My Storm died a few days ago and upon receiving my new replacement one, I discovered that AP Mobile News had disappeared from the free downloadable landscape in Canada!

I was extremely disappointed as this was my FAVORITE app!

Alas, I hear that they've now made it a paid app. So in response, I thought I'd start a thread on where people are moving to INSTEAD of AP MOBILE NEWS to get their news.

Maybe the folks at AP News will reconsider and relaunch a free AP Mobile News with ads and a paid one without any ads.

In any case, I'm trying out Pocket Express for my free news.

What are you using to look for news now?
    04-02-09 11:13 PM
    I'm using what I've used for months, an RSS reader... but I also have CNN's launcher installed, I read that quite a bit. at least CNN aren't greedy bastards *yet*

CNN.com - Mobile Services
    04-02-09 11:44 PM
    New York Times and Viigo right now - too bad there isn't another app that actually pre-loads the news fully onto your BBerry - it's a hassle for the subway.

...oh, or an app that has some CANADIAN news would be nice too...
    04-02-09 11:46 PM
    Well then you'd look on google for push news services for Canada, then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:54 PM
    How would you do that?

Thanks in advance from a Storm/Blackberry newbie...

Well then you'd look on google for push news services for Canada, then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 03:13 AM
    NYT and Washington Post. And browse as necessary.
    04-03-09 06:51 AM
    WSJ reader is made for the Storm, functions great... one of my most used Apps. You can use it as a RSS reader too, just put in your own feeds.

This is an actual App, not just an internet shortcut like most of the news 'apps'.
    04-03-09 07:03 AM
    I think the thing that I liked about the AP News app was that it was an actual application - anyone know of an actual app where there is readable news like it?

Viigo is ok, but you still have to download the "full story" - something you didn't have to do with AP News.

WSJ reader is made for the Storm, functions great... one of my most used Apps. You can use it as a RSS reader too, just put in your own feeds.

This is an actual App, not just an internet shortcut like most of the news 'apps'.
    04-03-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD