Nothing different really, they just know they would sell probably 2 copies total if it was $40 on the Apple app store.

Look at Beejive, the pricing is basically all the same for all platforms. They used to charge more but as they sold to more platforms they lowered the price to meet the market in a better way. Shape did not do this at all...
    03-01-10 07:24 PM
    besides the push feature there is no reason to buy im+ espiecially now with the free version..

just get nimbuzz all the im clients non of the hassle.
    03-01-10 09:06 PM
    Tried it and it works nice, but It don't have refresh feature. My online buddies in facebook are still online even though they don't
    03-01-10 09:22 PM
    so the lite does not have push? excuse my ignorance, but what is PUSH?
    03-01-10 09:22 PM
    instant notification of msgs?
    Last edited by touch_my_storm; 03-01-10 at 10:12 PM.
    03-01-10 10:10 PM
    You can completely exit the app while staying signed in/available to chat (saves your battery life, same as without the app). All messages are delivered via email (pushed to your BB, rather than constantly retrieving data) , you can reply to email to reply to the message or open the app to continue the chat.
    03-01-10 10:57 PM
    I like this theme. Where can I find more like it?
    03-01-10 11:14 PM
    this lite version is killing my memory
    03-01-10 11:32 PM
    this lite version is killing my memory
    me too. i had 25 mb free before installing then i used to app for around 20 mins and it was down to 10 mb free.
    03-02-10 05:16 AM
    More crappy lack of error handling in this one. Uncaught exception. Bye bye, IM+.
    03-02-10 06:52 AM
    Thanks for the push question! I need to get my license info for my full version. Is that stuff the info in the app store? I have it in my inbox on the PC if I can find my print out in DH's abyss of an office!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 08:52 AM
    i'll pass on the lite version and just keep waiting for Nimbuzz to be compatible with 5.0 if it ever is LOL!
    03-02-10 09:09 AM
    I've been using Nimbuzz for the past few months and it works decently compared to IM+ Lite. I just compared the two and Nimbuzz wins hands down. BeeJive IM isn't 5.0 compatible so Nimbuzz is the best for now until BeeJive updates their version. Nimbuzz is ALL FREE unlike BeeJive so I'm more than likely going to stay on this one for good.
    03-06-10 01:37 PM
    I've been using Nimbuzz for the past few months and it works decently compared to IM+ Lite. I just compared the two and Nimbuzz wins hands down. BeeJive IM isn't 5.0 compatible so Nimbuzz is the best for now until BeeJive updates their version. Nimbuzz is ALL FREE unlike BeeJive so I'm more than likely going to stay on this one for good.
    I had no luck using Nimbuzz after upgrading to OS 5, in fact I see a lot of people can't use it on OS5. Beejive however has released a new version for blackberry OS5:

Beejive - instant messaging anywhere
    03-06-10 03:07 PM
    They should fix the versions they already have out before putting out new, broken versions.

Kind of reminds me of Thunderbird. Just keep adding features and feature and never fix anything.
    03-07-10 03:14 AM
    If you go to the Itunes store, you see that they are getting the $40 app for $4.99. Whats wrong with this picture.

Is there something different? I am getting sick of having to pay huge prices for blackberry apps when the Iphone people get things cheap. I was thinking $20 was fair, but when I see the $5 for iphone, gets me to thinking that $20 is to high.

I think there needs to be a deal of the day for this app tomorrow.
    They should fix the versions they already have out before putting out new, broken versions.

Kind of reminds me of Thunderbird. Just keep adding features and feature and never fix anything.
    I totally agree with that.
    That is why I barely buy apps for my blackberry.
    ESPECIALLY because I have an iPod Touch & I paid $4.99 for the damn IM+ & Now they want me to pay $40+ for the blackberry.
    03-07-10 03:23 AM
    BeeJive is 5.0 compatible seeing as I use it daily

I couldn't get IM+ Lite to work right on my Bold. It wouldn't let me scroll down and there were blank spaces where there should've been usernames. BeeJive still wins imo.
    03-07-10 05:02 AM
    BeeJive is 5.0 compatible seeing as I use it daily

I couldn't get IM+ Lite to work right on my Bold. It wouldn't let me scroll down and there were blank spaces where there should've been usernames. BeeJive still wins imo.
    It's $10 right? The beejive one?
    Because I think beejive is way better than IM+.
    03-07-10 05:04 AM
    It's $10 right? The beejive one?
    Because I think beejive is way better than IM+.
    Beejive is $9.99 for 1 device, if you want it so you can transfer it from one blackberry to another it is $14.99.

I could not get beejive to to push email properly. I ended up getting the IM+, I had a 20% coupon laying around I could use, so I swallowed hard, looked the other way and paid $31 for it. But I wanted the working email push, and it works flawless on IM+. So in the end, I pay more, but get what I want.

Dont get me wrong, I will never suggest IM+ to anyone without tellling them about beejive, IM+ is just way over priced. If email push is not important to you, by no means use IM+, you can get beejive and save a lot of money. And if you do want IM+, wait till you buy something from mobihand and use that 20% off coupon you get, makes it double the cost of beejive with transferrable license. But this is the only way I will suggest IM+. It is way overpriced at $40, and I would not have paid $40 for it, I barely coughed up $31, and I still feel like I got raped, lol.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 03-07-10 at 07:18 AM.
    03-07-10 07:12 AM
    Im+ lite is nice, free and works on OS5, bye nimbuzz

03-07-10 08:10 AM
    I tried the paid trial and it was great. Now trying the lite version on my 9700, it keeps crashing and contacts who are online do not show up....can only see offline contacts listed. Wtf. I've updated the firmware twice since the trial, wonder if its now got compatibility issues. If the paid app was cheaper I'd just buy it.

03-30-10 10:24 PM
    Why is IM+ Lite not available on my Sprint Bold 9650?

UPDATE: My question above still stands, but I could download and install this app directly from the developer by going to wap.shapeservices.com.
    Last edited by Razor1973; 07-27-10 at 04:36 PM.
    07-27-10 03:49 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD