to pay another $3 if i change my blackberry. ALSO, other app makers let you transfer your registration FREE OF CHARGE to another blackberry, and they dont charge the world for the app in the first place.
    Well, your a day late and a dollar short...this was deal of the day yesterday for $20.

But thru crackberry all apps are on sale for 20% off till april 4th, just enter "super" in promo box at check out. Brings it down to $32. A little better then $40. Probably will be a while before it goes on deal of the day again.
    04-01-10 07:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD