Hello,

I am having trouble trying to get iheartradio to stream over my WiFi connection. I have other streaming apps, such as, Pandora, Slacker, FlyCast, TuneIn, and Media Player for YouTube, and they all stream just fine.

When I started up iheartradio, it will detect that I have a working WiFi connection, the app goes to fetch the configurations, radio stations, etc and start normally. After the app starts, I choose a radio station, and I can get into the radio station and I can see that it tries to connect and buffer the stream. It even downloads the currently playing stream album artwork with no problem. After a short while, it just stops and does nothing. I can click Play again, it will try to buffer...then it stops and does nothing. At this point, I can only guess that the app is having trouble connecting and maintaining a connection to the stream, but not anything else.

The only time I can stream successfully with iheartradio is when the connection is 3G instead of WiFi (WiFi is off) and my APN is specifically set to wap.cingular with the associated credential. The app does not work on 3G either if the APN is not set. All the other streaming apps I have work just fine even with the APN not set. Only iheartradio is being peculiar. I am on AT&T 200 MB BIS data plan, so obviously I would prefer to do everything over WiFi whenever possible, and only the essentials (email & BBM) over 3G when WiFi is off. I am still using OS 5.0.0.405 (BB 9700) and I don't have any plan to upgrade the OS as the OS works well enough for me till now.

Anyone with similar experience?
    10-21-10 04:08 PM
    I'm sorry for asking, but why do you need so many feeds? Just to see if it can be done? You have five, from what I can see.
    I just love playing with media apps on BB I suppose. Each of these media apps has its own strong points and I feel they complement one another well.

Also, coming from my previous BB, Bold 9000 with its chronically small app memory, I just like to load apps into my current 9700, try them out, keep them if I like, remove if I don't. I have loaded quite a good number of apps and I still have about 70 MB of free app memory, I don't think I could say the same with 9000. I didn't even do any "slimming down" of the OS which I did in the past with 9000.
    10-21-10 05:12 PM
    I may be missing something. They compliment one another? You can only play one at a time. FlyCast woks for me, but then I'm not new to the Blackberry. Wow.
    Yep, they complement one another. One is music-oriented, one is news-oriented, one is a mixture of both, etc. I play only one at a time depending on whether I want to listen to music or news.
    10-21-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD