I really believe I have a great idea for an app (just like a million others) but don't really know where to take it. I am not a developer but just an idea guy. Can anyone recommend a way for me to introduce this idea to a reputable developer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 07:20 AM
    c'mon...i am the next millionaire.
    09-25-09 03:27 PM
    just send them an email
    09-25-09 05:11 PM
    Hollo, bfournier

Greetings from one of the other million. I'm also just an 'Idea Guy'
    I found myself in the same position a few months back and like you, I found my way here looking for help; See thread "where can i hire a developer to make my app??" from May 09

After some months I did get a couple of responses. This forum wasn't quite as helpful as I expected but it's a great place for info pertaining specifically to Blackberries. I also tried classifieds and web postings. Be very careful if you go this route. Many perils.

Be prepared for challenges. I was required to learn to set up and configure a dedicated server in the space of a week. Prior to that, I knew nothing about Linux or servers. A good learning experience but not what I was looking for at this time. I hired someone to do the final security config. but that may not be working out so well.

My advice; If a developer/programmer doesn't ask you too many questions, keep looking. While a programmer may know more about programming than you, don't automatically assume that they know how your app should work better than you do (unless maybe you are willing to pay some serious cash). Be prepared to be involved.

Good luck with your million$. I'll be looking for your post asking for testers.

Gojin
    09-25-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD