Hi folks!

There's a brand new version of iheartradio for BlackBerry...version 2.2! This version loads MUCH MUCH faster and includes full support for the Storm2.

You can snag it by going to iheartradio.com from your BlackBerry browser, or visiting this link.

You may also be prompted to upgrade if you already have it on your device. There will also be a Verizon Wireless-specific version that will include purchase links with Verizon's Rhapsody partnership.

In addition to performance improvements...here's what else is new:

• More than 350 of America's favorite stations
    • Exclusive video performances and on-demand content
    • Critically acclaimed genre-defying channels
    • Bookmark stations and tag songs
    • Randomize feature for discovery of new channels

Hope you like the new version of iheartradio!
    12-04-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks! I just randomly checked for this a few days ago and no luck.

And you're right, it's faster. Way faster.
    Last edited by tmarkt; 12-04-09 at 05:22 PM.
    12-04-09 05:19 PM
    I am not able to select cities. I see the list, but I can't scroll down and I can't type different cities. I have a Blackberry Tour and did not have this issue with the 1.0 version. You should take a look at the comments in BB App World. Many people are having issues. Sometimes making their phones freeze. Luckily the only problem I have seen is described above, and my favorite stations are still accessible.
    12-05-09 10:21 PM
    it still sucks.....always in buffering and no sounds,,,my wifi signal is great and i wonder why
    03-15-10 08:27 AM
    ever since I got 5.0 i cannot get the sound to play from the phone speaker it only plays thru the ear piece which is extremely annoying to have to hold the phone to ur ear to listen!!
    03-15-10 08:34 AM
    OK...I'm reporting these problems to our iheartradio team...we'll try to figure out what the problem is. Shouldn't be related to 5.0, as that's working fine on the Storm series...
    03-15-10 10:16 AM
    Will be checking it out latter today and hopefully, iheart will resume after emails, calls, etc... without having to hit play! Since the beginning this has been the iheart deal-breaker for me.
    03-15-10 10:42 AM
    Well, it's a no-go! Here I am 30' from BlackBerry, as it's plugged into the job radio and I get an email. Once again, yet another update and iheart still will not auto resume playback! I know they don't have to cater to my needs! But I can't believe I'm the only one that doesn't like hitting play every single time I get an alert!

Can't wait for another update so I can give iheart another try. Till then it's Moodio and FlyCast!
    03-15-10 11:49 AM
    hopefully this is the right place to post...

say i use this for about 1 hour, during my cardio at the gym to be specific, how much data would I be using approx?
    03-15-10 06:44 PM
    When visiting iheartradio.com, it just tells, that my BB version is not supported. I'm on 9520, I thought if 9530 or 9550 is supported then 9500 or 9520 also should be supported.
    03-27-10 03:43 PM
    hopefully this is the right place to post...

say i use this for about 1 hour, during my cardio at the gym to be specific, how much data would I be using approx?
    I don't know about an hour, but I stream for at least an hour per day and up to 8 hours, at least 3-5 day per week and have never gone over 3 Gigabytes [GB] per month. And I just checked my Sprint data and my billing cycle just reset on the 24th and I haven't streamed today. So two days worth of streaming radio for is 215 megabytes [MB] and I streamed at least 10 hours most of which was FlyCast, but the data for iheart should be about the same.
    03-27-10 04:09 PM
    I can't find what new stations they put on. Can I find a list somewhere without upgrading? I am about to delete it since I only wanted it for one station.
    03-28-10 08:37 AM
    Well, it's a no-go! Here I am 30' from BlackBerry, as it's plugged into the job radio and I get an email. Once again, yet another update and iheart still will not auto resume playback! I know they don't have to cater to my needs! But I can't believe I'm the only one that doesn't like hitting play every single time I get an alert!

Can't wait for another update so I can give iheart another try. Till then it's Moodio and FlyCast!
    Not sure if this works with Iheart as I haven't been using it (see my post a few up for reason) but on Nobex Radio if you put phone on vibrate or silent when streaming it will not interrupt your stream, now phone calls obviously are a different story. Good Luck!
    03-28-10 07:23 PM
    Is anybody else having an issue with I Heart Radio on their S2 after installing the latest (.607) update from Verizon? Ever since that update when I load the app and click play it will start buffering and the button will change to 'stop,' but before I hear anything it just stops and the button changes to 'play.' If I hit it again the same thing happens.

I have tried uninstalling and rebooting then reinstalling, but I still have the same issue.

Thanks.
    04-12-10 12:05 PM
    Did they fix it so that the stream simply pauses when you get a text or BBM, instead of having to manually re-start the stream?
    04-12-10 03:08 PM
    Won't let me download. I went to iheartradio.com on my bb browser and it downloaded the old version. When I click the other link in the post it won't let me select blackberry. Any other ota links for 2.2? I'm on a bb curve 8330 with sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 08:08 PM
    Won't let me download. I went to iheartradio.com on my bb browser and it downloaded the old version. When I click the other link in the post it won't let me select blackberry. Any other ota links for 2.2? I'm on a bb curve 8330 with sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://cdn.ccomrcdn.com/cc-common/de...heartradio.jad
    04-12-10 08:29 PM
    This thread is from last year. So no new iheartradio versions to be had yet.
    Also iheartradio is not broke and .607 is the problem on 9550's.
    04-12-10 10:31 PM
    Kinda cruel bumping this thread given all the problems the iHeartRadio app is having with the 5.0 OS, sheesh. LOL.

They're working on a fix.
    04-12-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD