Once again I will leave this to the people who are better at this than me. I like to think I'm pretty BB savvy but not sure about some of the really technical stuff.

I have an ATT BOLD. How do I get rid of all the preloaded garbage ie ATT Music; "get ATT Nav"; I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the launchers that I just hide as soon as I get a new device that just take up the already pathetic 128mb flash memory available.

Second - I thought of a great shortcut (for me at least) but have no idea how to do it. I have customized my typing and autotext to make typing on the device pretty streamline ie auto punctuation via %b. I would like something that when you press the $ key - your keyboard auto locks on the alt key and types numbers until the space bar is pressed.

may sound trivial but I type many dollar amounts a day and anything that makes life a little more efficiant works for me (especially when I'm typing with one hand)

Thanks all
    08-13-09 10:29 PM
    you cannot get rid of them per se. i suggest making a folder on your home screen called "junk". move all the AT&T pushed launchers into it. then hide the folder. if you just delete them, they will come back because the service books will keep getting pushed to your phone by AT&T. if you do as i said, they wont bother you anymore.
    08-14-09 03:44 AM
    Once again I will leave this to the people who are better at this than me. I like to think I'm pretty BB savvy but not sure about some of the really technical stuff.

I have an ATT BOLD. How do I get rid of all the preloaded garbage ie ATT Music; "get ATT Nav"; I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the launchers that I just hide as soon as I get a new device that just take up the already pathetic 128mb flash memory available.

Second - I thought of a great shortcut (for me at least) but have no idea how to do it. I have customized my typing and autotext to make typing on the device pretty streamline ie auto punctuation via %b. I would like something that when you press the $ key - your keyboard auto locks on the alt key and types numbers until the space bar is pressed.

may sound trivial but I type many dollar amounts a day and anything that makes life a little more efficiant works for me (especially when I'm typing with one hand)

Thanks all
    You can use CrackMem and Shrink-A-OS to get rid of preloaded programs (non launchers) as well as languages, wallpapers, ringtones, etc. You can also use BBFileScout to get rid of the sample media.

Or you can just manually remove the files for the programs that you dont want/need then reload OS
    08-14-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD