whenever i attempt to create a link and am prompted to download the additional app, the download keeps failing. my data connection is good and ive done a battery pull since installing.
    02-02-10 10:23 PM
    whenever i attempt to create a link and am prompted to download the additional app, the download keeps failing. my data connection is good and ive done a battery pull since installing.
    Oh - that's interesting - can you be so kind and tell me what error you get? [there is no data connection needed - since all the installation files are already on your device... - could it be, that you need the app few more access rights?]
    02-03-10 01:43 AM
    Is this fully compatible with the 9700?
    02-03-10 01:49 AM
    Is this fully compatible with the 9700?
    do you have issues with the Bold2 - here it worked smooth like silk (sim)
    02-03-10 02:54 AM
    Thanks for a great product! Working like a champ on 9530 OS 5.0.451. I posted a comment on the blog concerning 1 button/launcher for 1 contact (calls and emails) and I hope that is something that is in the works.
    02-03-10 07:56 AM
    Oh - that's interesting - can you be so kind and tell me what error you get? [there is no data connection needed - since all the installation files are already on your device... - could it be, that you need the app few more access rights?]
    Sure. i checked all permissions and everything is set to "allow". The error message listed in the details is "907 Invalid Cod"
    02-03-10 07:57 AM
    how about creating an option for MMS? it seems that the 8350 Nextel/Iden network blackberries always get shafted in these type of apps. the problem with the nextel blackberries do not send out SMS. they send all their messages out via MMS. they receive SMS via MMS.

thanks
    02-03-10 09:16 AM
    Sure. i checked all permissions and everything is set to "allow". The error message listed in the details is "907 Invalid Cod"
    let's get into details via PM...
    02-03-10 09:25 AM
    EmacF1,

This app is great!!! Only thing i am having an issue with on my Storm 2 is that when the phone resets after a battery pull(Which i do every AM with Quickpull), the saved images disappear on my inconify links. But only in the "talk" position.

I have two rows of icons in the upright "talk" position. In that position, the link is there, but the images aren't there. When i rotate the phone 90 degrees into the "QWERTY" position, the pics are there. The only way to get them to show again in the "talk" position is to move the link up one row while in "QWERTY", save, then move it back to it's original position. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain to do every AM.

Just wanted to let you know...
    02-05-10 09:53 AM
    I've been running PictureLink for some time but thought I'd give this a try.

Both use similar approaches to creating links but PictureLink installs at about 55K, as opposed to Iconify's 300K. That's quite a difference. There's a trade-off, though: I have to re-enter all my PictureLink shortcuts after a backup/restore -- quite a pain -- whereas my Iconify settings restore quite nicely with its "Refresh all InconifyLinks" feature. That's a deal maker for me (providing the price is right).

One gripe about Iconify, however: The "Edit IconifyLinks" screen is incredibly laggy and jerky on my 9530. Any fix for that?
    02-05-10 01:53 PM
    This app is great!!! Only thing i am having an issue with on my Storm 2 is that when the phone resets after a battery pull(Which i do every AM with Quickpull), the saved images disappear on my inconify links. But only in the "talk" position. ... Just wanted to let you know...
    Can you tell me, which OS5.x Version you are running on your Strom2? I am on 5.0.0.436 and do not have any issues like that... and you can/should try the "Refresh all IconifyLinks" from the Iconify-Options - that should fix the problem with the Icons... if not, then this is for sure an OS related problem

...as opposed to Iconify's 300K. That's quite a difference.
    Sure - there are good reasons for this since Iconify comes already with all Link-Launchers "inside" and there is no need of additional downloads - if the size is an issue (and you would prefer to DL each launcher every time OTA) then there could be an additional version which will be way much smaller...

One gripe about Iconify, however: The "Edit IconifyLinks" screen is incredibly laggy and jerky on my 9530. Any fix for that?
    That's indeed interesting - Can you tell me how many Links you have created, and how many of them use "custom" pictures? TIA

There will be a new build shortly - but that does not tackle the EditLinkList (so don't be disappointed)
    02-06-10 04:34 AM
    a quick look into the code instantly revealed the reason for this laggy part - even if I said something different before - expect some improvements in the next build.
    02-06-10 06:53 AM
    Iconify update v0.8.4

What's new
    • Combined Mail-Links & Dial-Links
    • SMS to all contact Numbers
    • Performance & installer issues

See the Iconify Changelog for Details

How to update?
    Simple open the Iconify Options (via BlackBerry options) and select the MenuItem 'Check for updates...'

or

point your Browser to the OTA installer: Iconify for BlackBerry� Download

Thanks so much for all your feedback so far...
    Matthias
    02-06-10 07:43 AM
    Thanks for the update emacf1.
    I like now having a iconify icon on my bb.
    Well be playing around with it more today.
    02-06-10 09:54 AM
    Any additional feedback so far? - How about performance issues? - Does the new combined Link features fit your needs?
    02-08-10 08:02 AM
    so far so good.
    02-08-10 08:54 AM
    Any additional feedback so far? - How about performance issues? - Does the new combined Link features fit your needs?
    The lagging in Edit IconifyLinks seems to have been resolved. Thanks!

As for the statement I made earlier about the file size difference between Iconify and PictureLink, please don't get me wrong, I was not complaining. I figured there was a reason for the difference and you explained it quite nicely.
    02-08-10 12:04 PM
    The lagging in Edit IconifyLinks seems to have been resolved. Thanks!
    I have to say thank you for pointing out, that this List had an issue - I am very happy that it seams to be solved...

As for the statement I made earlier about the file size difference between Iconify and PictureLink, please don't get me wrong, I was not complaining. I figured there was a reason for the difference and you explained it quite nicely.
    no worries - have in mind, that English is not my first language - so sometimes my response can sound strange - but this is simply cause of the language barrier - in general I am a gentle guy (at least I hope so)
    02-08-10 01:08 PM
    Can you tell me, which OS5.x Version you are running on your Strom2? I am on 5.0.0.436 and do not have any issues like that... and you can/should try the "Refresh all IconifyLinks" from the Iconify-Options - that should fix the problem with the Icons... if not, then this is for sure an OS related problem
    I think it is an OS problem. Tried the "Refresh" and that didn't work. I'm on version 5.0.0.320 because i'm in the US(I think your OS is UK-only). Bummer... just DL'd the new update too. Nice that we have an icon now! Thanks!
    02-09-10 08:59 AM
    I think it is an OS problem. Tried the "Refresh" and that didn't work. I'm on version 5.0.0.320 because i'm in the US
    ... I assume you have the Links in the first row (first 3 rows) and you do not use the "today" layout for your HomeScreen. Is that correct?

You might like to try [just to ensure, that's OS related], to move the Iconify Icons down on the HomeScreen (so that they do not appear in the portrait layout and you have to press the #Menu button to show the full HomeScreen)... When in this case all the Links display the information they should, then we know for sure, that's OS related [and apps like BerryWeather - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store will have the same problme ]
    02-09-10 09:07 AM
    How do you combine the call and email? I still have both choices/options when I highlight a contact. Thanks.

Never mind. Got it and it works great!!!
    Last edited by CZeph; 02-09-10 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Figured it out
    02-09-10 10:02 AM
    This is a great app!!! I am running this app on my 8530 os 5.0, and haven't had one issue. It works great, and I keep telling everyone I know to try it. I love being able to have a icon (customized infact) to open a chat with my wife from the home screen. That is the only feature I use, so I can't comment on any other options this program offers.
    02-09-10 10:07 AM
    This is a great app!!! I am running this app on my 8530 os 5.0, and haven't had one issue. It works great, and I keep telling everyone I know to try it...
    Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience :-) if there is anything that does not work as expected please do not hesitate to let me know.
    02-09-10 11:34 AM
    Are there 8900'er who can confirm (or deny) that there are problems with the creation of Web IconifyLinks?
    02-10-10 05:27 AM
    Looks like that I could release an official build already :-) [8900'er Issue (with creation of WebLinks seams to be fixed too)]
    02-11-10 08:06 AM
193 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD