After the program has run, and you close the application, it still continues to transfer data. Yes, the application is TOTALLY closed. The data transfer arrows in the top right hand corner continue to remain very active in and out, and do not shut down until a restart (Altl/Rt Shift/Del). It does not require a full battery pull, but to have to wait for a reboot is annoying.
    I too also have an 8900 and have the same problem, unless you turn off/on the blackberry after closing this app your battery will drain quickly. Unless I can find a solution to this bug, I'm going to uninstall.

Please help us resolve the "close app" issue.
    05-18-09 12:38 PM
    What types of radio stations or genres of music are you interested in listening to, bearkat38?
    Initially, I was looking for my local R&B stations (Washington DC), which I couldn't find. Then I went looking for any stations that carry Steve Harvey in the morning, and Michael Baisden in the afternoon, to no avail. Granted, I didn't go through EVERY station but after checking 6 or 7 in some pretty major markets, I gave up. This is my wife's curve, and this is what she likes.
    05-18-09 12:53 PM
    I was wondering how to get more local stations. I'm in Cincinnati and would love to get country stations from here on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:58 PM
    I too also have an 8900 and have the same problem, unless you turn off/on the blackberry after closing this app your battery will drain quickly. Unless I can find a solution to this bug, I'm going to uninstall.

I can't say for sure, but it seems that the thread that was started with such wonton joy, has now been abandoned by them, because I called iHeartRadio out on their flagrant disregard for issues that may arise. Repeat... Not cool.

I still feel that it has the potential to be #1, but without support for the application, I think I must now backtrack on any endorsements. To those that it is working perfectly for, great. But there are the "other" free radio apps that would love to take iHeart users away and become #1. I may have to follow the calling.
    05-18-09 01:26 PM
    Initially, I was looking for my local R&B stations (Washington DC), which I couldn't find. Then I went looking for any stations that carry Steve Harvey in the morning, and Michael Baisden in the afternoon, to no avail. Granted, I didn't go through EVERY station but after checking 6 or 7 in some pretty major markets, I gave up. This is my wife's curve, and this is what she likes.
    We can help you out with that!
    Any time you are looking for a station that carries particular personalities or programming, just reach out to us and we will help!

A station we would recommend to you that has both Steve Harvey AND Michael Baisden is: Mix 92.3 in Detroit. You can find this by going into All Cities > Detroit > Mix 92.3.

As far as local R&B stations in the DC area, we are continuously working to add many more formats and stations to iHeartRadio. For now, I would explore the Slow Jams channel if you can not find another local station that carries R&B.

I hope that helps you out!
    05-18-09 01:26 PM
    I can't say for sure, but it seems that the thread that was started with such wonton joy, has now been abandoned by them, because I called iHeartRadio out on their flagrant disregard for issues that may arise. Repeat... Not cool.

I still feel that it has the potential to be #1, but without support for the application, I think I must now backtrack on any endorsements. To those that it is working perfectly for, great. But there are the "other" free radio apps that would love to take iHeart users away and become #1. I may have to follow the calling.
    We are working to resolve this issue, MADBRADNYC. We should be getting back to you momentarily!
    05-18-09 01:27 PM

We are working on finding a solution to this issue and will keep you updated.
    05-18-09 01:29 PM
    I was wondering how to get more local stations. I'm in Cincinnati and would love to get country stations from here on it.

We are adding more local stations to iHeartRadio again very shortly. Which station are you looking for in particular?

For now, you can listen to two of our great all Country music channels:Country Road and New Country. Please let us know what you think!
    05-18-09 01:32 PM
    We are working to resolve this issue, MADBRADNYC. We should be getting back to you momentarily!
    It's Alive!!!

Oh. Yeah. Not to try and continue to be negative about it, but to be honest, I wont hold my breath. I have been reporting this from the first day you announced the application.

You need to add a "check for update" option in the app, because I will not wait for a true reply at this point. Scratch that, no need. uninstalling as I write this.

I guess I should be consoled by the "were looking into it" reply, that I felt was due in the first place, huh.
    05-18-09 01:40 PM
    whereas I understand MADBRADNYC's frustration, I will wait for the fix.

Please let me know when/how to proceed. Thanks!

Quick question, when do you anticipate you'll have an answer to the problem?
    Last edited by cb8900; 05-18-09 at 03:31 PM.
    05-18-09 01:51 PM
    We can help you out with that!
    Any time you are looking for a station that carries particular personalities or programming, just reach out to us and we will help!

A station we would recommend to you that has both Steve Harvey AND Michael Baisden is: Mix 92.3 in Detroit. You can find this by going into All Cities > Detroit > Mix 92.3.

As far as local R&B stations in the DC area, we are continuously working to add many more formats and stations to iHeartRadio. For now, I would explore the Slow Jams channel if you can not find another local station that carries R&B.

I hope that helps you out!
    Thank you, and I officially apologize for my rant!
    05-18-09 03:46 PM
    Momentarily. I have been waiting months now.

More than 4 hours later. If it was still installed and closed out, I would not have any battery power left to even look at this thread.

Great potential for an app, no support for it.
    05-18-09 05:53 PM
    whereas I understand MADBRADNYC's frustration, I will wait for the fix.

Please let me know when/how to proceed. Thanks!

Quick question, when do you anticipate you'll have an answer to the problem?
    I noticed your edit hours later. Still waiting for instructions on "how to proceed" huh. But, I'm sure he can tell you a station to listen to for an application with a bug. If you open it you will not have any battery left to follow any instructions. Whenever they fix it. It has been months for me.

Hope you have better luck.
    05-18-09 05:59 PM
    iHeartRadio, I'm starting to agree more and more with MADBRADNYC, what is your definition of momentarily?

Do you anticipate a fix today? tomorrow? next week? Please give us a time line.

Thanks
    05-18-09 06:00 PM
    2 thumbs up from me to Iheart Radio.
    I'm a big fan of talk radio...one of my favorites -CoasttoCoast am. You've definitely covered that base , I'm on the east coast able to enjoy 10:00pm replay from day before and 1:00am live broadcast which is very cool.
    05-18-09 07:46 PM
    We are adding more local stations to iHeartRadio again very shortly. Which station are you looking for in particular?

For now, you can listen to two of our great all Country music channels:Country Road and New Country. Please let us know what you think!
    I'm looking for b105 [105.1] and the wolf [96.5]. I can't get them at work, and would love to listen to them. Ok cool, ill give them a listen! Thanks.

05-18-09 10:49 PM
    Well...congrats to Iheart Radio. As between Pandora, Slacker and IHeart..IHeart is my favorite...BUT...I had to take it off my BB. It just drains my battery waaay too much. After some research, I realize that each of these programs drain the battery, but IHeart is by far the worst...at least on my BB.

So...I use Pandora now...wish I could use IHeart. It really is an amazing application. I just hope that maybe something can be done to lessen the battery drain in the future.
    05-19-09 01:01 AM
    Nice to see iHeart is finally working on the 8830. Last time I went to try iHeart, the 8830 wasn't supported.

I like the variety available on iHeart. I still like Pandora for constant music and viariety, but it is nice to have options.
    05-19-09 08:02 AM
    ANY UPDATE ON 8900 problem you are looking into?

PLEASE GIVE US AN IDEA WHERE ISSUE STANDS.

TY
    05-19-09 10:06 AM
    re continuous data streaming on 8900, i find that stopping the station (and waiting to see the errors stop showing data transfer) before closing the app can avoid the problem.

But I have another problem with this app; on WiFi, works great, on EDGE I can't listen to any station without frequent breaks; FlyCast must be much better in caching stream because it's not an issue.
    05-19-09 02:16 PM
    Good morning tmarkt!
    It's very easy: Just go to www.iheartradio.com on your BlackBerry browser. It should start downloading immediately (for free!) right to your deivice.
    If you still have any questions, you can watch this tutorial: or let me know!
    I've been to iheartradio.com several times and nothing happens. I wonder if there is some setting on my browser that needs to be changed (or maybe Sprint is blocking it... )

Thanks for the response, I'll give it another try.
    05-20-09 08:55 PM
    Good morning tmarkt!
    It's very easy: Just go to www.iheartradio.com on your BlackBerry browser. It should start downloading immediately (for free!) right to your deivice.
    If you still have any questions, you can watch this tutorial: or let me know!
    Just tried it again on my BB and no autodownload happens. I get the page with the link to download the bb app and when I click on it, it goes to another page with another BB download link that does nothing when I click on it.
    05-20-09 09:01 PM
    Ok, I just downloaded it via the app store and it said it installed correctly.
    05-20-09 09:15 PM
    i downloaded the i heart radio on my storm but it wont connect...what do i need to do?
    05-21-09 06:48 PM
    Dont let the man keep you down MAN!

I heart radio and clear channel suck wonky noodles. Long live Opie and Anthony! Down with howard! Down with the oppressive clear channel regime! Ahh-Boooooo!

08-14-09 07:01 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD