like, its in r pin folder with the pin.alx file with all ur apps in them, but the files have .file extensions

how do i convert it to a jad/ota file? (or alx file) (is it possible?)
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 05-30-09 at 07:51 PM.
    05-10-09 03:36 PM
    bump......
    05-30-09 07:51 PM
    I haven't tried to create jad files from my backups but I have created seperate alx files from my 3rd party apps backup. I posted a response to someone asking how to combine multiple backups into one backup and the process for separating them is pretty much the same.

Combine 3rd party backups

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 05-30-09 at 08:39 PM.
    05-30-09 08:33 PM
    I haven't tried to create jad files from my backups but I have created seperate alx files from my 3rd party apps backup. I posted a response to someone asking how to combine multiple backups into one backup and the process for separating them is pretty much the same.

Combine 3rd party backups

thanks dude, been wondering this for long time, now i can try this and if it works, i can give out talklock if ppl want it (free version)
    05-30-09 09:27 PM
    That is a modified version of the process that I use to make a backup of an app. I then have a backup that I can use to reinstall a previous version of an app in case an updated version causes problems.

05-30-09 09:36 PM
    That is a modified version of the process that I use to make a backup of an app. I then have a backup that I can use to reinstall a previous version of an app in case an updated version causes problems.

one problem i seem to come across......whenever i backup 3rd party apps, in the folder, it has the pin.alx file and all the apps, but...all the apps are in .file extensions (Type: FILE) not .java or whatnot...
    05-30-09 09:44 PM
    unless if u can just rename the AppName.file to AppName.cod?
    05-30-09 09:57 PM
    one problem i seem to come across......whenever i backup 3rd party apps, in the folder, it has the pin.alx file and all the apps, but...all the apps are in .file extensions (Type: FILE) not .java or whatnot...
    That is the extension they are supposed to have when you do a backup. They are still java files but the windows explorer doesn't recognize the extension so it just gives it the FILE extension.

05-30-09 10:02 PM
    unless if u can just rename the AppName.file to AppName.cod?
    You don't have to rename them, you can keep them as they are. If you look in the alx file, you will see that none of the files have .cod extensions on them anymore. When the alx is used with the app loader, it will tell the computer how to handle the files.

05-30-09 10:21 PM
    You don't have to rename them, you can keep them as they are. If you look in the alx file, you will see that none of the files have .cod extensions on them anymore. When the alx is used with the app loader, it will tell the computer how to handle the files.

ooo ok, kool, ive made one for TalkLock, just need to kno if it works so i created a thread giving the link to it if neone wants the free version of talklock
    05-30-09 10:30 PM
    ooo ok, kool, ive made one for TalkLock, just need to kno if it works so i created a thread giving the link to it if neone wants the free version of talklock
    It works with the fix that I made.

05-30-09 11:00 PM
    It works with the fix that I made.

kool, ya, i modified my zip file and fixed the error
    05-30-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD