I know there are a million threads on the Error 523, but mine started with iheartradio app. Its been working perfectly for months since i downloaded. This morning i tried to start it up and it prompted me to update, i hesitated but decided to go ahead and do so... thats when it all went downhill. I get "a network error occurred, iheartradio must quit". i click ok and the app closes. i try and open it up again and after waiting for it to fetch stations, i get the same thing. after the 3rd time trying to get my favorite app to open, the screen goes white and i get the Error 523 and am forced to reset the phone. i deleted the app (which isnt taking the icon off my phone for some reason, but isnt in the app list inside 'options'). i had it re-installed and did a battery pull and nothing is changing the situation. this phone frustrates me daily, from absolutely no memory (16.6MB after a battery pull down to 1.2 by end of the day) and now this... if it isnt one thing its another... i have NO themes installed and am running 5.0.0.328 OS. Apps installed are: BBlight, cbstorm, GT blackjack, iheartradio, monopoly here & now, my verizon, opera mini, papajohns, quickpull lite, screenlock, slacker radio, song id, storm level, v cast videos, visual voice mail, weatherbug, and you tube. if you noticed, i deleted the bing app, but the stupid icon is still there, just like when i deleted iheartradio to solve the issue. before i use this phone as a Frisbee, HELP. thank you!!!!
    12-09-09 10:58 AM
    I haven't gotten error 523 yet but I am having the same problems with the network error. This happens during the station fetch. Someone on the iheartradio website suggested installing 1.0 then allowing that application to upgrade to 2.0. After an install and a reboot later, same error, no luck. Sorry ClearChannel but you're about to lose a mobile listener...
    12-09-09 12:02 PM
    the 523 error only comes up after i try and start the app a few times in a row. the network error occurs for me during the station fetch too. i liked this app better than moodio which was "moody" about start ups and keeping the station running.
    12-09-09 12:34 PM
    I missed Glenn Beck to this crap today! I think its part of the conspiracy to dumb down America. Well it gave me time to catch Fall Of The Republic on YouTube.

I'm looking harder at the Android because of things like this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 12:58 PM
    well, if theres one thing i learned from this POS phone, i refuse to run out and buy the first realsed version of any phone. what a headache. i spend more time rebooting, battery pulls, deleting apps, losing phone calls, freezing, (i could go on for hours), etc... the Droid is inviting, but as a first release, im sure it will have bugs, doubtfully as bad as the Storm 1.
    12-09-09 01:05 PM
    The flash player is a huge bonus for me. Let's see how well that works when it comes out. I also wanted an exterior ballistics app which I finally found one for the BB. It isn't great, but it works.

The only fix I have found for my problem is to do a full wipe and reload the software...WTF!?! This is a not looking good for one who's only internet connection is through tethering.
    Last edited by gee223; 12-09-09 at 01:30 PM.
    12-09-09 01:24 PM
    What’s an exterior ballistics app? My contract isn’t up till august, by then we will see what’s out or if the droid has ironed out any bugs they might have. I don’t get why I should be happy about a phone that I have to reset (battery pull) daily just to keep it running OK, not great or even good, just ok? I would be embarrassed if I was RIM. They should GIVE all Storm1 owners a free upgrade to the Storm2 just to compensate us for all the brain aneurysms over the past 2 years.
    12-09-09 02:32 PM
    [QUOTE=bospider01;4266303]I know there are a million threads on the Error 523, but mine started with iheartradio app. [QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with iheart, after I did the upgrade. Deleted, installed, set permissions, etc, etc, etc, 3 times. Finally chucked it! Hopefully they'll fix it.
    12-09-09 03:09 PM
    An exterior ballistics program is for long range shooting. You punch in all your variables and it calculates your trajectory and windage for you. Then once the hard work is done you just dial in your scope and theoretically your on target. Its pretty cool when it goes as planned. Even the one I have for this Storm works very well. I've entered identical variables in several online programs and compared this free one I have to it and it is very close, usually within 1/4 MOA (moa = 1.05" at 100yds). Its a version of pejsa ballistics.xls if your interested. You download it from jacksonrifles.com to your pc and email it to your BB. Its a spread sheet type program that work with documents to go.

I got iheart to work. I deleted the new version, went back and downloaded 1.0 and when I tried to open it up it took forever, but it popped up as 2.2 with my channels saved and I didn't have to accept an agreement again. Odd, but I'm happy. It still says v1.0.0 at the bottom too?

12-09-09 03:29 PM
    moving to 3rd party apps
    12-09-09 06:27 PM
    *update*

opened up the iheartradio app this morning and it worked. maybe clear channel had a bad day yesterday? i dont know. regardless, it worked this morning with the upgraded version installed. had my favs in there from before, so i guess we're good to go. that ballistics thing sounds cool. im not a hunter, but i bet thats a nice app to have if you are!
    12-10-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD