Iconify v1.0 released
    ...as quick not (I am not feeling very well in the moment) - Iconify v1.0.2 is online now - thank you all for your valuable feedback & suggestions - I hope most of them made it into the v1.0 build.

I am sorry that the requests for support of other Browsers (like Bolt) could not be implemented for now - the reason is quite simple: there is no way to "remote control" these 3'rd part Browsers from Iconify (my request is still pending somewhere in the support).

Please note, that the v1.0.2 build requires a real Registration Code once the 14 day trial period is over. So do not update, if you want to use the free beta.

All details about the new Version can be found at the Iconify Homepage...

If you like to get instantly your RegistrationCode simple get it here in the CrackBerry Shop:

15 Link Version
    Iconify [15-Link-Version] - Create Web- Dial- & MailLinks directly on your HomeScreen - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

50 Link Version
    Iconify [50-Link-Version] - Create Web- Dial- & MailLinks directly on your HomeScreen - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-11-10 01:15 PM
    awesome. thnx.
    02-11-10 02:00 PM
    as update - today v1.0.3 was released this version contains few tweaks like:
    • Small performance improvements when a IconifyLauncher will be initialized
    • Thumbnail display can make use of the BlackBerry� device generated thumbnails that are stored in the 'BBThumbs.dat' files (when available).

Contest: Iconify v1.0.3 Out Of Beta And Now Available - Win One Of 25 Copies | CrackBerry.com
    02-16-10 02:25 PM
    What's the difference between this and launchpad?
    LaunchPad - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by hudss; 02-16-10 at 03:52 PM.
    02-16-10 03:50 PM
    What's the difference between this and launchpad?
    Iconify comes as a 14 day free trial (10Links) - I suggest to give Iconify a try and feel the difference - There where good reasons to write Iconify even if other applications already exists.
    02-16-10 04:07 PM
    Iconify comes as a 14 day free trial (10Links) - I suggest to give Iconify a try and feel the difference - There where good reasons to write Iconify even if other applications already exists.
    Will do..didn't mean to come off as if sarcastic..Its a great function to have. I don't mind multiple apps that have common functions and always appreciate developers who support the BB platform..There are dozens of call blocking, tilt apps etc..one is always an improvement over the other.

I held off on other launchers. Always read about compatibility issues with 5.0 and icons staying after reboot. Was really looking for an unbiased review or comparison, but I'll just give the trial a shot.
    02-16-10 10:20 PM
    Was really looking for an unbiased review or comparison, but I'll just give the trial a shot.
    Of course I am not able to deliver you an 'unbiased review' - I hope we will see something like that in the near future from independent editors [like it was done with FileScout (fka BBFileScout) -> http://crackberry.com/bbfilescout-re...e-manager-pro].

Concerning the Trial: I can ensure you that if you are not happy with the functionality it can be completely removed from your device... So try it 100% risk free.

Always read about compatibility issues with 5.0 and icons staying after reboot
    Indeed you are correct there are issues that have the root cause in some BUG's inside the RIM OS itself (which can't be solved by 3'rd party developers like myself). Currently I am aware of a problem, when you deinstall another application via BlackBerryOptions-(Advanced)-Applications that then on some devices the icons or the text (or both) is gone - only RIM knows why - therefore Iconify comes with a "Refresh all links"-Item in the Iconify-Options to fix all the HomeScreen icons right away... If you find any additional issues - just let me know and I will check out what can be done about them.

Matthias
    02-17-10 02:43 AM
    Bought the 50 link version and like the app overall. Is it possible to have the labels more intuitive? I've got my wife's phone entered, and added her SMS link, but since I'm not sending Mail, since when adding the phone number it says [SMS], could that label be applied.

Dial
    Mail

Would like to see it say:

Dial
    SMS
    02-17-10 11:17 PM
    Bought the 50 link version and like the app overall. Is it possible to have the labels more intuitive? I've got my wife's phone entered, and added her SMS link, but since I'm not sending Mail, since when adding the phone number it says [SMS], could that label be applied.
    It took me some moments to understand what you mean - so you are asking to chanage the "Mail" button text to 'SMS' when the IconifyMail Link below just containing a SMS (Mobile) Number. Did I understood you correct? It's a bit tricky - but I will look into that.
    02-18-10 01:58 AM
    I just downloaded the iconify trial version because i've heard and read good things about it. I proceeded to open application to start my trial period and look at some of the settings. When i saved the settings and closed the program it said my 14 day trial had expired but i only had the program installed for 5 minutes! I was seriously considering purchasing this program but there is no way that's going to happen if i can't even get the trial to run...
    02-18-10 09:41 AM
    I proceeded to open application to start my trial period and look at some of the settings. When i saved the settings and closed the program it said my 14 day trial had expired but i only had the program installed for 5 minutes!
    Could it be, that you have poked around with the device time/date before or after you have started the trial time?
    02-18-10 10:11 AM
    This is great... easy to use too, thanks!
    02-18-10 11:31 AM
    Could it be, that you have poked around with the device time/date before or after you have started the trial time?
    Nope, i literally installed the application...rebooted to complete the installation and ran the program before getting notified of my trial being over.
    02-18-10 07:05 PM
    It took me some moments to understand what you mean - so you are asking to chanage the "Mail" button text to 'SMS' when the IconifyMail Link below just containing a SMS (Mobile) Number. Did I understood you correct? It's a bit tricky - but I will look into that.
    Replace the word "Mail" with "SMS" as shown here, since it's an SMS I'm creating a short cut to.

02-18-10 08:38 PM
    Replace the word "Mail" with "SMS" as shown here, since it's an SMS I'm creating a short cut to.
    Thanks for the screenshot - I spot something completly different - below the Icon's it's just said "IconifyLink...." - actually there you normally should see the Contact Name - is this always the case? [I mean, even if you use the "refresh all links" or a device Reboot?]
    02-19-10 01:48 AM
    when you first create the link, you get something that looks like a computer and some numbers and when you click on it, it becomes the icon and is titled with whatever title you give it.

My only problem was after several hours, the title that I gave my icon defaulted back to the numbers, not the title I had given it. It did that on both of the links I created. Is this a normal thing that will happen?
    02-19-10 09:01 AM
    this is not "normal" behaviour! - but it "can" happen when you deinstall applications or change the Theme -> then for what ever reason the OS lose the given Icons and names (or only one of both) - in this case you can make use of the 'Refresh all links" function in the Iconify options... Yes this is only a workaround - but it's a problem, that only RIM can fix inside the OS - sorry
    02-19-10 10:22 AM
    Thanks emacf1 - it's a great app
    02-19-10 10:32 AM
    Thanks for the screenshot - I spot something completly different - below the Icon's it's just said "IconifyLink...." - actually there you normally should see the Contact Name - is this always the case? [I mean, even if you use the "refresh all links" or a device Reboot?]
    I don't know why that happens. It seems like I have to refresh links every once in awhile. Once I do refresh, it puts them back to the names I assigned. I'm using the latest version of Iconify.
    02-19-10 07:32 PM
    I don't know why that happens. It seems like I have to refresh links every once in awhile. Once I do refresh, it puts them back to the names I assigned. I'm using the latest version of Iconify.
    These devices can have really strange behvious - I know, that the Text get's lost when you deinstall an application or when you switch the active theme - but it seams to be that there are also other additional occasions when the OS set the default application names... the next build of Iconify will include an Autorefresh (30min, 1h, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h) functionality...
    02-20-10 02:13 AM
    Iconify v1.0.4 released
    In order to tackle the lost of IconifyLink names I have added few more things, that should make manual "Refresh all links" more or less obsolete...

What's new
    • New Option 'Autorefresh IconifyLink every 30min, 1h, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h or OFF'
      Can be used if you encounter frequently the lost of the IconifyLink icons and/or texts (e.g. when you deinsall an application via the options or changing the active theme). The default setting is 2hours. If you haven't any issues in the past (like myself on my Storm2 running OS5.0.0.436) then you can turn this function OFF.
    • Icon sizes tweaked to match better the default device icon size [e.g. on Bold, Bold2 & Tour]
    • Iconify now also available as ALX to be installed offline via RIM's DesktopManager - ALX installer can be found at the emacberry.com Iconify Download page: http://www.emacberry.com/ico/iconify_03download.html

What's fixed
    • Some workarounds to try to force the update of IconifyLinks that are located in the first row of your Homescreen when the device is rebooted.
      IconifyLinks that are visible on the default HomeScreen (no #Menu button have to be pressed) might not show the assigned IconifyLink Icon because of issues in the OS (or theme) itself. This build improves the situation but still might not work in all situations.

If you like to get instantly your RegistrationCode simple get it here in the CrackBerry Shop:

15 Link Version
    Iconify [15-Link-Version] - Create Web- Dial- & MailLinks directly on your HomeScreen - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

50 Link Version
    Iconify [50-Link-Version] - Create Web- Dial- & MailLinks directly on your HomeScreen - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-20-10 05:58 AM
    This may have been addressed earlier and I quite possibly may have missed it but why only 50 links? I am somewhat new to the BlackBerry community (as of Sept '09). Is it a OS/device limitation?
    02-21-10 02:05 PM
    This may have been addressed earlier and I quite possibly may have missed it but why only 50 links? I am somewhat new to the BlackBerry community (as of Sept '09). Is it a OS/device limitation?
    You can get back in contact with me, when you would like to create your 51'th link...
    02-21-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks so much for your prompt response ... U have tinkered with your app for about 24 hrs now and I am pretty much ready to get rid of PictureLink as Iconify has more functionality that I can use! That is a new record for me. Great app!
    02-21-10 02:29 PM
    Don't know if ill really use this but worth a go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 02:40 PM
193 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD