Can anyone confirm facebook groups support in the latest facebook app update? When I'm reading the feed, if I click on a group name, the app still takes me to a page asking if I'd like to view the group... which then opens the browser.

Am I misunderstanding what RIM meant by group support? I expected to be able to view a group in the same way I can view anyone else's wall.

Thanks
    06-21-12 05:24 PM
    It has my groups, So I can only confirm that it works for me.
    06-21-12 05:26 PM
    So in your news feed, if you click the name of a group, what happens? Does it take you to a screen asking you if you want to view the group (which then opens the web browser), or can you view the group and all it's messages right in the facebook app?

Thanks!
    06-21-12 05:44 PM
    HUH, I click on the "Facebook" button on the top left, then select GROUP icon. No idea what your doing there.

PS, and yes, I see the messages and such in the FB app on the BB itself, not in a browser.
    06-21-12 06:27 PM
    Hmm, there is no Group icon for me when clicking on the facebook button. News Feed, Profile, Notifications, Search, Messages, Friends, Chat, Nearby, Photos, Options... but no Group. Strange. Guess I'll try reinstalling or something.
    06-21-12 07:16 PM
    I had to install from the web link provided, app world would only allow me to reinstall my old version even after getting the update prompt.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 06-21-12 at 07:43 PM.
    06-21-12 07:41 PM
    Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick. Thanks.
    06-21-12 10:05 PM
    same here... had to re-install to get the groups to show.
    06-22-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD