Which IM client for the tour should i buy. i use aim,FB,Yahoo. please let me know thanks.
    12-28-09 06:30 PM
    AIM and Yahoo are both free so I'm not sure why you want to "buy" an IM Client. I use Google Talk, Yahoo, and Blackberry Messenger, all of which are free. Facebook is on the BBerry but the chat function isn't functional to my knowledge.
    12-28-09 06:34 PM
    There are a couple of free I'm clients that support AIM, Facebook and Yahoo. Nimbuzz is one. I use Beejive, which has a 30 day free trial, afterwhich, you'll need to pay for a license. I find beejive very stable and has a good UI. It also integrates with you sms/email inbox, so you will be able to access your I'm chats from there. Give it a test drive (since it's a free trial) and just delete it should you think it doesn't meet your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:12 PM
    Beejive, in a word is the cadillac of them all. I use it, and the ability to only use one messenger for all my accounts is worth it by itself. But, as stated earlier, the interface (UI) is fabulous as is the configurability.

I'd recommend Beejive
    12-28-09 07:21 PM
    I use beejive myself. I have tried all the stand alone apps but I just like having everthing in one messenger program.
    12-28-09 08:19 PM
    I've had no trouble with nimbuzz at all. Using it with aim, y!, icq, gtalk, msn, skype, fb, and myspace all at the same time. Of course, with all those active at same time it gets really chatty and starts battery gobbling...

12-28-09 09:37 PM
    Skype is one IM that beejive does not support. I hope the next version or update of beejive includes Skype.

12-28-09 09:45 PM
    I love Beejive and and it is my most used App, But i have been having problems with it on the Tours OS.
    01-06-10 10:17 AM
    I've had no trouble with nimbuzz at all. Using it with aim, y!, icq, gtalk, msn, skype, fb, and myspace all at the same time. Of course, with all those active at same time it gets really chatty and starts battery gobbling...

nimbuzz is great but it eats up my battery like nothing.

when nimbuzz is running i only get ~4hours before my phone is completely dead. i usually get ~16-20 hours when it's off.
    01-06-10 10:36 AM
    Beejive for me!
    01-07-10 07:17 AM
    Personally, I have found that I like BeeJive the best. The interface has a very clean look, I haven't had a lot of disconnect issues, and it seems to handle push-IM okay when running in the background. The two improvements I would like to see with BeeJive is Facebook friends getting parsed into standard categories (for family shows up under Family...), and Skype Chat.

I think the next on my list is IM+. The interface is not as clean, but it does parse out facebook friends into the different groups (with 800+ FB friends, my Facebook tab in BeeJive gets to be pretty long). I like the way IM+ also handles push-IM. You can actually reply to friends via the e-mail message sent to your BB rather than having to open the app again. The three issues I have with IM+: Price - it's way too expensive, but not bad when it goes on sale. It could use a cleaner interface - one that doesn't use up so much screen space when sorting all your buddies into groups. Their Push-IM service sometimes doesn't stop. You open the app, it leaves Push-IM mode, you log out and it still sends IMs to the e-mail box, even if you don't active push mode again.

NimBuzz is probably the best of the free apps. The problem I have with it is the lag time and battery drain. With 800+ FB friends, it took 5+ minutes to load the initial buddy list. It would also lag as people logged on/off. If I disconnect from FB, it works fine. I think the number of people on your buddy list can be the deciding factor for using NimBuzz.

The last one (and the one I hoped would be better) is Palringo. If you are NOT running OS 5.0, then the current version of Palringo works. With OS 5.0, it hangs on startup. The other problems with Palringo are no notifications (other than a "bing" that you can't change) for new messages (not even an icon change), and you ahve to press the trackball to send messages. They've said an update is forthcoming to add in new features, but that's been said for about a year now.
    01-07-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD