Will I have to repurchase most of my third party apps since they use the PIN number to generate the license number? I know DM has a switch device feature that transfers software but I'm assuming I'd have to repurchase a license? Thanks.
    01-04-09 08:01 PM
    I had to switch, and the Switch Device Wizard brought the 3rd party apps over that it had stored in backup with no problems of that sort at all. IIRC, I also re-registered at Crackberry to change the PIN...and have had no problems re-loading apps from the Crackberry AppStore. I can't speak for all apps, but I would think that it would be pretty low-rent of a developer to require re-purchasing each time one switched devices....
    01-05-09 12:44 AM
    some yes and some no. JiveTalk is one that you may depending on which license you purchased
    01-05-09 12:47 AM
    I've found (changing devices far too frequently) that a lot will require a new key. Whether you can sweet talk the vendor is a different question however!

I find BPlay and Magmic who provide games are particularly bad for this.
    01-05-09 05:21 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    01-05-09 08:17 PM
    that is my questions too, i might change to a new device any time soon and thought of buying few apps but worried about when i change to a new device if i have to repurchase the apps
    01-06-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD