I have a feeling I already know the answer to this.

If I currently own a pearl but purchase a curve, would I have to rebuy every single app that I have on my pearl? (I'm not worrying about themes. There are a lot more free themes for the curve than the pearl, I think!)
    10-04-09 08:37 PM
    Depends if the apps are tied to the PIN or not. Some are, some aren't.
    10-04-09 08:41 PM
    Depends if the apps are tied to the PIN or not. Some are, some aren't.
    So pretty much, it depends on the app? If it ISN'T tied to the PIN are the odds better?
    10-04-09 08:46 PM
    So pretty much, it depends on the app? If it ISN'T tied to the PIN are the odds better?
    Yes, for example I use IM+ and it's serial based. When it connects it validates against a server to make sure only one copy is running.

But others you won't be so lucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 09:44 PM
    One other thing: If you purchased the apps through the CB store,
    Mobihand or AppWorld there is the facility to change your device
    and get a new registration code based on the new PIN.
    10-04-09 09:57 PM
    One other thing: If you purchased the apps through the CB store,
    Mobihand or AppWorld there is the facility to change your device
    and get a new registration code based on the new PIN.
    Is that the case even when changing models? Like Pearl to Curve? Or 9530 to 9550?

10-05-09 12:29 AM
    That's my question. I know how to do a simple PIN change. I'm on my second pearl, so I've done that before. I just don't want to keep buying apps if they won't transfer! I don't have the money to rebuy them! Haha.

10-05-09 01:11 AM
    What about OS level changes, with Crackberry/Mobihand?

Like right now I have 4.5 Apps I purchased for my 8330.

Once the merger goes through for Verizon/Alltel this month I'm getting a Tour (4.7).

Is there a way to request a "status change" on Crackberry/Mobihand to the new OS if available so the right version is sent to me upon download? For example the Clearview theme I purchased, Beyond 160, and so forth and so forth.

d.
    10-05-09 06:02 AM
    Is that the case even when changing models? Like Pearl to Curve? Or 9530 to 9550?
    That's my question. I know how to do a simple PIN change. I'm on my second pearl, so I've done that before. I just don't want to keep buying apps if they won't transfer! I don't have the money to rebuy them! Haha.
    Yes. The only caveat here is to make sure that the app or theme will work
    on whatever the new device is.

What about OS level changes, with Crackberry/Mobihand?

Like right now I have 4.5 Apps I purchased for my 8330.

Once the merger goes through for Verizon/Alltel this month I'm getting a Tour (4.7).

Is there a way to request a "status change" on Crackberry/Mobihand to the new OS if available so the right version is sent to me upon download? For example the Clearview theme I purchased, Beyond 160, and so forth and so forth. d.
    For the purpose of requesting a new registration code the OS version is
    mostly irrelevant.
    10-05-09 02:13 PM
    If the version you bought is compatible with another BB, it will transfer when you do a pin change. I don't have my device defined and that might be why, but I do have pin defined. I have switched 3 storms and before that a curve and a few of those curve apps (berrybuzz) transferred.
    10-05-09 02:19 PM
    Thanks AG, McCracken. I've been wondering how much money I was going to need to set aside to re-customize my 9550 when I get it - turns out, not as much as I'd thought (hopefully)
    10-05-09 02:25 PM
    Thanks for answering my questions! I will be getting a curve in a few weeks and was hoping I wouldn't have to repurchase EVERYTHING. haha. That really would have been a bummer.

Although, I've been surfing the themes forum for the curve 8330 in anticipation! haha. (I have a pearl right now, and as much as I love it, the memory issues it has are ridiculous.)

Again, thanks everyone for your help!
    10-28-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD