So just like the title i would like to build my own apps but i dont even know where to start i know it will take time but thats ok if any one would even begin to teach me or just direct me in the right direction i would be forever greatful
    04-25-09 04:48 AM
    meeeee tooo please im bored and wanna learn new tricks... i can sit, stay and give you my paw
    04-25-09 06:23 AM
    On bb website, there is a tool how to start building apps, java and etc. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 06:43 AM
    Why the heck was this voted 5 stars?

Made me believe there was good info in here!
    04-25-09 07:23 AM
    Why the heck was this voted 5 stars?

Made me believe there was good info in here!
    Ummm I am only seeing 3 stars... but I agree why would there be a rating on this thread at all.... oh well... moving on...
    04-25-09 08:30 AM
    First learn Java. After that, you have to download Sun's Java SDK 5.0 and then RIM's JDK 4.7.

If you want to build apps for the Storm, it has to be 4.7 or higher. I believe that is currently the only version that has touchscreen APIs.
    04-25-09 09:19 AM
    You have to learn java and object oriented programming before you can even think of writing apps. If you try to dive straight in you will be clueless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 10:26 AM
    Plus, if you want to load the app on your device and not just use it in the simulator you'll need to get software keys so you can sign your app and load it. It's like $20 to RIM or something like that. Is this true?
    04-25-09 01:58 PM
    All you need to develop apps are 3 things:

1) JDE

2) Brain Fuel

3) Debugger
    05-07-09 04:21 PM
    All you need to develop apps are 3 things:

1) JDE

2) Brain Fuel

3) Debugger
    Sweet! who knew I've been almost ready to write apps for ages! Have an alternate suggestion for #3, I'm trying to get rid of my debugger right now....
    05-07-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD