I have Yahoo, AIM, and Windows messenger all set up on my BB. I usually seldom use them. I have noticed that even though I have signed out of them last time I used them often times I will find them logged in and saying I am available. If I don't know they are signed in obviously I am not paying attention to them. I for sure know t hat they will start themselves after a battery pull reboot. Also they autostart when the BB has been turned off and then restarted.
    How do I get them to only sign in when *I* sign in and not do it on their own?
    Thanks for any insight.
    10-23-09 09:54 AM
    On the sign in screen of each app, there should be a box that you can check or uncheck that says Auto Sign In. Leave that box unchecked.
    10-23-09 10:40 AM
    Damn, too simple. I looked for something like that...maybe I thought it meant auto-sign in only when I open the app...didn't know it means any old time it wants to. Thanks. That was painless.
    10-23-09 11:06 AM
    I yanked those programs I don't use off my berry, which leaves more free memory, which in turn makes your berry faster/more responsive.

Not hard to do...C/program files/common files/RIM/shared/loader files/your OS/java

BE VERY CAREFUL AS YOU CAN JACK YOUR PHONE UP REALLY EASILY WHEN DELETING THESE FILES.

Next find the files of things you don't need...like the stock wallpapers/stock demo video/AIM/enhanced gay gmail plugin ect...

Delete what you don't want on the phone

Then run the loader.exe which is in C/program files/common files/RIM/App loader/loader.exe

LIKE I SAID....DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU DELETE THE WRONG THINGS YOU WILL MOST DEFINITELY BRICK YOUR BERRY ON THE SPOT.

Any questions....look here How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    10-23-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD