Today I would like share with you the news that there is a new BlackBerry Application by emacberry.com called:

Iconify for BlackBerry

Iconify allows you to create links to any Webpage or ro any of your Contacts in your BlackBerry AddressBook, so that they are directly accessible from your BlackBerry Homescreen. Of Course you can specify for each created link a own Picture (for Contacts by default the Contact Photo is used) and Name. Iconify keeps the links to your contacts always up2date. When you change a phone number or eMail address of a contact, the associated IconifyLink will automatically be updated also.

Beside associating a single phone number (DialLink) [or eMail/SMS (MailLink)] to a IconifyLink you have the option to "select them each time". So when you are using the IconifyLink from the Hoemscreen you will get a dialog to select one of the phone numbers (or eMail addresses) of the associated contact.

Iconify is still BETA - so it would be great to get your Feedback concerning missing features or things that need to be improved. So just let me know! You made FileScout already a great app - so let's see what will happen with Iconify

Iconify Core Features:
    • Create an IconifyDialLink to any Contact of your BlackBerry� AddressBook directly on your HomeScreen.
      • Specify a custom image or use the contact picture
      • Select a single number, specify a custom number or pick "select each time" (once the contact have multiple numbers assigned)
      • Select if you would like to confirm the number dialing As soon as you change any details (number or picture) of your contact in your BlackBerry� AddressBook Iconify will instantly refresh the link on your HomeScreen. So the IconifyLink is always up2date! (only applies, if you made no "custom" settings for an IconifyLink)
    • Create an IconifyMailLink to any Contact of your BlackBerry� AddressBook directly on your HomeScreen.
      • Same as for Dial Links you can select between multiple eMail Addresses, SMS-Number, PIN, or specify a custom eMail address for an IconifyMailLink.
    • Create an IconifyWebLink to a Webpage you have currently open in your BlackBerry� Browser directly on your HomeScreen.
      • Adjust the URL if needed
      • Specify an custom name or use the default generated
      • Iconify will try to read the favicon.ico file of the Webserver (only JPG & PNG supported - these formats are not very common yet as favorite.ico files - but that hopefully will change in the future). Once a Site offers a favicon.ico file in a supported format Iconify will use that image as custom picture for this IconifyLink.
    • Options to configure Iconify to your choice
      • Always confirm when on Roaming [ON/OFF]
      • Default Confirm for new DialLinks [ON/OFF]
      • Default Confirm for new WebLinks [ON/OFF]
      • Various settings to configure the custom image browser
      • Force TCP/IP for favicon.ico request (WebLinks)

Short Manual
    I have already prepared a short manual which explains how to create, edit and delete IconifyLinks. You can find the Iconify Instructions here on my website.

Download OTA
    As always Iconify can be installed OTA by using this URL from your BlackBerry Browser:
    Iconify for BlackBerry� Download

(alternatively you can go to Iconify OTA Installation - Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher and take a photo of the QR-Code-Image with your BlackBerryMessenger 5.0 Application)

Current known limitations
    The current BETA version is limited to a maximal amount of 10 Links - this will for sure change in the near future.

More Info
    All details can be found also at the BETA Homepage of Iconify that is located here: Iconify Homepage - Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

14 day Trial expired?
    Once your 14 day trial have expired you can enter any 12 digit number as "fake" Registration Code in this BETA build in order to continue to use this Iconify BETA Version - of course this will only work till a official final release of the Application.
    Last edited by emacf1; 02-06-10 at 01:19 PM.
    k_dinesh06 likes this.
    02-02-10 11:57 AM
    What a great concept -- a BlackBerry user can now create their own homescreen icons (aka "launchers") -- fully customizable and editable, too (and all on the device itself!). In the past, developers would provide customized launchers with a fee service. Keep up the fantastic work!
    02-02-10 12:44 PM
    what size is the app? what what amount of space will each link take? thanks
    i have 8320 on 4.5
    02-02-10 12:58 PM
    what size is the app? what what amount of space will each link take? thanks
    i have 8320 on 4.5
    Currently, it's about 300 KiB for the app, and the installer for each link is showing only 1.2 KiB (which is tiny!).
    02-02-10 01:05 PM
    Im sure going to give this a try!
    02-02-10 01:38 PM
    Great idea,
    I'm downloading it right now
    02-02-10 01:53 PM
    How much will this be when trials over? couldnt find a price. Looks good though. created a few on the trial version and it works very nicely. Each info thingy is in the application section and would need to be uninstalled like an app right?

Nice work.
    02-02-10 02:07 PM
    How much will this be when trials over? couldnt find a price. Looks good though. created a few on the trial version and it works very nicely. Each info thingy is in the application section and would need to be uninstalled like an app right?

Nice work.
    each iconifylink can be removed under options-->iconify options(or something similar)
    02-02-10 02:11 PM
    If this functions as it sounds (and seems to so far), it will surely be on the short list of best of the best for me.

I am able to create the dial link, no problem. I was having trouble creating a link to SMS someone in my address book...then i realized why. THe software seems to only pull from the "mobile" numbers in the address book to build the sms link. I had his cell number in the work phone slot and it wouldn't allow me to pick that one.

maybe something to tweak

GREAT APP SO FAR
    02-02-10 02:33 PM
    Gotta tell you, this is probably one of the most useful apps i've encountered. Probably one of my favorites and ive only had it for about 30 minutes.

I would recommend this to anyone.
    02-02-10 02:36 PM
    each iconifylink can be removed under options-->iconify options(or something similar)
    I highly recommend to check the short manual section [there you will find step by step what to do (plenty of pictures - almost nothing to read)]

I haven't made up my mind yet (about the pricing) - but I think there will be a 25Link and 50Link Version... Currently no Reg-Code is required... Once the trial is Expired you can enter "any" Key to continue to use this [till the final build will be released]

Thanks so far for the Feedback!
    02-02-10 02:39 PM
    If this functions as it sounds (and seems to so far), it will surely be on the short list of best of the best for me.

I am able to create the dial link, no problem. I was having trouble creating a link to SMS someone in my address book...then i realized why. THe software seems to only pull from the "mobile" numbers in the address book to build the sms link. I had his cell number in the work phone slot and it wouldn't allow me to pick that one.

maybe something to tweak

GREAT APP SO FAR
    Or, perhaps the ability to add a custom SMS or PIN address...
    That sounds excellent and looking forward to trying it.

Little disappointing though, I thought you were talking about emacs for BB
    I was having trouble creating a link to SMS someone in my address book...then i realized why. THe software seems to only pull from the "mobile" numbers in the address book to build the sms link. I had his cell number in the work phone slot and it wouldn't allow me to pick that one.

maybe something to tweak
    Thanks for the feedback - indeed quite difficult to manage this in the right way - for sure I am going to think about this [and if there is a possible "good" solution] - for me it was so natural, that "work" is not a mobile number
    02-02-10 02:48 PM
    I could see it being a limiting problem for some contacts that have multiple numbers that you would want to send an SMS to. Seems it would be easiest (for you) just to let the user pick from ANY phone number in the contact's record. No? if they pick a land-line by accident, that's their problem.
    02-02-10 02:50 PM
    Hi everyone! New here, and i figured i'd start off with a newb question. I DL'd this app, and can't find it anywhere in my Storm 2. I checked DLs and Applications... nada. Any help? Thx!!
    02-02-10 03:01 PM
    ...Seems it would be easiest (for you) just to let the user pick from ANY phone number in the contact's record. No? if they pick a land-line by accident, that's their problem.
    Sure that would be an option indeed [and quickly to implement - since for DialLinks I am reading all Numbers anyhow ]
    02-02-10 03:04 PM
    Hi everyone! New here, and i figured i'd start off with a newb question. I DL'd this app, and can't find it anywhere in my Storm 2. I checked DLs and Applications... nada. Any help? Thx!!
    see the manual page http://www.emacberry.com/ico/iconify_05user_manual.html
    02-02-10 03:15 PM
    Sign me up, sound interesting.
    02-02-10 04:49 PM
    Great start! Awesome idea! Definitely going to be a best seller!
    02-02-10 05:40 PM
    So we don't get is for free?
    02-02-10 07:16 PM
    02-02-10 08:30 PM
    02-02-10 08:45 PM
    I haven't made up my mind yet (about the pricing) - but I think there will be a 25Link and 50Link Version... Currently no Reg-Code is required...

Thanks so far for the Feedback!
    I really like the beta, in fact have been looking for this type of app as a new BB user and until announcement of your app didn't know others existed. I hope it stays priced in the range of the other similar apps listed here. As a point of reference, PictureLink has 99 entries at $3.99
    02-02-10 09:54 PM
    emacf1 sounds like you came out with another great
    program, like all of your other ones!!
    Downloading now... Thanks and keep
    up the great work, with useful programs!!
    02-02-10 10:19 PM
193 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD