Maybe something that can stream police scanners. There is always something going on in the hood and I wouldn't mind being able to listen when I'm bored.
    03-30-09 04:08 PM
    That would be great if possible. Some Police Departments have numerous freqs.
    03-30-09 04:23 PM
    I can stream off a website, but blackberry wont read it.
    03-30-09 04:30 PM
    Did you try to change browsers? Maybe that might work.
    Last edited by dtwomou; 03-30-09 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Edit:
    03-30-09 04:32 PM
    wow i am glad we have an encrypted channel....

Wanna hear what's happening on the police radio? Sign up and take the test.
    03-30-09 04:33 PM
    ScanAmerica: Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners has a lot of streams. I don't know though if it is possible to play the streams over the phone. You probably could with some program. Also, check out RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference because I remember a topic on those forums about listening on a BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 04:35 PM
    wow i am glad we have an encrypted channel....

Wanna hear what's happening on the police radio? Sign up and take the test.
    Not sure but I believe I read somebody was able to hear with no issues all the frequencies pretty much, even an encrypted one. I just can't remember where I read it
    03-30-09 04:35 PM
    Im sure thats out there somewhere. It would be foolish to think that there isn't.
    03-30-09 04:39 PM
    You have open freqs and encrypted ones. You buy a police scanner from radio shack and you can just add the freqs. Tack 1 and 2 is encrypted and you loose the audio.

They wouldn't let civilians buy scanners if we weren't allowed to listen.

I tried to get the stream from the website and it will open the player just wont play
    03-30-09 04:58 PM
    Sorry to ask again.... Did you try to change your browser?
    03-30-09 05:55 PM
    I have my local scanner feed set up in Orb. Streams to my Storm fine that way.

03-30-09 06:01 PM
    Yes, orb will work, moodio will also work. I use moodio to get air traffic control.

03-30-09 06:40 PM
    Interesting ... I would have thought it would be more difficult to stream ... I run a couple apps on linux to listen to this stuff. Thanks to all for the input...

Although when I'm in the truck I just fire up the yaesu dual-bander so I can do it mobile too
    03-30-09 06:48 PM
    Maybe something that can stream police scanners. There is always something going on in the hood and I wouldn't mind being able to listen when I'm bored.
    This is a great idea.
    03-30-09 06:50 PM
    Good job! I was thinking of this last night but could not figure how it would work.
    03-30-09 06:55 PM
    just by a decent scanner and put it in your car.... way more effective and capable than the storm would be. Plus most police and fire and such now run truncated systems so once the dispatch connects the call is constantly moved around the trunk plus trunks are also digital...
    03-30-09 07:05 PM
    I would use it more at the time of incident. Whats this orb?
    03-30-09 07:55 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately there are internet feeds out there for the encrypted channels. Which is great when the dirtbags can listen to us as we are getting ready to serve warrants, make entry, etc... Yeah, real great. Got no problems with joe civ. listening in on the patrol frequencies, but broadcasting an encrypted is just BS and gonna get an officer killed.
    03-30-09 08:12 PM
    some law enforcement agencies are already streaming on the web and you can listen to them on a blackberry via moodio.fm

For example, the Rochester, NY (KROC on moodio.fm) and Syracuse, NY (KSYR) are boradcast of the respective cities' police dispatchers.
    03-30-09 08:13 PM
    ScanAmerica: Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners has a lot of streams. I don't know though if it is possible to play the streams over the phone. You probably could with some program. Also, check out RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference because I remember a topic on those forums about listening on a BlackBerry.

This is what I use...works like a charm
    03-30-09 09:41 PM
    just by a decent scanner and put it in your car.... way more effective and capable than the storm would be. Plus most police and fire and such now run truncated systems so once the dispatch connects the call is constantly moved around the trunk plus trunks are also digital...
    Not all trunks are digital, not all digital are trunked.

Mass State Police are trunked analog, as well as Broward County Florida communications and plenty others.
    03-30-09 10:09 PM
    ScanAmerica for the streams and then moodio.fm to play them on the storm....works great for me.
    03-30-09 10:44 PM
    No point for civilians to have a scanner. Nosey rubber neckers.
    03-31-09 12:39 AM
    That moodio worked. Thank you for the help

Your right, I was nosey about the #1 male that was running from the police and almost killed me and my family.
    Last edited by somdfisher; 03-31-09 at 05:55 PM.
    03-31-09 05:49 PM
    I'm looking for a Montreal, Canada police stream. Can anyone help?
    03-31-09 05:59 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD