SHAPE Services announced a free IM+ on BlackBerry.
    The app could be easily download from SHAPE's website or wapsite.
    03-01-10 02:05 PM
    DL'd about 30 mins ago. Checking it out now. I have had the native AIM bb app. Liked it, but dl'd beejive the other day for use of the facebook chat. one my 30 day trial now, gonna check this out and see if i should buy beejive or keep im+ lite.
    03-01-10 02:17 PM
    Does not offer IM push. They need lower the price of the paid version with this free one now available.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-01-10 02:29 PM
    Is this a trial or a true light version? The downlink link says "Try"
    03-01-10 02:32 PM
    The lite version is free.
    03-01-10 02:36 PM
    Thank you.
    03-01-10 02:41 PM
    IM push? This is cool! I won mine here but I think I updated or something or maybe it was the mistaken wipe and I need to find my registration info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 02:53 PM
    The free version doesn't support push.
    03-01-10 02:56 PM
    This is a true light version!

Is this a trial or a true light version? The downlink link says "Try"
    03-01-10 03:07 PM
    Just to clarify (not necessarily a bad thing, but thought it should be added to this thread), as it says on their website:

* Lite version is ad-based and does not offer IMPush/Stay online and Speech Recognition functionality.
    03-01-10 03:27 PM
    Just to clarify (not necessarily a bad thing, but thought it should be added to this thread), as it says on their website:

* Lite version is ad-based and does not offer IMPush/Stay online and Speech Recognition functionality.
    agreed...so the question is, does having those things you list worth $40 extra.
    03-01-10 03:51 PM
    Doesn't matter. Good free FB chat now Thanks Guys @ Shape!
    03-01-10 03:53 PM
    I installed this on my tour and i wasnt getting the messages my friend sent me but they received messages i sent on fb chat.Anyone had a issue with the other person not receiving your messages.
    03-01-10 03:56 PM
    I installed it this morning and the only prob Im having is that it keeps updating my MySpace status automatically, so far today it has updated my status like 20x :|
    03-01-10 03:57 PM
    Shape The Best!
    03-01-10 03:58 PM
    Shape The Best!
    did you change any settings?my friends was getting my messages but i wasnt getting theres on facebook chat.thanks.
    03-01-10 04:02 PM
    I have been using the paid version for quite a while now, started using it on my old Nokia E61 and transferred the license to my BB over a year ago.... I agree that $40 is insane, I think I might have paid $20 when I purchased a couple of years ago.

But if/when they drop the price, the PUSH feature is awesome..... You get your IM's delivered to your e-mail, so it is TRUE push notifications. You can open up the IM+ app and start chatting, or you can just reply to the e-mail and it is delivered the same way. Push messaging = no battery drain.... their support team has been pretty good to me too. Glad to see they have released a FREE version, but to get the full experience, you really need the push feature... you can stay online all the time and never worry about your battery....

EDIT: With Smartalerts I have also set this up so all pushed IM's in my inbox have a different alert sound/LED color so I always know that it is an IM before I even look at my phone.
    03-01-10 04:14 PM
    The site says its a 7 day trial.
    03-01-10 04:26 PM
    The site says its a 7 day trial.
    Thats for the paid version. Look to the left of it, or look for where it says IM lite.
    03-01-10 04:30 PM
    thats for the paid version. Look to the left of it, or look for where it says im lite.
    ok thank you very much.
    03-01-10 04:41 PM
    agreed...so the question is, does having those things you list worth $40 extra.
    Well, that's what I paid for
    03-01-10 05:36 PM
    That was before the free version. Basically push email is the main difference and that is a pretty big price tag. So far according to my poll they would have sold 6 app at $20 versus 1 at $40. That's a big difference for the short time the poll has been up.

Of course people will choose lower price but it still shows they would sell more at a reasonable price.

I would understand more if there wasn't a free version now. That changes things IMO.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-01-10 06:59 PM
    I think it's a hard sell even without the free version. Even if you hate the RIM clients or Beejive, it's $40 vs $0 or $10-$15...

How many people are going to opt for that? Not most, that's for sure...
    03-01-10 07:03 PM
    I got the lite version this afternoon and the push notifications are working for me, and no i dont have the trial. for a free messenger app its about as good as it gets. especially since it has facebook chat
    03-01-10 07:07 PM
    I think it's a hard sell even without the free version. Even if you hate the RIM clients or Beejive, it's $40 vs $0 or $10-$15...

How many people are going to opt for that? Not most, that's for sure...
    If you go to the Itunes store, you see that they are getting the $40 app for $4.99. Whats wrong with this picture.

Is there something different? I am getting sick of having to pay huge prices for blackberry apps when the Iphone people get things cheap. I was thinking $20 was fair, but when I see the $5 for iphone, gets me to thinking that $20 is to high.

I think there needs to be a deal of the day for this app tomorrow.
    03-01-10 07:17 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD