Hey so I was thinking about how RIM is touting that the Playbook has the full web, so apps are less important.

For the consumer side, in my understanding games consist of a lot of the "killer" apps on the Ipad/ipod.

Many here have the argument that there are millions of Flash games available online, which are really great games. The counter argument to that is that most were not made for controls with a touch screen and would require a keyboard, but the keyboard pulled up on the playbook would not leave enough room to play a game.

To solve this i was wondering (if it doesn't already exist) if it's possible to make an app that would let you customize your keyboard, for example drag whichever keys you need to locations that would be convenient for you depending on what game you're playing, and maybe be able to save different layouts ( for example a lot of games will only require WASD or Arrows and some other key to shoot/action etc. ) That way you could have access to the millions of games on the internet AND be able to play them!

Anybody with me on that?
    03-03-11 09:56 PM
    Hey so I was thinking about how RIM is touting that the Playbook has the full web, so apps are less important.

For the consumer side, in my understanding games consist of a lot of the "killer" apps on the Ipad/ipod.

Many here have the argument that there are millions of Flash games available online, which are really great games. The counter argument to that is that most were not made for controls with a touch screen and would require a keyboard, but the keyboard pulled up on the playbook would not leave enough room to play a game.

To solve this i was wondering (if it doesn't already exist) if it's possible to make an app that would let you customize your keyboard, for example drag whichever keys you need to locations that would be convenient for you depending on what game you're playing, and maybe be able to save different layouts ( for example a lot of games will only require WASD or Arrows and some other key to shoot/action etc. ) That way you could have access to the millions of games on the internet AND be able to play them!

Anybody with me on that?
    it'd be hard to play a game with the keyboard on the screen (most people arent buying a bluetooth one) i would leave little space to see the game
    03-03-11 10:03 PM
    That's what i mean, what if there was an app that let you rearange the keyboard and only show the couple of keys needed to play the game?
    03-03-11 10:08 PM
    That's what i mean, what if there was an app that let you rearange the keyboard and only show the couple of keys needed to play the game?
    that be the same things as having buttons on the screen for controlling the game
    howarmat likes this.
    03-03-11 10:50 PM
    EDIT: changing my original thoughts on this. Yes it could be possible.
    03-03-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD