I'd love a severe weather app, apart from a daily weather app. Features I'd like to see:

Scrolling weather advisories

Maps showing watch boxes, counties w/ current severe weather warnings, thunderstorm severity forecast, precipitation forecast, etc

Detailed animated radar w/ projected storm path, including estimated times of arrival for the cities in the storm path. Also including lightning strike frequency & hail & wind reports.

The ability to stream NOAA radio for the watch/warning area

The ability to view various web cameras from a warned area

This would be friggin' sweet. I live in the heart of Tornado Alley & we are also blizzard prone in the winter. I would gladly pay $20-$30 for an app w/ these features.

Anyone know where I can take this idea?
    01-28-10 07:29 PM
    Interesting idea.

Some of what you seek is in the newest version of BerryWeather including the NOAA streaming radio and webcams, and detailed and custom radar maps. Other items are not.
    01-28-10 08:39 PM
    Ack, really??? I heard BeWeather got an update, but since I did the free trial and didn't really care for it I didn't give it a second thought. I may need to re-evaluate. Thanks for the tip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:21 AM
    Ack, really??? I heard BeWeather got an update, but since I did the free trial and didn't really care for it I didn't give it a second thought. I may need to re-evaluate. Thanks for the tip!
    The new BerryWeather is excellent. A look is a worthy effort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD