Can anyone point into the direction of a finance management app?
    Something to track what you have in your savings, and your debit account, etc when you make purchases and deposit money
    Finance splitter is a plus (Lets you see a pie chart on what you are spending most of your money on)
    02-12-09 08:26 AM
    I've used Ascendo Money, but it doesn't want to install on .99 OS.
    02-12-09 08:27 AM
    thanks for reminding me,
    im running on .103
    02-12-09 08:36 AM
    I use mint.com on the pc and it is fantastic. They do charts and such and can set budgets. They released an app for the iphone but don't have one for the storm yet. If I use opera I can log in and browse the site although its not the best. I've also tried pageonce and it looked really good but costs $5 per month.
    02-12-09 09:41 AM
    I mean i have ibank on my mac, and they have an iPhone app to, but it would just be cool to have it on your phone, as an app, so that I wouldnt have to remember how much i have left in my debit (im still overdrawn $60, but now i dont trust my money in banks because i had money in there, but they withheld it for reasons beyond comprehension)
    02-12-09 10:15 AM
    I would probably wait till Ascendo Money comes out with a Storm-compatible app as it seems to get really good reviews among BB users. It costs a little bit of $$$ but so does any good financial tracking system such as Quicken, etc. You can also acquire the desktop version of Ascendo Money and sync your desktop to the BB.

One key feature for me is the ability to download statements online since I track and pay most of my bills that way. Ascendo Money has this capability.

Also, iBank does not have an iPhone app, they just have a web app which is essentially a mobile web shortcut, like a Launcher in the Storm.
    Last edited by mdude85; 02-12-09 at 11:34 AM.
    02-12-09 11:30 AM
    oh, i didnt know that, i just downloaded ibank and it said iphone version with it so...
    02-12-09 03:48 PM
    I wish Mint would make an app for the Storm. Tried Ascendo but I couldn't get account infor for US Bank so no deal for me, maybe it has it now, but it didn't seem to have a lot of features either.
    02-12-09 03:56 PM
    I have tried Ascendo also, but it doesn't support my bank.

My bank will and does download into Quicken so Ascendo should be able to support it.

I have emailed their support team but haven't heard a response.. Another sign that maybe I shouldn't shell out the cash if they can't respond to a simple inquiry via email...

Jamie
    02-12-09 04:17 PM
    Quicken is a much more robust program than Ascendo, so it's not surprising that Quicken would support a bank that Ascendo would not.

Sometimes email inquiries can take several days to receive a reply.
    02-13-09 10:29 AM
    Unless they reaaly pick up thier game, don't bother with ascendo
    03-02-09 12:52 PM
    Unless they reaaly pick up thier game, don't bother with ascendo
    I'm hoping Mint.com or Quicken Online will release an application for the Blackberry since it's such a pain to have to sync financial records between two completely different programs (Ascendo Money and Quicken/Mint).
    03-02-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD